Jet Pack Pre-orders opened up for Anovos jetpacks

Strange, it has just got chilly.

It came with a tracking number, but it only gets me an error message. I'll try it again in a couple of days. After all, what's half a decade among friends...

I ordered one last Thursday and it arrived on Saturday.

The kit is very thick fiberglass and definitely seems like it will take a beating. With that being said, most of the construction appears to be very cheaply done and things don't really fit together very well. Maybe my expectations were just too high, but I don't think this is worth the $600 price tag. Although, we would probably have had to buy one anyway just to make sure some of our parts fit. There are also some questionable choices like the thruster side greeblies they used either being incredibly inaccurate or the wrong version (looks like the replacement for the SE one that fell out). The beacon SHOULD have looked similar to the one we provided Anovos according to the product images, but the cast one received doesn't have the top nipple which is a little strange.

All-in-all, it is a jetpack kit that exists that you can buy, but I expect someone will probably recast the body and do some improvements on some of the shortcomings.

Exhaust Vent we have been working on for a while fits perfect, though!

IMG_7843.jpg

Some more observations and photos. Specifically about the parts I am most familiar with.

Beacon:

The beacon is resin, rather than metal - metal is correct. The beacon does come as a 2 piece assembly which is a nice touch. But I don't think you are going to be able to run wires through it for lights without modifications as the mounting hole only looks made to accommodate a small screw, rather than a larger hollow screw. The top is also missing the nipple feature, although there is at least one production beacon out there that is also missing this feature. The geometry of this one leads me to believe that it should be the one with the nipple on top, though.

IMG_7873.jpg IMG_7881.jpg

Stabilizer:

The stabilizer is also cast, which is not correct. It does not have any sort of mounting hole so I assume you would be expected to glue it to the top. The real Michell parts do not have threaded holes on the bottom, but they do have a hole that runs through the middle that could have been tapped by production. We do tap the bottom of ours and include vibration-dampening mounting hardware to make that a non-issue. Other notable misses are that the large chamfer on the base is absent on the DN stabilizer, and the chamfers on the top knob are also absent. The DN stabilizer is a single piece rather than being an accurate 2-piece assembly.

IMG_7874.jpg IMG_7882.jpg

Collar:

The Jetpack Collar is cast directly into the missile base rather than being a separate metal part. Unfortunately the inner diameter of our current collar is too narrow to allow the bottom of the missile assembly to pass through it. With that being said, if there is enough interest for a truly accurate collar, down to the exact number of knurls the original prop has, I might be coerced into putting one out. Let me know below. Unfortunately removing the collar to make it compatible with an accurate one would be a lot of work; The community would likely be better served by someone doing an accurate base, and I would be happy to work with whoever that is to make sure it accommodates a correct collar. Thankfully, our current collar offering is screen accurate for BoBF so it won't be a big deal having left over stock of them.

IMG_7879.jpg IMG_7880.jpg

Thruster Front Greeblies:

All of the Thruster Greeblies are cast directly into the thrusters. The Front Greeblie is visually accurate so I don't have too much bad to say about it. It does appear to be larger than it should be, however, which makes me believe that DN might have done what Anovos messaged they planned on doing with parts like this and scaled the models up before making the masters so that by the time they got to production, the parts would be closer in size to the original props. Not a huge miss, but in order to have accurate thrusters, again will probably be worth someone in the community putting out a more accurate base to easily interface with metal parts. Can't say I would recommend anyone trying to drill these out to replace them with metal ones.

IMG_7877.jpg IMG_7878.jpg

Thruster Side Greeblies:

They missed big here, IMO. Once again, cast directly into the thruster so they are not removable. The biggest issue, however is that it appears the Side Greeblie that they used is the one that shows up to replace the one that was missing in the SE photoshoots. If you look at all the early reference images and screen caps, you will see a Side Greeblie that looks more like what we offer. Our part is an exact copy of the Side Greeblie that is most commonly, if not always, seen on screen. I put one on top of the one thruster so that you can see the difference. While it would require some fabrication, I do believe you could drill out the one that that is there to replace it with a more accurate one.

IMG_7875.jpg IMG_7876.jpg

Hopefully this helps someone in some way,

Dakota

Last edited:
Just got my pack today. Havent really had a chance to unwrap all the pieces but I put the Denuonovo next to a MOW pack. The differences are hard to see from these pics because Im bad at taking photos of stuff like this but the Denuonovo is noticeably wider.
ib6sOdU - Imgur.jpg
QqOIJIT - Imgur.jpg

She is thick!

I will say it's incredibly odd that Anovos didn't scan the actual metal pieces from the jetpack and that Denuo Novo continued with what Anovos scanned and had the pieces molded in.

Last edited:
She is thick!

I will say it's incredibly odd that Anovos didn't scan the actual metal pieces from the jetpack and that Denuo Novo continued with what Anovos scanned and had the pieces molded in.

Most of the pieces, especially around the thruster assembly, are glued in place on the original packs. There was at least one loose side greeblie, but at the end of the day the original thrusters were made the way that they were so that they could use a single mold to produce both sides of the thrusters. Anovos probably just saw that as unnecessary complexity, and I doubt that Denuo has access to the archives to go back and pull things. We always knew that there was going to be a gap between what got put out and what the community's expectations are, but the reality is that we are small (but very vocal) minority. I am more surprised than anything of the construction of the pack and the unfinished fiberglass inside. I got a gnarly fiberglass splinter just pulling the accessory parts out of the body of the pack.

Oh, and no assembly instructions either? Not even on the website? Would be kind of nice to know what hardware goes where....

Oh, and no assembly instructions either? Not even on the website? Would be kind of nice to know what hardware goes where....
Dang, that's too bad!
I imagine the hardcore Fett-natics may have a little buyers remorse on the deal, yeah? So even with a Denuo Novo JP, a little work is needed to get it up to snuff. Also - and just curious, does it include the greeblies on the back side of the pack? These things...
3.jpg

(The ones shown in the above pic are from Boba Maker)

I see the back side has a spot for em'....
1692121359657.png

Last edited:
Overall, it's a lot better than I thought it would be, but I'm feeling a certain level of "that'll do" with respect to some aspects. Is that a fair view, or am I being unrealistic? I understand that this is a licenced costume company versus the expectations of dyed in the wool nutjobs, but I'm also mindful that this is a pretty niche item.

I received this pack to work on as a commission, and my first thoughts:

1) The pack is built very nicely. I had to repair the door as there were two cracks in the plastic. The accessories are nicely done as well.
2) The rocket will be interesting to put together but I do like that the fins move up and down.
3) I sanded off the side hinges, got rid out the base holes, and filled in the holes for the vent with fins. The owner will be able to do the rest of the necessary changes once metal options come out.

So I'm just now seeing this thread and I have not received any email from Denuo Novo. Did yall have to email them about your order from 2018, Or did they just hold up their end of the bargin and send you your order. If you emailed them, what information did you need to justify your order. I just emiled customerservice@denuonovo with my Anovos order number asking if I will receive a jetpack. I also still have the original email with the order conformation

So I'm just now seeing this thread and I have not received any email from Denuo Novo. Did yall have to email them about your order from 2018, Or did they just hold up their end of the bargin and send you your order. If you emailed them, what information did you need to justify your order. I just emiled customerservice@denuonovo with my Anovos order number asking if I will receive a jetpack. I also still have the original email with the order conformation

I would reach out to them with your order information.

This thread is more than 7 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back