Thank you for the kind words! I was just about to reply with who the armor is from but you found it LOL!
Thanks Iron! I did do a rough spacing of the armor with the collar and it should fit. I am using Velcro so if it looks off, it’ll be an easy fix! I didn’t want to include the collar in the pictures because it has to overlap the back plate so once I get that done I’ll be able to have a better idea of where the collar will be and how much room I’ll have/if the armor needs to be adjusted.Happy Friday to ya!
Lookin' good! Only thing I would potentially be worried about is the "Collar" Piece. Do you think there is enough room? But being that you're using velcro it should be an easy re-arranging of the armor pieces.
Thank you! Yes the yellow I did use is a gloss paint. I think it looks glossier due to lighting, as it is dark out and my basement is a cave LOL. As I said, it is a gloss paint so I may take your suggestion and get that Dullcote anyways just to be safe!
Hey! I essentially looked at film photos and free handed the masking fluid onto the armor. I used a very fine paint brush, tooth picks, and also a pencil to apply the masking fluid onto the armor. You could use a stencil and trace the shapes onto your armor, that may give you a more accurate result. Me personally it’s easier to free hand it and flow through it!Question about your masking, I’m thinking of cutting out the exact markings for when I paint my green and stuff. Is that what you did to get as close as possible to the actual suit?
Thanks! It was more convenient for me just to go to Hobby Lobby and get the fabric I needed there. As I was working on it last night, I had it hung up to dry and had the revelation to spray the other side. So I went ahead and did that LOL. As I’m looking at your photo, what did you put in your flight suit pockets and hip pounces to fill them? I was thinking foam.mjwierzb
I had also thought of doing material at Hobby Lobby too. But in the end opt'd for the US Army Half Shelter. I was luck enough to find one on eBay for $15.00 and had my alterations gal put on the correct stitching and thread color. I also cut it to the appropriate length too. The 501st states....
View attachment 207541
One thing I learned was to mist both sides of the cape with the black. As you can see here with the pic of me and my daughter, I didn't.....and it looked a little off.
View attachment 207542
My two cents anyways.
Got it! I figured foam was probably the preferred method for most Fett’s. I though about using plastic bags or paper towels.Yes indeed! I used foam, I got a 2” thick square sheet and cut off what I needed. I may try to re-form it in a way as I’ve been told that mine seems too square and it should a little more inconsistent.