NEW BOBA FETT ROTJ BUILD

mjwierzb
Thanks for them kind words! I'm horrible with sewing so I elected to have a professional do mine. Last thing I want is going out in my costume and my jetpack falling off during. (A wee bit embarrassing I imagine - And if the Jetpack breaks.....heartbreaking) Concerning my boots only thing I couldn't bring myself to do was taking sandpaper to the black tubing on it to shred it a bit. I hope that'll happen over time as I wear it. I'm one of the ROTJ Fett’s that is NOT going for 501st approval at the moment, so I have a bit more slack than the other Fett’s who are.

With MoW's harness, I feel like it wears well and is pretty comfortable with Jetpack attached. Here's mine...
Full Metal Fett Hook Added to MoW Vest.jpg

Thanks,
-Iron

Last edited:
mjwierzb
Thanks for them kind words! I'm horrible with sewing so I elected to have a professional do mine. Lasting thing I want is going out in my costume and my jetpack falling off during. (A wee bit embarrassing I imagine - And if the Jetpack breaks.....heartbreaking) Concerning my boots only thing I couldn't bring myself to do was taking sandpaper to the black tubing on it to shred it a bit. I hope that'll happen over time as I wear it. I'm one of the ROTJ Fetts that is NOT going for 501st approval at the moment, so I have a bit more slack than other Fetts.

With MoW's harness, I feel like it wears well and is pretty comfortable with Jetpack attached. Here's mine...
View attachment 200114

Thanks,
-Iron
No problem!
mjwierzb
Thanks for them kind words! I'm horrible with sewing so I elected to have a professional do mine. Lasting thing I want is going out in my costume and my jetpack falling off during. (A wee bit embarrassing I imagine - And if the Jetpack breaks.....heartbreaking) Concerning my boots only thing I couldn't bring myself to do was taking sandpaper to the black tubing on it to shred it a bit. I hope that'll happen over time as I wear it. I'm one of the ROTJ Fetts that is NOT going for 501st approval at the moment, so I have a bit more slack than other Fetts.

View attachment 200114

Thanks,
-Iron
mjwierzb

View attachment 200114

Thanks,
-Iron
I’m horrible at sewing too but I’ve been practicing. Would be much easier with a machine! I’m also not going for 501st approval at the moment either but it’s crossed my mind for sure! I’m following the CRL guidelines but trying to base the colors and weathering off photos from the movie. And thank you for the kind words as well, appreciate it!

8/23 - weathered my gloves and added some rust to my toe spikes!

Attachments

• 14D73E15-89E3-4436-A734-9AFB4BA743D1.jpeg
    14D73E15-89E3-4436-A734-9AFB4BA743D1.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 169
  • 75BAFE74-E490-4844-BBF5-4353010E40B4.jpeg
    75BAFE74-E490-4844-BBF5-4353010E40B4.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 164
I just finished my ROTJ Hero. There are a few ROTJ builds happening right now. Check them out. There is a lot of valuable info to make your life easier. If you have questions just ask.

Your build is looking good. I will be following your progress.

Keep in mind you can do a lot with rattle can paint even weathering your flight suit, boots and gloves. Most of my build was done with them. I have an airbrush but only use it for fine details.

I just finished my ROTJ Hero. There are a few ROTJ builds happening right now. Check them out. There is a lot of valuable info to make your life easier. If you have questions just ask.

Your build is looking good. I will be following your progress.

Keep in mind you can do a lot with rattle can paint even weathering your flight suit, boots and gloves. Most of my build was done with them. I have an airbrush but only use it for fine details.
I saw your build, amazing work man! I’ve been looking at your build among others for guidance. I thought about using rattle cans for the fabric weathering but instead went with the spray bottle and acrylic paint. Maybe I’ll practice with the cans though as well just to get a feel for it! Thank you for following!

8/24 - Here is a heavily weathered, heavily rusted EE-3 blaster! Again, this is a Rubies costume prop and I will most likely make an upgrade in the future but I’m pretty happy with how this turned out.

Attachments

• 01E36901-2524-4093-B634-282564C4F066.jpeg
    01E36901-2524-4093-B634-282564C4F066.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 172
  • 1D84F09A-D4E7-4B18-9282-1EA730BE319F.jpeg
    1D84F09A-D4E7-4B18-9282-1EA730BE319F.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 171
8/26 - Just got some Wookiee scalps from a seller on Etsy who goes by the name Katarra8. Really awesome work, check out her store! I will have to add the colored ties which shouldn’t be an issue.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 151
8/26 - Just got some Wookiee scalps from a seller on Etsy who goes by the name Katarra8. Really awesome work, check out her store! I will have to add the colored ties which shouldn’t be an issue.
mjwierzb - Nice. I also have a set of Katarra8's braids! I wanted to get it in line with the 501st's CRL Pic and opt'd to get her ESB Braid set as well - JUST for the Grey Braid, which I ended up cutting and attaching it to the Black Braid going the opposite direction as it is meant to hang down your back side. I also did colored thread wraps and secured via a drop of superglue. I also took it a step further and got the so-called "Pineapple Knots" tied on to them.

Here's what mine look like...
Iron's Wookie Braids.jpg

For me these are a temporary set of Wookie braids as I'll be upgrading to a set of "Woodman Braids" in the New Year.

Thanks,
-Iron

mjwierzb - Nice. I also have a set of Katarra8's braids! I wanted to get it in line with the 501st's CRL Pic and opt'd to get her ESB Braid set as well - JUST for the Grey Braid, which I ended up cutting and attaching it to the Black Braid going the opposite direction as it is meant to hang down your back side. I also did colored thread wraps and secured via a drop of superglue. I also took it a step further and got the so-called "Pineapple Knots" tied on to them.

Here's what mine look like...
View attachment 200251

For me these are a temporary set of Wookie braids as I'll be upgrading to a set of "Woodman Braids" in the New Year.

Thanks,
-Iron
Those looks awesome! How did you get the silver braid attached to the black braid? And how did you do those knots!

Those looks awesome! How did you get the silver braid attached to the black braid? And how did you do those knots!
mjwierzb - I used Super Glue to get the braids attached Try it on and measure it first. After that it was just the appearance of a black thread wrap on top of that. (y)

Now the 2 knots......a supreme pain in the rear! If your like me, you may take several attempts at trying this, but in the end what I did was tie it to a pencil and then transferred the knot over to the braid. It wasn't fun at all. I'm glad I was able to do it and happy it was done and like you, thought it looked great! Here's a link to the knot I tied:

....I never got my knot tying badge in the scouts. Maybe it'll be different for you and you'll get it on first try. But uh, I don't envy you if you're gonna try it, but have fun! :lol:

Thanks,
-Iron

mjwierzb - I used Super Glue to get the braids attached Try it on and measure it first. After that it was just the appearance of a black thread wrap on top of that. (y)

Now the 2 knots......a supreme pain in the rear! If your like me, you may take several attempts at trying this, but in the end what I did was tie it to a pencil and then transferred the knot over to the braid. It wasn't fun at all. I'm glad I was able to do it and happy it was done and like you, thought it looked great! Here's a link to the knot I tied:

....I never got my knot tying badge in the scouts. Maybe it'll be different for you and you'll get it on first try. But uh, I don't envy you if you're gonna try it, but have fun! :lol:

Thanks,
-Iron
Good old super glue, sounds good! I ordered the ESB set for silver braid so I will definitely attach that. Oh boy, we’ll see if I can do some practicing with those nots, they look like a major pain as you said LOL! For the blue and red ties, what did you use and how did you get those on? Did you just wrap them around and then glue?

Good old super glue, sounds good! I ordered the ESB set for silver braid so I will definitely attach that. Oh boy, we’ll see if I can do some practicing with those nots, they look like a major pain as you said LOL! For the blue and red ties, what did you use and how did you get those on? Did you just wrap them around and then glue?
mjwierzb - For all the wraps I did, it was all thread.....it was tedious work Like for the Blue and Red ones. Figure about 6 feet of thread (each) to get that done. For the attachment of the braid it was more like 12 feet of thread to get it all wrapped up. I was able to locate the thread colors and pineapple knot material from Michael's.

-Iron

8/27 - added a couple colored ribbons to 2 of the braids, following Irongladiator look! Just have to wait for my black and silver braids to come in so I can attach those and work on some pineapple knots!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 137
mjwierzb
Looking good! (y)
I took ALL of Katarra8's wrappings off. (To me just didn't look right) But you're off to a good start! You use a drop of Superglue to hold the thread in place?

-Iron

Yep, what I did was used my E6000 adhesive. I have a smaller bottle that had a fine point, great for getting little dots on smaller parts. So I used a few dots and just wrapped around the braid! Also, I noticed in your pics you got the silver braid attached to a black braid. Did you use the black braid from the ESB set? Her ROTJ set comes with blonde, dark brown, and a reddish brown.

Yep, what I did was used my E6000 adhesive. I have a smaller bottle that had a fine point, great for getting little dots on smaller parts. So I used a few dots and just wrapped around the braid! Also, I noticed in your pics you got the silver braid attached to a black braid. Did you use the black braid from the ESB set? Her ROTJ set comes with blonde, dark brown, and a reddish brown.
mjwierzb
I'm trying to recall.....but now that you say that, that sounds right.

-Iron

11/2 - here’s some updates! Sanded and reprimed my gauntlets. Also started some silver on the rocket, hose connector, and calculator pad. Also got my silver Wookiee braid and attached it to my black one and added some colored braids.

Attachments

• 9124452A-B356-4C96-B58F-0E2223B60EBE.jpeg
    9124452A-B356-4C96-B58F-0E2223B60EBE.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 186
  • CB93987E-4BAB-4D4C-9186-9F2F2A12A21F.jpeg
    CB93987E-4BAB-4D4C-9186-9F2F2A12A21F.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 163
  • 12379436-A806-44C8-BBDB-692B7FA26042.jpeg
    12379436-A806-44C8-BBDB-692B7FA26042.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 177
11/5 - today is a great day! Finally got my rope belt in, dyed in the ROTJ red color. Also got some work done on the wrist rocket recently, the MQ-1 calculator, and the hose connector for the right gauntlet!

Attachments

• AC5BEC1B-CB80-4A90-9FB7-F42811F283AA.jpeg
    AC5BEC1B-CB80-4A90-9FB7-F42811F283AA.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 157
  • 8ACEA0C3-8B6C-42B3-8EA0-783ED5A3AF9B.jpeg
    8ACEA0C3-8B6C-42B3-8EA0-783ED5A3AF9B.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 149
This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back