RafalFett's Boba Fett 3D Projects

Hey ! Thanks a lot RafalFett for your awesome job !

After my full 3D printed C-3PO costume, I've wanted to start a new challenge : ROTJ Boba Fett full 3D printed (except the clothes of course lol).

Your files are really impressive !

Are you planning to make the armor parts dented ?

I've tried to do it with meshmixer, but I'm not a 3d modeller and I don't have your skills lol

I can't post any photo (I need to make 3 posts before), but I don't think it's really accurate ... I tried to work with reference pics but I'm not really happy with my job ...

I'm currently printing the helmet, I can't wait to work on it !

Thanks again for your job !
FqoyiwI

Thanks a lot for the kind words, sir!
I'm not sure if I will ever dent the armor, but you could try to add them with heat after you 3D print the armor (the originals were done that way). You can start a new thread with your build and post lots of images of your progress, so that anyone can give you constructive criticism or guidance.

Any chance of getting just the newly discovered piece from shapeways? I would like to print or have one printed, but I don't need the other pieces, just the new one.

These files are great.
I have printed the knee, all vest armour bits and back plate and they are so close to my Bobamaker ones.

Just a question, i have to run the files through Netfabb so they aren't "see through" in S3d.
But i seem to be getting an error when attempting the Helmet Ears and Rangefinder stalk file. Does anyone have a repaired version of it they could email me because the individual parts aren't free to download. PM please

Oh and RAFALFETT.....any chance you're going to do the gauntlets?

Thanks

If you have Sketchup, try to download from the 3DWarehouse link, then convert it in one of the formats supported by your printer.

Last edited:
Hey RafalFett would you be able to explain the construction of the Rocket? The file has about a foot of extra material at the bottom below the corkscrew. Is there a purpose for this? I can't figure out how it incorporates into the rest of the pack.

Here are some ear pieces i printed in resin. My plan is to do all the small greeblies in resin and armour etc in pla.
First photo shows how similar they are compared to my Bobamaker ones.
31198565217_da93e82464_z.jpg
Holiday special by kurk_w, on Flickr
46087651932_b1779f5c87_z.jpg
32266606768_47b5005cce_z.jpg
45413865474_5fd81a54ee_z.jpg

The jetpack posted on Shapeways is the full model and is downloadable, but you'll have to find a printer with a big enough bed to 3D print it. You can also order it through them, but the price won't please you.

Do you mean this one or am I missing something? It's still not quite a full model, something like the Boba Fett ESB Jetpack 1/4th Scale would be ideal with just the top rocket as the separate piece but there doesn't seem to be a download link for it.

Ow, you meant the whole jetpack. All the files are there, you'll have to do that yourself; custom requests are not downloadable, which means if I do that for you (and others) will be only available as order through Shapeways.

This thread is more than 8 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back