Ord Mantell's ESB build

IMG_7247bespin2.jpg

I really hope my Fett turns out looking anywhere near this good. Can't get enough of this thread. I've learned a ton. Thanks for putting in the time to share this build with us Ord. The media archives taught me a lot. This build has taught me even more. So awesome man
Thank you Hawk. That's nice to hear. I definitely think those who share their builds as they go along learn more and make better builds than they could working in a vacuum. I've learned tons more than I did on my initial RotJ build which I never made a build thread for.

1666909995029.png

Still a ways to go, but I think I should be done with this build* in the next few months if all goes well. I have a short list of little projects to increase the accuracy a bit more in some places.

* "No Fett build is ever finished, only abandoned" -George Lucas

Good news. We can finally bid farewell to the last remaining legacy of Fettpride with these new gauntlets made from photogrammetry of the real gauntlets.... this is a prototype next to an FP shell...

1668619149613.png

A much slimmer fit. High accuracy. Nicer details.

1668619198071.png

These will be available from MinuteFett soon. They'll come with all the necessary extras, including metal hardware and a new rendition of the flamethrower. Can't wait to redo my gauntlets with these accurate shells.

Wow Ord Mantell your build has been the "Most" accurate thing I've ever seen! I only wish my kit could be a 10th of yours. Your accuracy and dedication is seriously incredible!!
Thanks! Very kind of you to say. I think this has been the result of some severe childhood trauma. My 1980 Boba Fett Halloween store-bought costume was such a huge disappointment, I'm still processing the pscyhological damage.

Thanks! Very kind of you to say. I think this has been the result of some severe childhood trauma. My 1980 Boba Fett Halloween store-bought costume was such a huge disappointment, I'm still processing the pscyhological damage.
If you’d like a fresh dose of psychological damage, here’s me at Dragoncon 2004 wearing that very costume.

Attachments

• E15B0E38-AA7A-4383-8A4E-2AE10F0B2193.jpeg
    E15B0E38-AA7A-4383-8A4E-2AE10F0B2193.jpeg
    18.1 KB · Views: 130

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back