Ord Mantell's ESB build

IMG_7247bespin2.jpg

I really hope my Fett turns out looking anywhere near this good. Can't get enough of this thread. I've learned a ton. Thanks for putting in the time to share this build with us Ord. The media archives taught me a lot. This build has taught me even more. So awesome man
Thank you Hawk. That's nice to hear. I definitely think those who share their builds as they go along learn more and make better builds than they could working in a vacuum. I've learned tons more than I did on my initial RotJ build which I never made a build thread for.

1666909995029.png

Still a ways to go, but I think I should be done with this build* in the next few months if all goes well. I have a short list of little projects to increase the accuracy a bit more in some places.

* "No Fett build is ever finished, only abandoned" -George Lucas

Good news. We can finally bid farewell to the last remaining legacy of Fettpride with these new gauntlets made from photogrammetry of the real gauntlets.... this is a prototype next to an FP shell...

1668619149613.png

A much slimmer fit. High accuracy. Nicer details.

1668619198071.png

These will be available from MinuteFett soon. They'll come with all the necessary extras, including metal hardware and a new rendition of the flamethrower. Can't wait to redo my gauntlets with these accurate shells.

Wow Ord Mantell your build has been the "Most" accurate thing I've ever seen! I only wish my kit could be a 10th of yours. Your accuracy and dedication is seriously incredible!!
Thanks! Very kind of you to say. I think this has been the result of some severe childhood trauma. My 1980 Boba Fett Halloween store-bought costume was such a huge disappointment, I'm still processing the pscyhological damage.

Thanks! Very kind of you to say. I think this has been the result of some severe childhood trauma. My 1980 Boba Fett Halloween store-bought costume was such a huge disappointment, I'm still processing the pscyhological damage.
If you’d like a fresh dose of psychological damage, here’s me at Dragoncon 2004 wearing that very costume.

Attachments

• E15B0E38-AA7A-4383-8A4E-2AE10F0B2193.jpeg
    E15B0E38-AA7A-4383-8A4E-2AE10F0B2193.jpeg
    18.1 KB · Views: 133
This thread is more than 40 days old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back