RafalFett's Boba Fett 3D Projects

Hi!

Today I download the rangefinder files for Sketchup 2018. After printing them, the perplex block doesn't fit on the rangefinder casing.
HwY93ev.png

That measure is correct. I obviously can't slide tha block from the left to the right because it's smaller at the beginning, but if I try to press force it from the top, the perpex block is bigger in that part (34mm). Had to do a lot of force to fit it, is this notmal? Because that way there would be no method to install the light bulbs on the perplex and then slide it in.

Last edited:
This is a godsend! I'm just confused what the difference between the two links are - one costs and one doesn't. Is the free link to download the files and print yourself, and the other paid link to purchase it printed and made? Thanks for the clarification!

This is a godsend! I'm just confused what the difference between the two links are - one costs and one doesn't. Is the free link to download the files and print yourself, and the other paid link to purchase it printed and made? Thanks for the clarification!

The 3D Warehouse models are all free to download, and the same goes for most of the models on Shapeways, where you'll need to create a free account to be able to download. Some models are not downloadable, and these are some of the custom requests and models that have lots of components (they are downloadable as a bulk/full model, but not as separate parts).

Hi!

Today I download the rangefinder files for Sketchup 2018. After printing them, the perplex block doesn't fit on the rangefinder casing.
View attachment 169079
That measure is correct. I obviously can't slide tha block from the left to the right because it's smaller at the beginning, but if I try to press force it from the top, the perpex block is bigger in that part (34mm). Had to do a lot of force to fit it, is this notmal? Because that way there would be no method to install the light bulbs on the perplex and then slide it in.

Just checked the models and you are correct regarding the Perspex block not fitting the RF casing. I will fix the model and upload it to both sites. Also, I recommend to download the models from Shapeways for 3D printing.

I managed to update the clear parts to 3D Warehouse, but Shapeways won't let me update the models until January 2019, when a new pricing structure will be implemented.

That fixed all the gaps but it's very low poly unfortunately. I'll wait on the helmet. I'm having trouble with Anti_Security_Blade_ESB, one of the backs is coming up as invisible and I'm unable to repair it through Netfabb.

Just imported that model to Sketchup and except 2 minor errors I don't see that invisible back you are talking about. The helmet model is low polly because at that time I had trouble making it smoother and I was happy that I managed to do it at all.

That fixed all the gaps but it's very low poly unfortunately. I'll wait on the helmet. I'm having trouble with Anti_Security_Blade_ESB, one of the backs is coming up as invisible and I'm unable to repair it through Netfabb.

Yes, its low poly, but as many of us have printed Levi's helmet and done the work to smooth it out, its awesome that he's taken the time to do this for everyone. Yes, its a ton of work to get those flat spots smoothed out, but its worth it. Plus, you'll find that there are only one or two models out there that are accurate and FREE. Believe me I've scoured every inch of the web to find a smoother, just as accurate model, and the free ones are not even close. Some bondo putty, resin, and some sanding and you're good. If you want one that's perfect and ready to go, by a cast one from one of the makers in the cargo hold.

IMG_0387.JPG

Last edited:
That came up really nice, RedBeard! Thanks for the pic. I'll smooth it out using a few programs as well and see if that helps.

And RafalFett, I meant no offense. What you have here is very impressive and certainly more than I could do, I wouldn't even know where to start when it comes to modelling. And I'm very grateful that these are available to the public, don't get me wrong. Here is the invisible side issue:

Untitled.png

Thought I would share some pics from my 3d Printed jet pack since I have now completed it. Everything has been 3d printed using ABS. I shaved, sanded everything. Used bondo putty, filler primer and airbrushed using humbrol paints. As far as glueing all the pcs together I used acetone and an acetone slurry (acetone mixed with the ABS shavings) to fill in any of the holes/seams. I think everything came out really well.

Thanks RafalFett for your attention to detail and hard work producing these files.

20180220_162431.jpg

20180220_191827.jpg

20180324_120129.jpg

20180602_101300.jpg

20180604_220738.jpg

20180610_202745.jpg

20180619_212623.jpg

20180930_133039.jpg

20181001_212958.jpg

20181020_221511.jpg

20181023_092939.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back