Rascal's Dumb Boba Costume Question Thread! HELP!?!?!

The spikes should be detachable, although I haven't yet managed to do it since they are so tightly screwed in. The MOW boots I have don't have holes preinstalled, so that will be something I will need to do.
IMG_8323.JPG
IMG_8324.JPG
IMG_8325.JPG

I will angle the spikes like so, when I actually install them...
IMG_8326.JPG

Mine are just screwed in and I didn't pre-drill any holes in the boot soles. No adhesive either and they've been solid for years. Some E6000 probably isn't a bad idea to add behind the flat though.

Awesome. Is there a consensus on what type of screws to use?

I think I'm going to order a set from MachineCraft, ask that the spikes NOT be installed into the bracket... try to modify the bracket to fit my Mark Cheng's... and if not, then fabricate my own bracket and screw it in. Thanks guys!

I read somewhere here they were rivets or tacks not screws. I believe there's photos that show a flat head with no screw markings.

Is that a rivet? What's the measurement? I chose 3/8 inch which looks shorter in length so I wouldn't risk putting the metal screw completely through the sole and out the other side.

My toe spikes arn't metal...just painted and weathered to look like it. I installed them with 3/8" round head screws and contact cement along the sole.
I filled and painted the screwdriver slits so that they look solid.... more like whatever was used in ESB. Just clean the slits out if you need to remove the screws.
DSC_7515.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back