PRYMER13's PVC EE-3

Ok kids, the temperature in Virginia Beach is a balmy 93 with the heat index @ 102...and its after midnight!!!

The days have been in the 112-115 range with 60-70% humidity...so little work as far as the stock greeblies has been done.
Everything else is done and read though, barrell installed, weathered and I am quite pleased.

step20.JPG

step21.JPG

Thanks so much everyone! psberetta and Cruzer, your input means alot guys.

I have almost completed the scratch-built stock greeblies. All that is left is the square box...

plug.JPG

more slow progress...and a working camera finally!
I have two square blocks made, just put bondo on the corners (after this pic was taken.)

I'll have all greeblies painted black tomorrow night, and hope to have a silver "scrape/wash" coat by the weekend then this thread can finally be put to rest.

Thank you all so much for your compliments, support and help.
Thank you Alan for your countless hours on templates to help us Fetts that live on a budget.

*I'll be cleaning up those edge seams and recovering the split plugs as well* ;)

step23.JPG

You have one very nice blaster there. I love the stock, the wood grain looks great!! I guess I'll have to find a nice block of hardwood after seeing your and a few others pine simply won't do, nope won't do at all!

Always glad to be of assistance.

How did the spilt plug templates work out for you? What type of material did you end up using? So far I have only made a mocup out of cardstock. Your's came out looking excellent.

Alan

Thanks Alan, your compliments mean alot. I made it out of 3mm sintra. It's a little on the thick side, in hind-sight 2mm sintra or 1/16" styrene might have been better. Maybe next time ;)

That mahogany stock was the one component on this thing that really got me moving on this.

Final update! All is done!

Keep in mind that I still need a strap, but that is not a major need. This baby is going on a new display holder in the next couple of weeks.

Base gun is weathered, stock greeblies are weathered, stock is stained.
I may add some black mist to the stock, but as far as I am concerned I am FINISHED.

Thanks all for the encouragement and input!

step24.JPG

step25.JPG

step26.JPG

Final update! All is done!

Keep in mind that I still need a strap, but that is not a major need. This baby is going on a new display holder in the next couple of weeks.

Base gun is weathered, stock greeblies are weathered, stock is stained.
I may add some black mist to the stock, but as far as I am concerned I am FINISHED.

Thanks all for the encouragement and input!

very nice :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back