Question.

My (expensive) experience from eBay is that anyone advertising their items as 501st approved aren't. Guys who make great stuff don't advertise that way. Christian on Man of War Studios, for example, sells stuff on eBay and nowhere do his ads say "501st Approved" or "501st Approvable." Etsy might be a little different. I have seen some good looking kit on Etsy, but I wouldn't buy from anyone not on this site unless there was a recommendation from someone on this site.

The vendors who advertise in Cargo Hold here sell top quality stuff. It will take a while to get everything together. Take the time to research before you buy a thing. I bought some stuff that looked right to me... it turns out, I didn't have a detailed enough eye to be buying anything. People were here giving advice to do this and I didn't listen, or at least I thought I knew enough. But I didn't.

I thought I was going to save time buying something already painted. It turns out that what I didn't have to throw away, I had to strip the paint off and start over. Which is extra time and my starting point was not as good as if I had bought an unfinished product.

If you have a question here, just ask. Unfortunately, the rule is that you cannot post links to eBay purchases. The reason for this is that we don't want members sniping things from each other on eBay or driving the price up. At least I think that's the reason. It is just the rule. Etsy is fair game as is asking for the reputation of a seller on eBay without posting a link to a specific item. The guys on here have incredible eyes for detail. They can tell you if something doesn't look right.

I want to have a full boba fett ESB costume 501'st approved by December this year. I have only the helmet for the moment, but next week I will order my flight suit.

Sent from my Nexus 6

This is just me, but I have had people ask if my stuff is "501st approved" and my answer is that I can not say that. Being approved by the 501st is dependant on many factors, including (for soft parts anyway) fit and weathering. Then, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but different garrisons have different people who do the approving and they may focus in on different details. All I can say is that I do my best to provide soft parts that are in keeping with the CRLs. And I have always been open to suggestions, if I have a detail wrong, I love to hear that so I can fix it.

Well money is also a big factor on time line. This costume cost thousands to assemble. I did my best to make as much as I could myself to avoid high expense but ended up paying more. I chose to make every part of my armor, gauntlets and knee plates out of aluminum hand forged. I had to rebuild the armor several time over because it was just not perfect I finally have somthing I like.

IMG_0381.JPG

IMG_1610.JPG

IMG_0333.JPG

On the 501st question...........there is no such thing as a 501st approved kit for sale. If I sold you my Jango Fett which is approved it doesn't mean that it would be approved for you. The kit has to match the person, period. There is a lot that goes into the approval and it isn't just buying a part. So when you are shopping for parts you need to make sure they are good quality and that they fit you.

On the 501st question...........there is no such thing as a 501st approved kit for sale. If I sold you my Jango Fett which is approved it doesn't mean that it would be approved for you. The kit has to match the person, period. There is a lot that goes into the approval and it isn't just buying a part. So when you are shopping for parts you need to make sure they are good quality and that they fit you.
The fit is for everything as well. Jetpack, tools, armor, flightsuit, helmet. Everything must be fit to YOU personally. Mullreel makes a very good point of this. He would be correct in saying there is No such thing as selling a 501st approved suit.

Well money is also a big factor on time line. This costume cost thousands to assemble. I did my best to make as much as I could myself to avoid high expense but ended up paying more. I chose to make every part of my armor, gauntlets and knee plates out of aluminum hand forged. I had to rebuild the armor several time over because it was just not perfect I finally have somthing I like.
Yeah, i know that the costume is a lot of money. That's a nice costume by the way. I can't afford to buy all the components once, I have to buy it parts by parts. I have only the helmet for now. Your costume is 501'st approved? Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 6

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back