Re-weathered flight suit and added details

Armydad

Active Hunter
As always, looking to improve my Fett. Suggestions from my last adjustments that were made:
Correctly painted keyboard buttons on left gauntlet, red stripe on ant-security shin tool and more weathering on the flight suit. Also added machinecraft aluminum toe spikes and knee darts. I always get nervous with weathering, especially soft parts because it's harder to correct over weathering than under, but I'm quite pleased with the turn out.

As always, interested in outside eyes and opinions to improve, thanks
received_10208640773969649.jpeg

Looking great! I have the same worry weathering soft parts, but yours look fine. I think maybe a bit more brown than black (that's the adjustment I'm planning for my ROTJ Fett flightsuit), but I really like the job you've done on the mid-arm sleeve cuffs. A question about the added metal; did you need to add anything to secure the knee armor? I added a velcro patch right over the knee cap to hold the armor in place and keep it from drifting down with the added weight of the metal darts.

I do have velcro behind the knees, but that's just how I've always had them, not just for the aluminum. And I agree with more browns then blacks when weathering, the only place I really used black is around the ankles and shins. Too much black would be overpowering.

I can't remember which version of the costume you're going for. I can tell that it's the SE Fett but are you going for screen accuracy or the photo shoot accuracy? If you're using the photo shoot for reference photos then the shin tools are in the wrong pockets which is a pretty simple fix lol. I can't believe I missed it last time I looked at your suit but your sonic beam weapon is just a bit too long. The fourth bump should be removed and then the location of the bump should be within the pocket so you may need to shorten it just a tad. So far everything else looks fantastic and great job!

I can't remember which version of the costume you're going for. I can tell that it's the SE Fett but are you going for screen accuracy or the photo shoot accuracy? If you're using the photo shoot for reference photos then the shin tools are in the wrong pockets which is a pretty simple fix lol. I can't believe I missed it last time I looked at your suit but your sonic beam weapon is just a bit too long. The fourth bump should be removed and then the location of the bump should be within the pocket so you may need to shorten it just a tad. So far everything else looks fantastic and great job!

Thanks, it's really kinda a combo of photo shoot and video. To be honest I just through the shin tools in the pockets lol. And I've been meaning to shorten the sonic beam weapon for a while now, it keeps getting caught up in my knee pads lol.

Thanks, it's really kinda a combo of photo shoot and video. To be honest I just through the shin tools in the pockets lol. And I've been meaning to shorten the sonic beam weapon for a while now, it keeps getting caught up in my knee pads lol.
If you are going for 501st approval you cannot go for both photo and video. There are numerous differences between the photo (referred to as promo) shot version and the film version. I highly suggest you look over the working CRL on thebhg.net and contact Major there as he would weigh in on your approval.

Sent from my SM-G930V

If you are going for 501st approval you cannot go for both photo and video. There are numerous differences between the photo (referred to as promo) shot version and the film version. I highly suggest you look over the working CRL on thebhg.net and contact Major there as he would weigh in on your approval.

Sent from my SM-G930V

Thanks, I've been approved for a long time already now, these have just been working upgrades, I do use the photo shoot as my references, kinda got confused with the statement earlier, sorry for the added confusion. I'm just fine tuning the overall aesthetic and look of my suit to get it as good as possible. The only other approval I might submit for is Level 2, which I'm not too far from now. As for the CRL there seems to be a lot of confusion between individuals when approving an SE, 12 or 14 pouches, 1 or 3 hoses and a few other here's and there's. Honestly, I think there should be no less than 3 CRLs for the SE. ANH SE, ROTJ SE and photo shoot SE should each be separate suits. Because of that confusion there's usually a bit of leeway when getting approved.

Thanks, I've been approved for a long time already now, these have just been working upgrades, I do use the photo shoot as my references, kinda got confused with the statement earlier, sorry for the added confusion. I'm just fine tuning the overall aesthetic and look of my suit to get it as good as possible. The only other approval I might submit for is Level 2, which I'm not too far from now. As for the CRL there seems to be a lot of confusion between individuals when approving an SE, 12 or 14 pouches, 1 or 3 hoses and a few other here's and there's. Honestly, I think there should be no less than 3 CRLs for the SE. ANH SE, ROTJ SE and photo shoot SE should each be separate suits. Because of that confusion there's usually a bit of leeway when getting approved.
I hear you on that, but my gut tells me we shouldn't have an ANH SE because the idiots put the shoulders on the wrong way. If you remove that mistake its close to the same as ROTJ SE eith the exception they really used one of the exploded packs in ROTJ SE...this is an entirely different topic though.

Your best bet is to message Major on thebhg.net and begin the tier 2 cert as he is the one who approves 2/3 certs. Without detailed closeups of your items its difficult to help with some details.

Sent from my SM-G930V

I hear you on that, but my gut tells me we shouldn't have an ANH SE because the idiots put the shoulders on the wrong way. If you remove that mistake its close to the same as ROTJ SE eith the exception they really used one of the exploded packs in ROTJ SE...this is an entirely different topic though.

Your best bet is to message Major on thebhg.net and begin the tier 2 cert as he is the one who approves 2/3 certs. Without detailed closeups of your items its difficult to help with some details.

Sent from my SM-G930V

I agree with the ANH to a point, but I don't think anyone does a damaged jet pack, that would be cool to see. As for my level 2, there's a few things I'm still getting together before I'm ready to officially talk approval:
Ordered my horse hair wookie braids, just waiting to hear back from Woodman, need to get my hands on a divers belt buckle, I'm redoing my gloves in the near future, and a new jet pack beacon with light are the main things I need to get done for level 2 from what I remember off the top of my head. Well that's for level 2 ESB helmet and ROTJ neck down level 2. I haven't check for actual SE level 2.

Excellent! I like the shine on the belt, it's just right. Who did you get it from, if I may ask?

Sent from my iPhone

Sorry just noticed this post, if you're meaning my ammo belt, I made it myself. Probably the only piece left I haven't replaced with other parts from some of the many excellent vendors here. I must say, it's not the most glamorous item in the kit like the helmet or jet pack, but I am quite proud of it.

You're absolutely right, and the hip pouches hang from the ammo belt, not from behind it. Just one more nod to needing separate CRLs lol.
For SE the pouches are behind the belt due to the shear number of pouches. Its the only way you can have the pouches on the sides.

Sent from my SM-G930V

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back