New comer

The Fett Man 79

New Hunter
Hi everyone, totally new to the dented helmet and wanted to introduce myself.
I'm Luke and live in the UK, i'm not even sure i'm posting this correctly as i've never used a forum in my life but as i'm a huge fett fan i thought i'd give this a go.
I've just started to put together a fett costume as my passion for all things star wars has started to take over my life in the last 10 years or so, i've always loved star wars from being a child but never contemplated buying memorabilia or cosplay.........till now.
Any friendly advice would be welcome and hopefully my knowledge will be greatly improved.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum. The advice that I give to many of the new people is to always research venders from other websites on here first. You'll see plenty of people saying to stay away from Ebay and other sites which is almost always a good idea. Stick to the venders here or research and ask about the products you're considering buying before you buy them. You will save yourself a lot of trouble doing so and prevent yourself from ending up with a bunch of low quality parts that you'll end up replacing anyway. Anyway welcome again and good luck with your build!

Hey dude welcome to the hunt!! I'm from here in the UK too, the good people on here will point you in the right direction and like the good man above me said, DO LOADS OF RESEARCH and have fun, good luck with your build

Welcome to Fett madness or the love thereof ! You're in the right place for help but what with most members on here being in the US they genuinely say stay clear of eBay sellers as there are many scam merchants . I'm in UK and have had good and bad from eBay, but unless it's 100% screen accurate that you're looking for or 501st approval or want to pay the unhappy shipping charges after buying from our great US pals.:rolleyes:
its an expensive hobby you have chosen o_O
good luck with everything !

Last edited:
Hi guys, great thanks for the info, yeah i'm in the UK and everything seems to be across the water and i'm reluctant to order from abroad, i'm never confident stuff will arrive as well as never sure what i'm paying with the conversion rate and if once it arrives if it will be subject to further import charges etc.
I gotta be honest though i have made the cardinal sin it would appear as i have bought 2 items from ebay already (Helmet and undersuit) however i'm actually really happy with them, everyone starts the build with a helmet first right?
As far as being screen accurate goes i don't earn big money so i'm trying to do the build on a budget so it's trying to get as good of an outfit as i can without the big bucks which i know wont be easy.
So apart from the helmet and undersuit i have a friend who has a 3d printer who has done me a few bits of armour again which i'm happy with but wouldn't mind opinions on that two as he says he can do more if i want?
And last thing, is it a big no no to cross over suits? as my build wont be ESB or ROTJ accurate as i prefer some parts of armour from ESB and some from ROTJ so i plan to mix the two together, is that frowned upon?

Thanks guys sorry for all the questions.

As a rule its common to stick to one suit from a film or the pre production suits or even the special edition suit without mixing up what you personally like, the key is to research as my good friend Zom0898 said, as many folk on here have spent so much time researching and sharing that information (which is vast to say the least) its more a case of going with the flow rather than making up your own version as that would be more in the way of mandalorian mercs way of doing things.o_O
As for making the suits on a budget you can check out my way of working on my own ROTJ build - the thread is called making good use of the things that I find. .
Good luck with everything Luke.

Ah cheers Bobawomble i will certainly take your advice onboard, is there any way of attaching images to these posts for again members opinions and suggestions?

Thanks
If you sort out your pics onto your pc and use the upload file next to post reply on the bottom right then you can upload your progress and post pics thumb nail size or full screen give it a go ! hope this helps? o_O ps don't forget to like the post you like, bottom right of posts !

Honestly if you aren't looking for 501st approval it really wont matter what you combine from the different versions of the suits. The most important part about it is to have fun with it and if you want some aspects of ESB and others of ROTJ then go for it. Besides most people who look at a full Fett suit don't see the differences between ESB and ROTJ. Only the enthusiasts like us do lol.

Honestly if you aren't looking for 501st approval it really wont matter what you combine from the different versions of the suits. The most important part about it is to have fun with it and if you want some aspects of ESB and others of ROTJ then go for it. Besides most people who look at a full Fett suit don't see the differences between ESB and ROTJ. Only the enthusiasts like us do lol.
Well stated ! o_O for the fun of it all ! somewhere in all my enthusiasm I may of lost the fun of it all ha ha.

Haha cheers lads, no its all simply for my own pleasure, not looking for 501st approval i'm just a huge fan and the idea of being able to walk down the street as the fett man excites me immensely (while my partner rolls her eyes of course) lol.
And like you say, to the untrained eye there's not many people who would spot ESB armour from ROTJ armour but purists like ourselves would.
I know things can be lost in images but gonna try and upload a pic of my under suit and helmet just to see what people think of them considering they were Ebay purchases, but i'm actually really happy with them.
Fett 1.jpg

Yay mirror world photo ! I was just going to say the dent and range finder on the wrong side hahah o_O
nice looking bucket ya got there pal
Good luck and have FUN ;) with it all and keep us posted

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back