Ord Mantell's PP2 Build

All the necessary materials to make a girth belt are in. This is all you need. Some 8ply & 2ply mohair, and a set of period correct vintage roller buckles:

IMG_4082.jpg

May the 4th be with you. Made the girth belt from scratch using the yarn in the post above, but changed the buckles to another set I had which were a better choice. Forgot the PP2 buckles in the Kenner photoshoot were inside out. Better to have the buckles with the prominent, wide middle bar.

Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 8.33.44 PM.png

IMG_4135.jpg

IMG_4137.jpg

The ammo belt is a dog-thrashed testbed for new paints I've been trying out. Finally found a fantastic paint. More on that later. The armor and vests are just stand-ins, too.

Last edited:
Looking awesome!

If you're planning to implement the PP2 dents, I highly recommend getting a super trooper dentless abs set. A lot less work...I had to do mine on a ESB set.
I saw how you masterfully changed your ESB dents to PP2. That was impressive. I'm working on all new armor for this and my other build. Will share more about that when I get that far.

So were the vintage cotton patches the correct route? They look great!
Thanks! Yes, indeed. Vietnam era, woodland subdued, cotton, sew-on. Problem is, it's not easy to tell cotton apart from synthetic by eye. Most of the FORSCOM patches I got won't take the regular dye, so they are synthetic. Be sure they are vintage vietnam era if possible. Otherwise it's a crapshoot.

Last edited:
these were new to me. need to get scans. we have one from the same series in the media gallery, but not these particular shots. on display at the rancho obi-wan exhibit at celebration.
IMG_4463.jpg
IMG_4462.jpg
IMG_4460.jpg

Is there a thread that details the dent differences between the PP2 and ESB? armor, shoulders, knees? I’ve looked through searches and haven’t landed on anything.

Is there a thread that details the dent differences between the PP2 and ESB? armor, shoulders, knees? I’ve looked through searches and haven’t landed on anything.

Not to my knowledge- however the PP2 is heavily photographed, probably the most heavily photographed Fett. When I made my dents, it was easy to pick them out in the photos. If I recall, I think the only piece that has the same dent as ESB is the ab plate

Not to my knowledge- however the PP2 is heavily photographed, probably the most heavily photographed Fett. When I made my dents, it was easy to pick them out in the photos. If I recall, I think the only piece that has the same dent as ESB is the ab plate
So, best approach for accuracy is to get a set of Supertrooper armor, some fire and some rocks. Sounds fun! :) Thanks!

Agreed. Right now undented is the way to do it. With the added bonus of having uber-accurate soot marks on the backside of your armor. The PP2 dents are actually not that extensive, and not too difficult. The ab plate in the Kenner photos I believe was from the PP3 armor.

This thread is more than 49 days old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back