RF to servo coupler??

Lynn TXP 0369

Well-Known Hunter
OK, I tried my servo RF mount and I'm too tight to the helmet for the servo to work, I need to bring the servo out a bit to get rid of the bind. What do you guys use to mount the servo to the RF? Who makes a servo coupler or what did you use?
rJGkTpp.jpg

l5icBPY.jpg

rXBlvh6.jpg

Lynn

Last edited:
I got the servo shaft posted, this will work. I just gotta figure out how I want to attach the RF stalk to it.
0.375" x 1.00" Servo Shafts
Very quick service and shipping.

Thanks,
Lynn

Make sure you get the extension has the same number of teeth the servo spline has, or else it isn't going to fit correctly.

How are you guys mounting your servos to the buckets?
Lynn

Most people just hot glue it in place. I started including a 3d printed servo mounting bracket with my servo kits, but it will not fit the hitec servo that you have in the picture.

Glad the extended shaft will work. In your other thread I mentioned that you might be able to get a long screw to sandwich the RF stalk through the extension and into the servo end and hold it all in place...

Make sure you get the extension has the same number of teeth the servo spline has, or else it isn't going to fit correctly.

Most people just hot glue it in place. I started including a 3d printed servo mounting bracket with my servo kits, but it will not fit the hitec servo that you have in the picture.

Thanks! I got the 24 tooth and fits fine. Great tip on the hot glue, it is an uneven surface in there and it would a bugger to use a bracket or pedestals of some kind.
Lynn

Glad the extended shaft will work. In your other thread I mentioned that you might be able to get a long screw to sandwich the RF stalk through the extension and into the servo end and hold it all in place...
Thanks! I'm going to drill a hole in the base of the RF stalk, tap the hole, and fit a small allen head grub screw so that it will tighten to the shaft and hold it.
Lynn

Servo shaft extension test fitting.

Drilled stalk and helmet with a 3/8" bit to fit shaft. drilled 17/64" hole for grub screw, taped hole with #6 tap. Worked like a charm.
7EfPVDc.jpg

X8sLCgW.jpg

5B26bD3.jpg

Test servo fit.
T4Qykgz.jpg

Nothing here is permanently done and only test fit to see how it works, but it once I get to know how the servo is set and how much to cut off the servo shaft it will be done.
Lynn

Looks good. It took a good bit of searching to find these servo shaft extensions, I'm glad it worked out for you. What you are calling a "grub screw" I refer to it as a "Allen Set Screw"
Did you just drill and tap the range finder, or did you drill into the shaft extension and thread it also?

Where did you get the Servo shaft extension? All of my local hobby stores don’t carry anything like that.

Servocity.com. That is where I get the shaft extensions I supply with my servo kit.

I could so have done with this... I'm losing the will to live from all the problems I've been having with my servo. Can't find it in the UK.

I could so have done with this... I'm losing the will to live from all the problems I've been having with my servo. Can't find it in the UK.

What problems are you having? Who is the maker of your kit?

What problems are you having? Who is the maker of your kit?

It's a Black Tusk one (Hitec HS-77B servo) and a hollow Machinecraft stalk, but it's attaching the servo to the stalk. Done various sorts of configurations trying to stick them together and nothing's worked. This might work, but I'm not sure on some of the terminology here and I can't get the shaft in the UK.

So I guess it's get a shaft, get grub screws (?), drill up rangefinder hole and shaft and insert grub screw, and hope it fits the servo?

Edit: They want 55 DOLLARS to send a 5 dollar shaft to the UK! Are they hand-delivering it? Scratch that method. I'll just stick a nut and bolt on it and have it static.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back