Official RIT DYE Girth Recipe

• Thread starter Migrate from As You Wish
  • Start date
M

Migrate from As You Wish

Originally posted by Braks Buddy:

I recently sent several of my picture from MoM to the RIT dye company. If you send RIT a color sample they will tell you what combination of dyes to mix to match the color. They were a bit nervous about trying to match from pictires but I sent many of my MoM pics so they could see the girth in different lighting conditions. Here is their reply on what colors to use to attain the RotJ color. I'll bet the comnbination will suprise you especially considering this is the RotJ girth.
------------------------------------------------------------
Try the following recipe. Comparing to all of the photos you provided,
this recipe is the most compatible.

Powder RIT
1 package Dark Brown
1 Tablespoon Wine

Liquid RIT
1/2 cup Dark Brown
1/4 cup Wine
-------------------------------------------------------------

I am going to give this a try sometime this week and will post the results as soon as I am done...

Restless soul, enjoy your youth - Eddie Vedder​

Originally posted by Skaught77:

When I first dyed my belt, I used cocoa brown, and I thought it came out perfect. When I made another, I mistakenly used dark brown, and it came out purple! So I used color remover and then cocoa brown'ed it again and now it's good.

Scott

Originally posted by Braks Buddy:

You used Cocoa Brown to get the RotJ color? I might have to pick some up on the way home so I can test both before settling on which to use on the girth.

Restless soul, enjoy your youth - Eddie Vedder​

Originally posted by WebChief:

WOW! Cool! I guess that I guessed pretty good then!

I orginally bought the wine liquid dye and it was too purplish. Then I bought some brown powedered dye and it's much better. I used the whole bottle AND box though! LOL

I think it came out pretty close.

"What we do in life...echoes in eternity!"

Originally posted by jbarela:

Hey BB , have you tried the RIT color formula combination yet?

JImmy

Originally posted by Jaster:

yea i am also curious to see if it turned out good....

I used RIT chocolate brown and RIT wine colors. The wine was in a bottle and the chocolate was powdered. I used full amounts of each.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by DL 44 Blaster1:

One tip will be to soak your girth in acetone if it is a brand new one, otherwise the dye will not take, as they are treated to resist stains,and the acetone will remove the stain resistant treatement in order for the dye to properly color your girth.

Steve

I never soaked mine in anything before dying it. Dye held on mine. Maybe mine is made of a different material or something.

This thread is more than 21 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back