My ROTJ journal

Ok bud see what comes back from Major and lets see if we can get this right (y) and no The Joker Squad has no links with 501st they have their own clearance rules.

It's all good man, trust me I know how it feels to be in your shoes...been there done that. It's hard to take in stuff from people as they can easily get confused and spread misinformation. Some people on this forum really know their stuff...the trick is to know who to talk to.

Sent from my SM-G900V

It's all good man, trust me I know how it feels to be in your shoes...been there done that. It's hard to take in stuff from people as they can easily get confused and spread misinformation. Some people on this forum really know their stuff...the trick is to know who to talk to.

Sent from my SM-G900V

Ah will get there in the end no doubt (y)

So new helmet a toy from Target most will say, but my ruler says otherwise :D I been hard at it getting measurements and so on and I am happy to use this as a helmet with a few mods,
Over all its in good shape a nice even job done with no misshapes, and falls within a few MM of some of the big hitters out there, yes it has a slightly flatter top that could do with some attention but I will cross that bridge later on.

with a coat of grey primer on it shows up some crimes and some questions.

20160623_194036_zpsoslapqvh.jpg

first of all the range finder ear is the worst part its to flat and has no ''slight'' slight overlap as shown on your high end helmets like Fett Pride and Boba Maker and of course the original

20160623_194042_zpstmoslhfp.jpg

I need to bring it out a little and lower it down a tad to make it more like this

20160623_194528_zpsakrvagtq.jpg

but I will need to cut a small section out the helmet so it can fit first.

20160623_194453_zpssnzidwmo.jpg

here is the dent

20160623_194924_zpskzmsokzs.jpg

:behave nuff said about that really..

a few of the scratches on it need changing a bit to bring it in closer to the original, so a quick mark up to see whats what.... now the odd square bit with the arrow? what is that,
20160623_195105_zpsbiur8fpa.jpg

20160623_200954_zps3ydyc7dn.jpg

The only reason I ask is I found a group on rebel scum.com who have a picture of a recast of the original damn helmet :eek: and that to shows this odd little square albeit not as big but kind of in the same place??

http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1100247

Thoughts?? :confused

Last edited by a moderator:
So I have filled the dent in a bit to give it profile
20160626_183319_zpsu9tiiuud.jpg

chopped out the key slots
20160626_145237_zpsdqy4tjuu.jpg

added the damage

20160629_174352_zps9jdwq9vv.jpg

and moved the range finder cap down and out a bit

20160629_174301_zpsefn3kfbi.jpg

starting to look the part now

20160629_174313_zpsaxcjtrda.jpg

There is a tiny bit of filling to do around the visor and a little bit more work to do on the dent but other than that it will be time for paint! I am no going to do the whole working range finder on this one, it will have the LED's on it but no up and down mech,

I hardly use the feature on the one I have now and it takes just the same about of time to flip it down by hand when no ones looking :lol:

I need to post more updates on the outfit as a whole, I have repainted the rocket, added the groin strap, started another EE3 carbine, amended the ammo pouch count, moved the side pouches and so on but its all in a state of ''almost finished''

that I and I have started a Boushh build that is taking up some time and now looking into a Battle front version of the shadow trooper with jet pack, AND doing a Luke Skywalker ESB on Bespin out fit or maybe Hoth..:sleep my plate is well and truly full!!!!

that's a 2 year long project right there ha....but Boba comes first (y)

I feel like a one man proshop these days just mass producing Styar Wars stuff :sleep between the Boushh build and Fett upgrades its getting a bit much, I have also been making making ''Testing'' with silicone molds and casting just trying things out, so I need to draw my attention way back in....

I have however managed to get the silver on :lol: and boy is it silver! I ditched the Humbrol 11 (silver) in favour of another brand I been usingon something else...

20160702_190343_zpsvm1iahvr.jpg

So it has been 1 year since the build started, I went back to London film and Comin Con to have my photo taken with Jeremy in the same spot. I did plan on him havng his ESB suit on and my ROTJ SE outfit on sadly he only did this the Saturday and I went on the Friday...but the picture was poetic in its self..

On the left was me last year and on the right was me on Friday
20160729_190326_zpsaaylufz5.jpg

so in a away the role was reversed, really great to come back and do this, Jeremy was digging the outfit and after a little converwsation he asked if I could come back the Sauturday and help him suit up :D he had not put it on in a year and can't expect his Wife to do it forever, I was really blown away by the invite and would have given anything to do it but I was only there for the day and could not make it back the Saturday otherwise I would of had a killer video to upload documenting it......damn...that will never happen again will it :behave

received_1227835340582515_zpscs68mkbf.jpg

This room was not even half of the convention..... it was a monster Con this year
20160729_153754_zpsjv1uz9ij.jpg

20160729_190545_zpsgl60l8uc.jpg

20160729_190415_zps4lopnffk.jpg

I am not sure what the video was for but I got asked to be on camera for a few poses etc, this is all the footage I could find so far I think its part of a compilation video

http://vid110.photobucket.com/album...omic-con-on-video-id584838518_zpsck2o335a.mp4

I feel like a one man proshop these days just mass producing Styar Wars stuff :sleep between the Boushh build and Fett upgrades its getting a bit much, I have also been making making ''Testing'' with silicone molds and casting just trying things out, so I need to draw my attention way back in....

I have however managed to get the silver on :lol: and boy is it silver! I ditched the Humbrol 11 (silver) in favour of another brand I been usingon something else...

20160702_190343_zpsvm1iahvr.jpg

What silver did you use? I'm now curious haha

Last edited by a moderator:
What silver did you use? I'm now curious haha

Off the top of my head I think it was this one

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=p...hVIK8AKHcv2BSkQ_AUIBygC#imgrc=9ZLK8JgLy4dt7M:

its really damn metalic, bright, silver just awsome :cool

I will say it's not easy to apply, it comes out very thick so small applications at a time and build it up, also when painting over it you start off with very light coarts and build up...it can be tricky to work with but it really has a good look to it (y)

This is one of my favorite threads. It is very inspiring. I always come back to it as a reference when working on my own build. Thanks for sharing your build with us and your awesome experiences.

This is one of my favorite threads. It is very inspiring. I always come back to it as a reference when working on my own build. Thanks for sharing your build with us and your awesome experiences.

Thanks bud means alot :$ I have so many updates ready to go on it that need my time but between all the Joker Squad trooping and my current Boushh build it's getting hard to find the time, I dont want to change anything to it just yet as I got it the way it ''works'' shall we say... I am also making another prop at the moment for a future build that I will be posting soon.

as for that target helmet, I need to make more mods to it before I can go to town on it and I am getting closer to doing that...

just have so much on at the moment its all about finding the time. (y)

Thanks bud means alot :$ I have so many updates ready to go on it that need my time but between all the Joker Squad trooping and my current Boushh build it's getting hard to find the time, I dont want to change anything to it just yet as I got it the way it ''works'' shall we say... I am also making another prop at the moment for a future build that I will be posting soon.

as for that target helmet, I need to make more mods to it before I can go to town on it and I am getting closer to doing that...

just have so much on at the moment its all about finding the time. (y)

The thing with this hobby, or at least for me, is it will never be "done". There will always be something to mess with and improve upon. We could be given the screen used costumes themselves and we would find some way to make it better. Lol

I am slowly moving back towards this journal, My other builds have take over, but the Boushh one is get closer to the end, I have become fairly good on the sewing machine so I have decided to take in my flight suit as its a bit baggy, Fett should be a nice snug fit so I took the plunge and went at it with the machine

My right arm (left in picture) and the sleeve has been take in quite a bit, when you look at my left arm (right in picture) is a lot smaller, since this pic I have done both arms and legs and the whole thing looks sooooooo much better, I will post a full dress out to see if the results are worth it

20160807_205036_zpsw19ybsjo.jpg

I have also turned back to the target helmet I began to modify, the dome is way to flat on the top and just don't look right, so I have started building up the top of the dome layer by layer to get a better curve.
20160811_194543_zpslxjjo7nx.jpg

I am also going to make the dent a lot better than my first attempt, widen the visor to correct values and get the details right, I am hoping to take this way beyond its original design and cast it, I wont feel so bad about doing that if it looks nothing like it did at the start..(y)

There are now two of us on the hunt.. We did this Boushh in 3 months and turned out quite good. my Girlfriend is now part on the Joker Squad costume group and loved her first day as a hunter.

14117726_10210028672500971_5878328044370659611_n_zpsunlkwom3.jpg

14192095_10210028672020959_450079283896175079_n_zpsu0kmvuqs.jpg

Now that Boushh is done, (ish) I can get back to this build. After taking in the flight suit it to make it more snug it did change the over all look and was a lot closer to the original than having the suit all baggy, I am still working on a helmet to make a mold from as its now become a an ever improving project.

So I put together another helmet... its from my previous thread in the ''helmets section'' I was going to cast it out but could not find the time to commit to it, its made from the target helmet but in the end I had to change almost every part of it in some way to get it in shape,

I transfer my range finder kit I made over to this one from my previous helmet all works well....to ages however.

20160930_110338_zps4s0ptpg4.jpg

20160930_110347_zpsagxkubfy.jpg

20160930_110433_zps9ncs5k4r.jpg

20160930_110437_zpstwk8i5na.jpg

I will do a side by shot from my first, second and this one..the progression is quite funny to look at...the first one...well...oh my lord is all i can say :lol:

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back