New Leather Ammo Belt Run Intrest

Ok I'm finally ready to show a full completed belt. Here is my final pics and yes Nobody this ones yours. This was really unexpected. The lady that does all my stitiching was gone into the hospital and not sure when she will be getting out. So I started to hand stitch this thing. YES thats right I HAND STITCHED IT!! LOL And let me tell you it was the longest part of making this belt. Hopefully I can find the right part for my 1905 Singer Sewing Machine that will be able to do it for me by tomorrow so I don't have to hand stitch the rest. But I'm still working on the rest right now. So enjoy Nobody and your belt will ship out tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I'm finally ready to show a full completed belt. Here is my final pics and yes Nobody this ones yours. This was really unexpected. The lady that does all my stitiching was gone into the hospital and not sure when she will be getting out. So I started to hand stitch this thing. YES thats right I HAND STITCHED IT!! LOL And let me tell you it was the longest part of making this belt. Hopefully I can find the right part for my 1905 Singer Sewing Machine that will be able to do it for me by tomorrow so I don't have to hand stitch the rest. But I'm still working on the rest right now. So enjoy Nobody and your belt will ship out tomorrow.

Taco,
Pm sent

For those that pm'd me. I know they are kinda expensive. I'm sure alot of you are wondering why. I'll try to break it down for you.

1.Each box cost around $5 to make (material, hardware, and labor.)(avg.$40 per belt)
2.Leather that is thin enough to use that has the right color every single time cost around $50 for one belt
3.It cost $10 to get on belt stitched (Or I have to hand stitch it which takes around 4-5 hours to stitch, which means I have to hand punch each hole to be able to stitch)
4. Black Suede to give the belt strap extra support and body so it won't be so thin.
5. Bag stiffiner to apply to the sides of the box to hold up the leather in place around the edges.
6. Cutting out patterns and glueing them to the box. And attaching the velcro.
7. Buying and setting Grommets, Applying leather conditoner so the belt has a long life.
8. Shipping
These are the main things that go into make one of these. Which is why this will more than likely be my first and last run of these belts. Wish I could do better but after all the parts cost, I'm really only making around $20-$25 for my labor. Depending on where its being shipped to. I only charge $10 for Outside USA shipping even though its closer to $30. I try to help with cost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! Thanks for posting the pics, looks fantastic, but.... it looks like the ROTJ belt. I choosed the ESB belt. :confused

Sorry haha I posted the wrong pics and didn't even check the photos to make sure they came out...lol, that one is dustrooms which is almost done. I'll post yours in just a bit.

don't worry it is dust room, i just had not put your snaps on it, but those are your pouches, the belt strap thats on it is Not Lewis's. Your strap is almost done and your esb sling will go out with it as well, which is already done.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back