New to TDH? Read this about how much you will spend!

You're goal of acceptable quality has to be calculated as well. There are several folks here that are at the top of what they do. No one seller is the greatest at EVERYTHING. Hard parts, armor/gauntlets/ helmet....no one better than Fettpride. No One.
Soft parts, Arkady. No one here better.
Look thru a few current build threads and you'll be able to easily pick out the go to people.

Great post but being a new builder myself at the moment i can definately say the costs shown are on the low side. I am easily over the $3,000 mark and not yet finished. I am sure there are ways to cut corners but you risk losing quality and end up spending to replace parts in the future anyway. My moto, buy quality and take as much time as your budget allows each month so you can slowly build up what you need. I am already buying and saving for 16 months and still need to save and buy a few final parts.
Any new comer should be prepared to part with 3-4,000 usd by the end.

Honestly you're looking at about 7 grand for a movie quality suit finished and shipped from either of them. Maybe more. I'd say less if you were in the UK

I'd say more in the UK due to fact you'll often want to source stuff from overseas and will spend a lot of extra on shipping, customs and other taxes e.g. An Asok CC GMH will end up costing you about £260 to get to your doorstep once you've paid for the kit and shipping (and tax and customs on both) which is well over $400 and obviously considerably more than it will cost the US consumer to achieve the same result. You will have a small advantage for many of the found part items but that will more around availability than expense. $7000 is a distant memory for me but having learned on previous projects I'm cutting no corners this time and going for the best I can first time around.

Well I'm going off what people said they were quoted for a full RS suit. And shipping does cost money from overseas. But a finished full suit 7 grand is what I remember from them. It's about what I'd charge for a us customer. But I am not currently taking on new commissions.

Fair point then; I am trying to source found parts wherever possible in my build and that'll be a fair chunk of the bill. The found part acquired for the EE3 build I know are in the £1500 mark and above for webley, scope, greebs, mpp etc. I'd be interested to work out what the final cost is? Not interested enough to actually sit down and work it out at this point though or maybe I just don't want to:confused.

To build a suit with all found parts you're going into over 10k for sure. And that's a guess. There is so many variables. Metal parts aren't cheap and neither are found parts. But if you built a suit with all replica parts. My statement would hold true. $7k or so.

Right now for a fully finished ESB suit using top replicas from FP/MOW/Stormrider etc I'm looking at over 5K. I plan to make upgrades once the project is complete though.

Hey all, first official post here.

Yah it's funny because when I first started my scratch build three years ago I told my wife..."oh I can make this all work for under a hundred dollars. "
Man was I wrong, which she reminds me of every day.

I've actually lost count with how much I've spent. But in my honest opinion, it was worth every penny. The people on this site have amazing talent and I am proud to be a member of TDH.

I purchased a complete ESB Boba for $3500 shipped with blasters. It comes in tomorrow. I don't know if it has servos for the rangefinder so I might be putting more money for that. Did I pay too much?

I purchased a complete ESB Boba for $3500 shipped with blasters. It comes in tomorrow. I don't know if it has servos for the rangefinder so I might be putting more money for that. Did I pay too much?

Damn where did you grab that deal?

Wow tkRyno you got a great deal. I've been building my suit for a while and have been sourcing parts and upgrading to better parts as I go, and im certain I have pushed over the $3500 mark and I'm not done.
I'm a bit of a perfectionist and often find myself unhappy with something that was good a year before and feel the need to better it, which I'm sure are pushing the costs way up:lol:

Had a good read of this before I started this project not too long ago and made lists and noted how much I could spend. Just the other week I managed to get an amazingly good deal for a substantial amount of Fett stuff from someone in my garrison and that's lowered the amount I expected to spend for this project quite a bit.

Been a few months since my previous post in this thread and have upgraded quite a few of the parts and replaced pretty much all of the parts I got from a member of my garrison. Obviously this has meant the amount I've spent has increased and I think I may have been better off for some of the parts just getting some of the higher quality parts in the first place.

The upgrades on my Fett shall continue and costs shall rise. The upgrades will never end.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back