RafalFett's Boba Fett 3D Projects

Hey guys !

A friend of mine (Lune Garcia on Facebook) recreated entirely the RafalFett helmet (just the big parts) because it was low poly.

Thanks RafalFett for your awesome files and thank you Lune for your awesome remix !

Boba Fett Dented helmet remix from RafallFett helmet by AeroDyz

Have a good day !

Great idea to smooth out the helmet. It does help with post prep.
Only concern i want people to know is that the ear sections are not joined to the helmet itself whilst printing.
Some printers arent as dialled in as others and it may not be an issue. Have a look in your slicers. There is also a hole right in the middle of the dent and detail lost at the bottom behind the ear in the smoothing process.
No hate, just a heads up to let others know. :)

Ok I feel like a moron. how is everyone separating the parts i'm trying to do the esb ee3. any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Ok I feel like a moron. how is everyone separating the parts i'm trying to do the esb ee3. any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I have done this for people who don't know meshmixer.
This is the ROTJ EE-3.
l'll be doing the ESB EE-3 soon.

Here are the ESB EE-3 parts and greeblies separated from the sprue

Hi Raf,
I haven't been posting on her so much lately... I finished up my FPH2 in 2014 (using your fantastic templates and Superjedis fantastic techniques) and just pop back every now and then, but have only just realized about this thread and the files.

I have to say first, WOW.

And I have to say second, thank you, thank you, thank you, so, so many free files.

They are absolutely amazing. I bought a printer last year and with all these files I am going to have a lot of fun.... Oh yes.

People as yourself make the world a bearable place for sure. Bravo and thanks again :)

Hey there! Thanks for the kind words! While I'm not as active myself as I was in the past, it is great to see older members return to old habits. Feel free to ask any questions if you encounter problems with the models.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
Im just finishing off an ESB jetpack with RafalFetts awesome files and really hoping someone has a thruster 3d file to suit MACHINECRAFTS aluminum thruster greeblies? Hopefully also a file that the thruster recess's for the greeblies have a base to glue the greeblies too and not just a hole all the way through (if that makes sense).

Thanks in advance for anyones help
Josh

First I would like to say great work on everything you've done RafalFett. All of your designs look great. I would love to print everything you've created. However, my printer print bed is not large enough to print the helmet. Do you have a link to the helmet files split up for printers that can print 200mm x 200mm, or can you point me to some software that would easily separate the helmet file into individual pieces?

I'm able to bring the skp file into Fusion 360 and each peice is separated, so I'm sure I can export each as an stl. Sadly though, my skills with that software are extremely limited as I have just started learning it. The helmet is a whole nother situation. I know that I can slice models into pieces in Fusion 360 but I'm still trying to learn how to do it.

If you have any information that would help out, it would be greatly appreciated.

Keep up the great work,

Thanks,

XiliX

If you are using Windows 8.1 or 10, you can split the STL files with the Windows 3D Builder.

Thanks, I'll look into that. Well just tried it. It was very easy. I'll see how well it translates into Cura when I get home.

Thanks again for the help,

XiliX

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words, XiliX. I don't have files of the sliced helmet, but as BonzaiFett said it's easy to do that in some of the free 3D programs (I provided the lemons, you'll have to make the lemonade).

Thanks for the kind words, XiliX. I don't have files of the sliced helmet, but as BonzaiFett said it's easy to do that in some of the free 3D programs (I provided the lemons, you'll have to make the lemonade).

Some great lemons those are. All your hard work is greatly appreciated. I may have missed them, but did you create 3d files for the gauntlets? By the way, almost finished printing my main helmet parts and they look great.

Thanks again,

XiliX

Hello everyone. I am interested in the 3D printed ROTJ EE3.
Anyone know where I can get the files and some pictures of the correct paint?

Is this model valid?

Thank you all.

The model of the MPP flash tube (used for the ESB EE-3 blaster) was updated on Shapeways and now contains all the etched letters, but I also reduced the 2nd hole on the side with 5 holes:
ESB EE-3 MPP Tube 08.jpgESB EE-3 MPP Tube 09.jpgESB EE-3 MPP Tube 10.jpgESB EE-3 MPP Tube 11.jpg

I used this image (compiled from Fettastic's photos) to do the changes:
MPP Tube.png

It looks to me like the B port hole should be larger. Also, the very top hole on the "bottom side" witch you have labeled as five holes, is not actually a hole but an indentation.

How is the range-finder stalk attached? Is there a bolt? What keeps the rangefinder stalk from falling into the forward position? How do we paint the rangefinder ear assembly in a way that doesn't rub against the stalk as is is moved down? washers to add space? Thanks! These models have been awesome.

The rangefinder stalk was hold in place by a screw inserted from the inside of the helmet while the right upper ear cap replaces the nut (it has a threaded hole on the inside):
PP 2 Helmet 07.jpg Boba-Fett-Third-Prototype-Helmet-006.jpg

All the original stalks had the wear and tear made by the repeated movement against the right upper ear:
RF Stalk Unweathered.jpg

Thanks again Rafal for all your hard work. I've looked through this thread but can't find the gauntlet parts for Empire Strikes back Boba. I appreciate the tip on the gaunlets on thingiverse. They printed great. I'm particularly looking for the flame thrower parts on the outside of the gauntlet.

Thanks again for all the help,

Xilix

This thread is more than 7 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back