Rifle From Scratch?

Bobo

Active Hunter
I'm too cheap to buy one of those suhweet kits, so I'm planning to make my own rifle from scratch!

I really don't care whether I make the ESB or ROTJ one, so if anyone has any tutorials, pics, spare parts they'd like to show/sell me? ;)

Thanks!

Packrat

Active Hunter
For pics, try the reference CD. Or check other people's work in this forum. I would suggest doing the ESB, it's just a Webley flare gun with a Heliand flash in the barrel and a scope. Unfortunately, Webleys are kinda hard to come by.... Check . You never know what might pop up...

::edit:: The Webley is a mark 1 number 1. (Mk. 1 No. 1)

tteF aboB

Active Hunter
jedi-academy.com has a turotial as does some of the do it yourself sites. Ive seen most recomend a 357 style/size BB gub as a base gun.

Bobo

Active Hunter
Dude!! That's perfect!!!! ;)

Wickedness.....now I'm off to Home Depot....Rona Warehouse...etc.. mwaaahahahahahahHHAHAH!!

*ehrm*...anyways, :D

I'll keep you posted on my progress, and thanks for that sexy link! Oh yeah, the main problem I'm having is finding a gun that I can use for the grip. They use a pellet gun, but is there a metal toy gun anyone has seen somewhere in Wal-Mart?

Thanks!

steveday72

Active Hunter

BountyHunter185 wrote:

This link mentions the actual pieces as long with ways to replicate those pieces.
http://www.jedi-academy.com/fett_rifle1.html

We plan on making our own ESB blaster so make sure to post pics of what you come up with. :D

The side blocks are a hard to find electrical connector that is manufactured in Europe - they don't look hardly anything like the blocks with the six holes in on the jedi-academy tutorial. The bolts on the sides aren't supposed to be there either - what they thought were bolts are part of the connectors.

Here are a couple of photos to show what I mean:

Boba_Fett_931-(cropped).jpg

Boba_Fett_951-(cropped).jpg

...and here is what the connectors look like by themselves (they have some drops of water on them from after I dyed them black):
Fett-Connector-Blocks-Black.jpg

Good luck with your Fett rifle - I'm building one myself out of thick aircraft grade aluminum 6061-T6. At the moment, I'm trying to identify and find a supplier for the actual clamps that were used.

I'll be making templates as I go and will post them online as I progress. (Not ready to start yet though, because I have too many other things that I have to finish first).

FYI: If you haven't got a scope yet, the Simmons 4x20 is a very good likeness. You can pick them up on eBay for around $10 (less if you're lucky).

Best wishes

Steve

Boba Freekk

Active Hunter

tteF aboB wrote:

jedi-academy.com has a turotial as does some of the do it yourself sites. Ive seen most recomend a 357 style/size BB gub as a base gun.
im going to use jedi academys tutorial for my ESB rifle.i just bought a 357 squirt gun for $1.07 to use as the base. 8)

BountyHunter185

Active Hunter
Where did you buy your squirt gun?

Also, what is everyone using for their scopes? Is the Tasco 4X15 a good alternative? Or should I look for the Simmons 4X20?

Thanks in advance. :)

Boba Freekk

Active Hunter
i picked my squirt gun at this place called odd-job in new york city.its one of those discount type stores.i dont know if the store is national though.

steveday72

Active Hunter

BountyHunter185 wrote:

Where did you buy your squirt gun?

Also, what is everyone using for their scopes? Is the Tasco 4X15 a good alternative? Or should I look for the Simmons 4X20?

Thanks in advance. :)
The Tasco 4x15 doesn't have the flare on both ends of the scope (only the eyepiece end). The Simmons has a flare on both ends and is a very close match to the original (which someone suggested might be an ASI scope - an English one that isn't made anymore).

Steve

M

msquared

hey there, kinda new here.

Im building an ESB rifle from scratch. All together it costs about $7.80, so i guess the price cant be beat. You can do it if u have a jigsaw, power sander, and a dremil tool.

If u want, ill write up the steps to do it and get some pics.

-mike

Jaster Mereel

Active Hunter
I made a Jaster Rifle that came close to looking like a Fett Rifle. I didn't use any ref pics from Fett, but for some odd reason it came out to be looking like a Fett Rifle :p Of course I added a few things here & there but still - it looks pretty good. Now it's going under heavy Mods & will be back in action ASAP -

M

msquared

yea sure. Ill take a pic of the gun too. It isnt anywhere near finished. Its pretty cool tho cuz for under 8 $ i made a really nice base for a fett gun my first try. Is there anyone I can send a pic to for it to get hosted?

Ill have the steps written up for tomorrow and ill draw up some blue prints as well.

-mike