Girth Belt New girth belt dye method maybe

DarthWesker

New Hunter
hello there dented helmet.
So I tried a new method on dying my synthetic girth belt. I wanted to be cheap and I was hesitant to buy wood stain but one day I went out to buy it cuz I had no choice. So I walk up to the paint guy at lowes and he had no idea what I was talking about haha, but he showed me this. I had doubts but it worked perfectly, I poured the entire jar in a bucket and put water in until it had the consistency of milk. I put the belt in and made sure to really work in the red in all the fibers. After leaving in hanging to drip dry for 20 hours I then let it completely dry for an additional 24 hours till it was dry to the touch and left no residue on any other material
Now this is for return or the jedi, so for empire I don't know what you'd do , possibly mix paint in it, I don't know, I'm new to this. But for this it's been 3 months since I dyed it, it doesn't rub off on my flight suit and there is no weird texture or fraying on the belt.
anyway so this is my first post on the dented helmet and I really wanted to help out with this info.
thanks for reading
20210104_170632.jpg
20201230_194636.jpg
so

hello there dented helmet.
So I tried a new method on dying my synthetic girth belt. I wanted to be cheap and I was hesitant to buy wood stain but one day I went out to buy it cuz I had no choice. So I walk up to the paint guy at lowes and he had no idea what I was talking about haha, but he showed me this. I had doubts but it worked perfectly, I poured the entire jar in a bucket and put water in until it had the consistency of milk. I put the belt in and made sure to really work in the red in all the fibers. After leaving in hanging to drip dry for 20 hours I then let it completely dry for an additional 24 hours till it was dry to the touch and left no residue on any other material
Now this is for return or the jedi, so for empire I don't know what you'd do , possibly mix paint in it, I don't know, I'm new to this. But for this it's been 3 months since I dyed it, it doesn't rub off on my flight suit and there is no weird texture or fraying on the belt.
anyway so this is my first post on the dented helmet and I really wanted to help out with this info.
thanks for reading
View attachment 208218View attachment 208219so
This is great so how did it turn out ?? Did the belt turn stiff with The paint?? Any alternative paint for Australia?? I’m just about to do mine but finding it hard to find a paint in Sydney I was in Bunnings hardware store yesterday with my kids until they drove me nuts and left empty handed any help would be appreciated

This is great so how did it turn out ?? Did the belt turn stiff with The paint?? Any alternative paint for Australia?? I’m just about to do mine but finding it hard to find a paint in Sydney I was in Bunnings hardware store yesterday with my kids until they drove me nuts and left empty handed any help would be appreciated
Thank you. Turned out great. No bleeding on my jump suit to this day. Very flexible, no change from before. I don't know any alternative to it in Australia.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back