Right Gauntlet Switches - Identified ? (Updated)

MegalomaniacalMandalore wrote:

FP. From the schematic you provided of the A-1150, it appears as though a hole approximately 1/8 inch would work for inserting the threaded receiver for the locking nut. The schemo says it's .15 ....I hope this is inches or else disregard this post.

Sounds right to me :love Now if I could only get ahold of Cole. I'll try again today.

Boba Phett wrote:

I can honestly say the switches that I have fit real nicely on the new gauntlets I just got ;) (sorry no pics of this available) -Mark

Coooooool. Could you share a pic in the near future ? :D
I would be VERY interested in seeing the scale.

-FP

** EDIT ** (UPDATE)

Finally got ahold of them. Sheesh, do I know how to pick 'em or what :lol: They're of course a specialty manufacturer, parts only made to order.

When I told them what they were needed for, of course the teasing started :lol: Nice guys though. Here's the scoup ...

They're going to send me 2 samples. After the discussion as to what they would be used for, they asked if they would even need to be fucnctional, because the prices for these little bad boys are apparently obscene, as they only make them for big companies such as Hughe's Aircraft ect.. I told them that it was not necessary for them to be functional for electronics use, since they have micro solder terminals anyway. He said, in that case, I could be in luck, because they have a huge surplus of non-functional switches or switches that cannot be sold because they did not meet QA standards, and they could problably make me a deal for a boat load of them for fractions of pennies on the dollar.

So that is the catch. They may not be worthy of actual electric current, but would still click like a rotary switch, sound like a rotary switch, but for all intents and purposes be a "Dummy Switch". The best part, is that they might basically be "FREE" :facepalm

So, I'llget the samples and see how they look on my new set of gaunt s. If they look right, and the price is right ....how can we go wrong? Well, there will be those here on the forum that may in fact want them functional. Personally I don't give a rip, but I need an idea of how many might be interested in them? Spread the word, give me an idea. IF THEY LOOK RIGHT. Stay tuned.

-FP

Last edited by a moderator:
Then may I be so bold as to sit in the number one spot on that list of people who want a set? :)

Good work FP . . . you never cease to amaze me! :)

Jer

Last edited by a moderator:
Number 2 spot, right here. :D Non-functioning, no worries. I had no intentions of adding any electronics to the right gauntlet anyway.

Count me in for at least one set of "dummy" switches. Good work FP. You really know how to get things done.

I noticed that this topic was listed as merged with "Gauntlet switches available", but I can't find that. Are we who posted here still on the "list" if there is one? I'm curious if there is any progress on this subject, and if the test units have been received and examined yet. Thanks :) .

MegalomaniacalMandalore wrote:

I noticed that this topic was listed as merged with "Gauntlet switches available", but I can't find that.
There was no merge that I'm aware of. This is the original, unaltered topic. I'm not sure what you're talking about. :confused

Actually, it's been pretty slow going with these boys. It always is when you're trying to get something for free I suppose :lol: They do irritate me nevertheless, because the're too big for their britches. I never asked for anything for free. They just assumed I couldn't afford their product because of the intended application, so they offered to practically give away thir throwbacks. :lol: I wasn't going to argue. But in turn, I suppose you place yourself at their mercy.

I understand the need for some closure to this either way as well though, don't get me wrong, since I've been at that stage with my gauntlets for a while :D

I will be leaving today for Portland for the rest of the week on biz, so I will check on it first thing when I return.

Sorry it took so long,

Chris

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back