Need some advice on dyeing fabric.

Rit is fairly common at a lot of craft stores, we have it here where I live and it was only a few dollars
i got pearl grey and some of the color remover just in case, but never had to use the remover
let me know if you want it and I'll ship it to you
5$ for the remover and 5$ for shipping if your in the USA

Rit is fairly common at a lot of craft stores, we have it here where I live and it was only a few dollars
i got pearl grey and some of the color remover just in case, but never had to use the remover
let me know if you want it and I'll ship it to you
5$ for the remover and 5$ for shipping if your in the USA

Will it work on the polyester though? I've used some other dye product twice before with no results, it wasn't Rit though.
Also will it dye in the washing machine? As for your offer, it sounds great! I'll let you know when I start working on it again.

An alternative to making one from scratch is to get cheap overalls made from white cotton twill on Amazon, and then to alter them with white cotton twill fabric. That way, it will all dye to the same colour.

Also, I found the dyeing process to be easier than expected. It helps to test the dye on some fabric scraps beforehand to get a sense of how much dye to use.

Just wanted to put this out there in regards to the Nomex flight suits.
Normal chlorine bleach wont do anything except break down the fibers and weaken the material. Oxygen- based bleach is safe to use but I don't know if it will lighten the color.
Nomex can be dyed but not with normal dyes. The process for dying Nomex is lengthy and requires an acid powder dye.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back