RafalFett's Boba Fett 3D Projects

Greetings all.

I'm like day four into this 3d print of Rafa's helmet.

I added some fill to the very bottom of the helmet for support.... can't print in the air yet. :)

What I've noticed is that the dome is full of support/fill. Anyone have the same issue?

Last observation, the stl files seems to have definitive vertical lines around the circumference of the helmet. Sort of like an octagon if you will...

Any one else have some of these observations. I'll run down and grab a snap of the current process.
20200612_150610.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't printed the helmet, but It looks to me like your printer settings are set to do 100% infill.
As for the vertical lines I can't help you there. I didn't see that when I printed the jet pack. Not likely Raff's' model. His stuff if spot on.

Hi guys,

I've asked a buddy with a 25 x 25 inch 3D printer to print the Jet pack for me but he seems to have problems slicing it correctly. Also he chose infill and I would think that's wrong, too. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

3dprint_jetpack1.png

3dprint_jetpack2.png

3dprint_jetpack3.png

3dprint_jetpack4.png

Cheers

I used Slicer when I printed my jet pack. It did a good job with no artifacts. I also used 20% infill. It adds strength to the print. Highly recommended.

Other than the one artifact behind the hole for the beacon it looks really good!

FYI sometimes changing how the part is positioned on the bed will cause the slicer to process it differently and cause or eliminate artifacts. It can be as simple as rotating it 90 degrees.

I used Slicer when I printed my jet pack. It did a good job with no artifacts. I also used 20% infill. It adds strength to the print. Highly recommended.

Other than the one artifact behind the hole for the beacon it looks really good!

FYI sometimes changing how the part is positioned on the bed will cause the slicer to process it differently and cause or eliminate artifacts. It can be as simple as rotating it 90 degrees.

Thanks, good tipp using Slic3r. Tried it and works pretty intuitively. I'll post my results soon :)

Strider Jup... that looks awesome. Also a good idea using a guitar stand to display it.
A Jetpack is among the coolest things to put in your livingroom besides mandalorian helmets and guitars :D

Hello everyone. I'm a member of the 501st since 2001. I used to troop as a Sandtrooper. I recently decided to start building an R2 unit. Always wanted to make my Boba Fett for display in our Star Wars basement but never got to it. After finding this thread I decided to jump on it. I wanted a 3D printer anyway, I was looking at a Creality Ender 5 Plus, what are your thoughts? I was also researching printers that can do both filament and resin. I have ZERO 3D printing knowledge but I have made props before, (E-11 blasters casted in urethane resin).

RafalFett, thank you for your dedication and care for this community. I'm both amazed and grateful for your great work. Finding your thread made me finally want to do this.

And I'm not fat by the way lol.

Thanks for the kind words! I can't help you with the 3D printers, but look for the last pages of this thread to see what kind of printers others used for the models. Except the gauntlets, I covered all the hard parts (I think).

Thanks for the kind words! I can't help you with the 3D printers, but look for the last pages of this thread to see what kind of printers others used for the models. Except the gauntlets, I covered all the hard parts (I think).
No problem RafalFett I am going to keep an eye on the thread. I might have a connection with a company called Creality #D so I am looking at those.

Hi guys,

I've asked a buddy with a 25 x 25 inch 3D printer to print the Jet pack for me but he seems to have problems slicing it correctly. Also he chose infill and I would think that's wrong, too. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

View attachment 198558

View attachment 198559

View attachment 198560

View attachment 198561

Cheers
Hey Strider, your build is absolutely amazing. The quality of the print of your Jetpack too, do you know what brand and model 3D printer is that your friend has? I am doing research and want to buy one.

Greetings all.

I'm like day four into this 3d print of Rafa's helmet.

I added some fill to the very bottom of the helmet for support.... can't print in the air yet. :)

What I've noticed is that the dome is full of support/fill. Anyone have the same issue?

Last observation, the stl files seems to have definitive vertical lines around the circumference of the helmet. Sort of like an octagon if you will...

Any one else have some of these observations. I'll run down and grab a snap of the current process.View attachment 191803
Jimbo what's your experience with that Creality? What model is it? I might be getting one of those, I have a contact in that company but I'm still doing research.

Greetings from Oregon,
I have a Creality CR10 V2
Its the only model I've owned.
It's taken me a while to get used to 3d printing... Now that I have it sorted out and the printer dialed in, I'm very happy with the purchase. I would recommend this model to friends.
Its great because you can do most helmets in one piece. I have a tie fighter helmet printing right now and its pretty big.
PS I did buy a bed leveler however I haven't installed it yet.

Hello everyone. I'm a member of the 501st since 2001. I used to troop as a Sandtrooper. I recently decided to start building an R2 unit. Always wanted to make my Boba Fett for display in our Star Wars basement but never got to it. After finding this thread I decided to jump on it. I wanted a 3D printer anyway, I was looking at a Creality Ender 5 Plus, what are your thoughts? I was also researching printers that can do both filament and resin. I have ZERO 3D printing knowledge but I have made props before, (E-11 blasters casted in urethane resin).

RafalFett, thank you for your dedication and care for this community. I'm both amazed and grateful for your great work. Finding your thread made me finally want to do this.

And I'm not fat by the way lol.

If you are looking to 3d print large things I would recommend the CR10 S5. I'm currently 3d printing an R2 unit and you can print the dome in one piece. If you haven't already, you should join the MrBaddeley printed droid Facebook group. The S5 is large enough to print full helmets and armor items in one piece also.

This thread is more than 7 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back