General Placement question

Chris4321

Active Hunter
Hey guys, just had a basic question about the switches. What are the recommended distance between both switches?

Attaching the picture of my gauntlets and switches itself. I don't want to re-drill any holes or anything which I also have to ask what is the recommended drill size or just keep drilling to fit? Do you guys apply any type of glue or anything to keep them steady? Thanks!

-Chris

image1.JPGimage2.JPG

Hey guys, just had a basic question about the switches. What are the recommended distance between both switches?

Attaching the picture of my gauntlets and switches itself. I don't want to re-drill any holes or anything which I also have to ask what is the recommended drill size or just keep drilling to fit? Do you guys apply any type of glue or anything to keep them steady? Thanks!

-Chris

Hi Chris! You can see the relative placement of the switches on my gauntlet in this shot:

IMG_1320.jpg

They are 16.5 mm apart, from the center of one pin to the center of the other. You can't really tell from this shot:

IMG_1340.jpg

but I had to remove quite a bit of material from the inside of the gauntlet to get the switches to fit and protrude at the right angle, and mine are set in place using some JB Weld epoxy. I don't remember the size of the drill bit I used for the hole, but you can line the bit up with the threaded part of the switch to find one that is large enough to make a hole they will fit into (just don't go too big!).

Good luck with your build!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back