My sintra built gauntlets

My sintra built gaunts (now with templates)

Well, after what seems like endless hours of cutting and shaping and bondo-ing and sanding and sanding, here they are. I just finished the first paintjob, and they still need weathering. Let me know what you think.

Just added the templates I used to build these. They should all print on 8.5"x11" paper. Keep in mind that these are very rough and will need a lot of work. But its a good starting point, I hope.

I started With curved halves of sintra that fit around my arm and built everything on top of those.

Here are some construction pics to show how I put them together. Please note that these are rough templates and should be adjusted as needed to fit your arms. There were also many small areas that I filled with bondo instead of trying to cut small pieces of plastic for.

I epoxied a hinge down the one side and the other side closes with magnets available at http://amazingmagnets.com/products.asp?ID=1000-10-1400 . I used P125AH.

Feel free to PM me with any questions you may have.

TemplateRightGaunt3.jpg
TemplateRightGaunt2.jpg
TemplateRightGauntlet1.jpg
TemplateLeftGaunt3.jpg
TemplateLeftGaunt2.jpg

TemplateLeftGaunt1.jpg

Picture035.jpg
Picture037.jpg
Picture038.jpg

450x600_GauntLeftPainted1.jpg

450x600_GauntLeftPainted2.jpg

450x600_GauntLeftPainted3.jpg

600x450_GauntLeftPainted4.jpg

450x600_GauntRightPainted1.jpg

450x600_GauntRightPainted2.jpg

450x600_GauntRightPainted4.jpg

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

askywalker98

Active Hunter
WOW! VERY NICE! I am IMPRESSED! If I have extra time, I'll give them a try! This thread needs to be stuck so everyone can have more gauntlet templates. Congraudlations!

sargonkiadi

Active Hunter
Wow, thank you so much for this wonderful template!! I'll send pictures when I complete it.

lilburndiablo

Active Hunter
As we can see . . You endless hours of work paid off. Pat yourself on the back and treat yourself to a good meal!

bobamaker

Active Hunter
Great job!! I did my first two sets from Sintra.. Ohh the hours of sanding, filling, sanding, filling......

Tambo Fett

Active Hunter
Nice job...ahhhhh the smell of bondo...........ahhhhhhhhhhh....

very impressive...most impressive... wow i can't believe it! now i know i can make guantlets out of sintra and with these pics it should be no problem for me. thanks and wow! great job!

Christo Fett

Active Hunter
Very nice work! Gauntlets have got to be one of the toughest pieces to fabricate.

Are those light bright pegs for darts?

chewiepal

Active Hunter
what a wonder..........this things give me paciense to finish my scrath JP.....
very good job on this, bio.....
what U use for the flametrower? is a machined one? and sorry I from Argentina and I don´t know what is a "light bright pegs" ................
AND OF COURSE THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR TEMPLATES................

Thanks Chewiepal.

I think the part you are refering to is the "Gauntlet Missle" on the top of the left gauntlet. I bought that off of one of the members here. It is made of resin. If you ask around, you probably could find one.

A Lite Bright is a kids toy. Just google it and you can find info on it if ya need.

Thanks for the complinents,
Justin