RafalFett's Boba Fett 3D Projects

Thank you for both of your answers!

Netfabb is a mesh repair software isn't it? At least the .skp model that I converted to .stl is a closed mesh. What kind of errors do you mean?

I'm not very fluent in 3d model terms, if I bring a file that hasn't been fixed by netfabb into my printing software or meshmixer it says the file has errors.

Somewhere in November of 2013 I had a crazy idea: to do a jetpack template using all the available images. So, I managed to do most of the basic drawings and was satisfied by the results:

Then came the winter holidays vacation and somehow my hunger for working on things related to Boba Fett vanished... My only explanation for this is that I have reached the saturation level, which happens when you do a thing for a long time, or eat the same food each day (the same thing happened in the first half of 2013 before I managed to finish the RWH v2 templates and build).

In early May I got the bug back while I saw some 3D models and I said to myself that I have to try to do the jetpack in 3D. But without proper introduction or knowledge for such programs, I failed big time, so I dropped this approach. After 2-3 weeks I saw an online tutorial and a new world opened before me: the world of 3D. Armed with SketchUp Pro, I started experimenting on shapes and forms following the step-by-step online tutorials and parts of the jetpack were created using my 2D drawings as a guide:

View attachment 44717

(Notice the segmented circles on the jetpack rocket and its base. I did them with the default 24 segments, while the jetpack trusters were made with 96 segments, so I'll need to redo the jetpack and the rocket).

=================================
Update - 30.11.2014
Managed to redo and finish the jetpack with all the greeblies (I used mainly the ESB era jetpacks as a guide), but sadly the main body will not be 3D printable as I didn't added wall thickness to the model (see the update from 30.06.2015 that corrects this statement); all the other parts will be posted as 3D printable models until the end of this year. While this is far from being perfect, it is still a beautiful piece and I love it... a lot! On to the images:

View attachment 47587

Link to more images ==> Jetpack And Its Parts

3D Models:
Shapeways ==> Jetpack Body & Back Door; Jetpack Tank Caps; Jetpack Rocket Base with Collar; Jetpack Rocket; Jetpack Rocket Hollow; Jetpack Hooks; Jetpack Vent And Door Clamps; Jetpack Greeblies
3D Warehouse ==> Jetpack Body & Back Door; Jetpack Tank Caps; Jetpack Rocket Base with Collar; Jetpack Rocket; Jetpack Hooks; Jetpack Vent And Door Clamps; Jetpack Greeblies

Update - 14.12.2014
The link to more images was updated with images of all the jetpack parts and the jetpack body. I also added all the links to the 3D models. Because I can't upload the jetpack body to Shapeways (the body is not 3D printable - sorry), I will add the model archived in a ZIP file:

>>removed<<

Update - 30.06.2015
The attachment of the jetpack body archived in a ZIP file was removed as I managed to do a printable 3D model of the jetpack.

View attachment 44578 View attachment 44979

Link to more images ==> Jetpack Thrusters; Jetpack Thruster Nozzle

3D Models:
Shapeways ==> Jetpack Thrusters; Jetpack Thruster Nozzle
3D Warehouse ==> Jetpack Thrusters; Jetpack Thruster Nozzle

This hunger lead to other Boba Fett parts too, at first pieces for the jetpack, like the beacon and the knob

View attachment 44579

Link to more images ==> Jetpack Beacons

3D Models:
Shapeways ==> ESB & ROTJ Jetpack Beacon; Pre-Pro & Promo Jetpack Beacon
3D Warehouse ==> ESB & ROTJ Jetpack Beacon; Pre-Pro & Promo Jetpack Beacon

View attachment 44580

Link to more images ==> Jetpack Adjustment Knob

3D Models:
Shapeways ==> Jetpack Adjustment Knob
3D Warehouse ==> Jetpack Adjustment Knob

...then the gauntlet darts and the Eveready Minilight (complete with batteries and light bulb)

View attachment 44581

Link to more images ==> Gauntlet Darts

3D Models:
Shapeways ==> Gauntlet Darts
3D Warehouse ==> Gauntlet Darts

View attachment 44588

Link to more images ==> Eveready Minilight

3D Models:
Shapeways ==> Eveready Minilight, Eveready Minilight Button
3D Warehouse ==> Eveready Minilight

... the boot spikes and the knee darts

View attachment 44582

Link to more images ==> Boot Plate With Spikes

3D Models:
Shapeways ==> ESB Era Boot Plate With Spikes; ROTJ Era Boot Plate With Spikes
3D Warehouse ==> ESB Era Boot Plate With Spikes; ROTJ Era Boot Plate With Spikes

View attachment 44583

Link to more images ==> Knee Darts

3D Models:
Shapeways ==> ESB Era Knee Darts; ROTJ Era Knee Darts
3D Warehouse ==> ESB Era Knee Darts; ROTJ Era Knee Darts

... the shin tools

View attachment 44584

Link to more images ==> Shin Tools

3D Models:
Shapeways ==> Sonic Beam Weapon; Survival Knife; Anti-Security Blade (ST, PP1 & ROTJ); Anti-Security Blade (PP1, PP2, PP3, P1, P2 & ESB); Jetpack Adjustment Tool (2 different ends)
3D Warehouse ==> Sonic Beam Weapon; Survival Knife; Anti-Security Blade (ST, PP1 & ROTJ); Anti-Security Blade (PP1, PP2, PP3, P1, P2 & ESB); Jetpack Adjustment Tool (2 different ends)

... and finally the helmet ears with rangefinder and the greeblies:

View attachment 44585

Link to more images ==> Helmet Ears With Rangefinder Stalk

3D Models:
Shapeways ==> Helmet Ears With Rangefinder Stalk
3D Warehouse ==> Helmet Ears With Rangefinder Stalk

View attachment 44586

Link to more images ==> Rangefinder Casing And Parts

3D Models:
Shapeways ==> Rangefinder Casings; Rangefinder Clear Parts
3D Warehouse ==> Rangefinder Casings; Rangefinder Clear Parts; Rangefinder Complete Casings

View attachment 47798

Link to more images ==> Helmet Greeblies And Electronics

3D Models:
Shapeways ==> Casio MQ-1 Circuit Board; Honeywell Micro Switch; Borden Connector; Dental Files; Helmet Electronics
3D Warehouse ==> Helmet Greeblies And Electronics

Update - 20.12.2014
Updated the helmet greeblies and electronics links with the helmet inner electronics.

I'll add links with more images in the next few days. I'm also willing to share the 3D files, just want to know to which types I should export them.

Update - 23.07.2014
Added links with lots of images.

Update - 26.07.2014
Here is the gauntlet rocket:

View attachment 44718

Link to more images ==> Gauntlet Rocket

3D Models:
Shapeways ==> Gauntlet Rocket
3D Warehouse ==> Gauntlet Rocket

Update - 29.07.2014
Finished the shoulder and cod stud with plates:

View attachment 44888

Link to more images ==> Shoulder And Cod Studs With Plates

3D Models:
Shapeways ==> Shoulder Studs With Plate; Cod Studs With Plate
3D Warehouse ==> Shoulder Studs With Plate; Cod Studs With Plate

And my Panorama hand telescope, which 99% close to the one used for the Supertrooper/Pre-Pro/Promo sling gun:

View attachment 44889

Link to more images ==> Panorama Hand Telescope

3D Models:
Shapeways ==> Panorama Hand Telescope
3D Warehouse ==> Panorama Hand Telescope

Update - 30.07.2014
I added links to Shapeways for each model.

It seems that in the conversion process, the model got some extra walls (one is on the inner part of the Eveready Minilight, and the other is on the sonic beam weapon). I'll post the models on the Sketchup 3D Warehouse too, but that will be in this weekend.

Update - 01.08.2014
I managed to open the STL files in SolidWorks and all the models are fine. The errors/walls that appear on Shapeways are created by their 3D engine. What a relief!

Update - 12.10.2014
Here are all the parts used on the Supertrooper automatic blaster, more exactly the aluminum plate and its components:

View attachment 46769

Link to more images ==> Supertrooper automatic blaster aluminum plate and parts

3D Models:
Shapeways ==> Supertrooper automatic blaster aluminum plate and part, Glenross dental expansion screw
3D Warehouse ==> Supertrooper automatic blaster aluminum plate and part

Update - 21.12.2014
Here is my interpretation of the ESB EE-3 Blaster Center Greeble:

View attachment 47801

Link to more images ==> ESB EE-3 Blaster Center Greeble

3D Models:
Shapeways ==> ESB EE-3 Blaster Center Greeble
3D Warehouse ==> ESB EE-3 Blaster Center Greeble

And an interesting fact regarding this greeble:

View attachment 47802

It seems that this part was originally glued to the stock rotated to right with 90 degree, but in the other scenes changed its orientation with 90 degree to the left. The logical reason for this is that these pieces glued to the blaster fall off often and were re-glued in a hurry.

Update - 25.01.2015
Finally I managed to finish all the Boba Fett helmets: the Supertrooper (clean/dentless), the Pre-Pro #1 (with the gash) and the other versions (with the dent).

View attachment 48364

Link to more images ==> Supertrooper Helmet (dentless); Pre-Pro #1 Helmet (gash); Boba Fett Helmet (dented)

3D Models:
Shapeways ==> Supertrooper Helmet (dentless); Pre-Pro #1 Helmet (gash); Boba Fett Helmet (dented)
3D Warehouse ==> Supertrooper Helmet (dentless); Pre-Pro #1 Helmet (gash); Boba Fett Helmet (dented)

Update - 31.01.2015
Here is my take on the functional Pre-Pro #1 collar buckle/clip.

Update - 15.03.2015
The old file was updated with a more accurate model based on the one discovered by Seeker and posted by Art here ==> Boba Fett 1st Prototype Cape Clip - IDENTIFIED AND IN HAND!:

View attachment 49407

Link to more images ==> Pre-Pro #1 Collar Buckle With Clip

3D Models:
Shapeways ==> Pre-Pro #1 Collar Buckle Body & Clip; PP1 Collar Buckle Restraint Button & Bolts
3D Warehouse ==> Pre-Pro #1 Collar Buckle With Clip

Update - 14.06.2015
Because of the 24 attachments/post restriction I will add my 3D models to post #10, in this case the jetpack frame with rings (quick jump here ==> Post #10).
Also most of the models are now for sale, so now you can order your favorite model through my Shapeways Shop or download it for free and use it with your 3D printer.

Have fun!

Thanks for the great work RafalFett! I've been working on a Shore trooper print, but may have to switch gears now. What height and size are your models scaled for.

Go to Shapeways' site using the jetpack link and somewhere under the About this product text you'll find a button that says Download product to get the file for free. I would recommend to always use the Shapeways files to print, because most of the SketchUp files are just 3D models not compatible to print (so far).
How come some of the files have a download available and others do not?

How come some of the files have a download available and others do not?

I didn't forget. All my generic models are downloadable, but some individual parts are not. As an example, the 1 piece ESB sidearm model is downloadable, but its individual parts (like the barrel or the grip) are not. Also keep in mind (and this is valid for everyone) that these models are for personal use. Please don't use them for any other purpose without permission.

I had to join to thank you for offering these files! I'm about 90% done printing the Jetpack, it looks awesome. Please do the gauntlets if you ever have the chance.

Thanks again!

Ron

This thread is more than 7 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back