PP1 WIP

John Spendow

New Hunter
I’ve been around the forums for a few months now buying a lot of stuff and doing a lot of research and I figured it was time I started a WIP. I decided to do a PP1 Boba Fett and this is where I’m currently at.
GMH helmet purchased from WastedFett
N3GYm9r.jpg

ESB Hero Armor from WastedFett (I may have a helmet problem in his photo)
PKSfYSA.jpg

iNl1nEp.jpg

I decided to pick the ESB chest display since I do not think there is a record of what the PrePro Bobas would have had on their display. At least I haven’t found much evidence yet.
IOA supplied me with gauntlets and metal greeblies as well as metal parts from MichineCraft Replicas
SHUmI9a.jpg

For the soft parts I had Arkady help me out with the flight suit, vest and spats. I picked up the ManOfWar balaclava and with the help of my wife’s sewing skills did my own gloves.
xDiUk0c.jpg

Bigdane helped with the jetpack harness
QYXGpTn.jpg

And then I’ve hunted down a lot of found parts and some replicas here on the DH and eBay. Lots of help from BojaGun, Hawk, DarthVoorhees and HotPockets. I did change out the divers buckle for a correct PP1 buckle from Full Metal Fett it’s just not pictured.
FdueoFH.jpg

W37mqCI.jpg

z7XrU1x.jpg

I picked up a used army tent for my cape. Possibly WW2 probably used in Korea or Vietnam the seller thought.
S9hREi3.jpg

I decided to do both the sling gun and auto blaster with my kit so I’ve picked up parts for both of these too. I’ll be adding some resin body parts soon for the Sling Gun.
vTb5aLs.jpg

MMm1wnj.jpg

I have the Anovos jet pack on preorder, my Delta13 PP1 belt is currently in the mail. I think the last major thing I need to order are the braids.

The first part I worked on where the gloves. I looked at a lot of photo references and most are of questionable quality when it comes to the colors. Most seem to have a blue tint to them so I primarily used this photo to go off of
wychRFD.jpg

They looked close to PP2 however to me they looked to be a darker brown than PP2 so I used the darker brown Rit Dye, Dents white cotton gloves and the grayish tackle twill for the pads. My wife added some batting to the pads to help with the quilted look and did the sewing.
cjFJFyW.jpg

They may be a little on the dark side but considering the photo quality I figured they were close.

I also worked on my boots from ImperialBoots working off this photo
HG2Mv3u.jpg

I need to weather my soles some more but I’m happy with the boots themselves
Kp6esrk.jpg

Next I started on the shin tools. I started with the 4th shin tool and used RafalFett’s photo as my reference
4XCLNvG.jpg

And I came up with this as my shin tool
Aj43Hoc.jpg

I used a standard pipe but added a replica Graflex 3Cell red button to the top. I did also hit the red button part with some Testors red to make it pop a little more the photo below was before I painted it with the Testors.
jU3YUnY.jpg

NmIjhPI.jpg

I’m hoping to have the rest of the tools painted and finished up by the end of the weekend. I also hope to have my 2nd girth done this weekend too. The first ended up to small so i picked up another.
I have a lot to do. Most of the summer has been shopping and research. But I’m hoping to get some feed back on the gloves and then as my kit progresses.

Loving the gloves. Im about to test the coco brown dye but in powder form just to see how it turns out then try liquid for my PP2 build. But I think yours turned out swell!

I may pm soon regarding the twill stitching. I look forward to seeing more WiP!

Thanks for all the positive comments. I appreciate the encouragement. Small update on the WIP. Finished up the rest of the shin tools. I’m working off of this image primarily for PP1 tools
AcVmbiV.jpg

I wanted to match that 4th tool with the red button so to keep it consistent I painted up the rest of the tools to match this photo. It’s hard to tell if the tools are unpainted or if they were pulled forward from the SuperTrooper costume. I believe the darker gray markings on the Patterson Squeegee for PP1 are different from SuperTrooper so I would think they were repainted for PP1 but not sure.
Here are my finished tools
PDI8iSc.jpg

And in the pockets
urfnVKb.jpg

I ended up just using Model Masters light gray on the Patterson and the Mixer so they would have a more finished look. And the light gray paint is almost the same color as the bare plastic. I used a Model Masters medium gray for the marks on the Paterson. I did leave them unweathered to match the photo reference closer. It’s hard to tell if they were weathered at all but if they did for PP1it seems very subtle.
Happy that my Delta13 belt hit New York so I’m hoping my next update will be of my finished girth and first fitting of my new belt with my soft parts.

Nice finished job on the tools! In my opinion, you should go ahead and lightly mist the stirrer and squeegee with some gray--I think it is clear there is some weathering present and it will help the overall look since everything else on the suit will be weathered.

I agree, you can tell there is a misting/ spatter on the squeegee.. And some of the edges were either actually scuffed or masked to keep the spatter/misting from hitting it for a chipping-like effect .

Nice finished job on the tools! In my opinion, you should go ahead and lightly mist the stirrer and squeegee with some gray--I think it is clear there is some weathering present and it will help the overall look since everything else on the suit will be weathered.

I agree, you can tell there is a misting/ spatter on the squeegee.. And some of the edges were either actually scuffed or masked to keep the spatter/misting from hitting it for a chipping-like effect .

Thanks for the feed back. I think you both are probably right. I’m thinking I’ll get a medium or dark gray and mist it on the squeegee and stirrer. And then distress the edge a little too after.
In the meantime I used the New Way To Dye Girth Belts post and finished up my girth. I used nylon straps like they did later for an attachment method. One thing I noticed in photos is that the girth was worn with the buckles on the left hip and under one of the belt pouches. It also looked to be permanently closed because there are photos of someone stepping into the belt and pulling it up over the armor plates. I didn’t want to have to do that every time so I did use some Velcro to secure the nylon once it’s on. Unfortunately I haven’t found any photo references of what they used on the PP1 girth belt at the buckles to close the belt. This area is always covered or out of photo.
IG0UpTM.jpg

kpO9u79.jpg

In some of the photo references you can also see the V on the left front exposing the cod plate so I tried to emulate that in the photo. I still have to work out how I’ll dye the pouches from Arkady. The pouches themselves will be easy one orange and one brown. But the loop that goes around the belt needs to be black, or in one post the opinion was very dark green. So I’m not sure how to dye just the loop part with out getting it on the pouch itself. Always something to think about.
I’m also really happy to say my Delta13 PrePro belt came in. I asked Mike to add two stitches down the center of the belt to match photo references and it turned out great. This is my second belt from Delta13 and I love them.
MyhaNsB.jpg

I’ll have to revisit the shin tools with some light weathering and I just did a big order of some Humbrol paint.....

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back