My Four (or Five) Life Size Boba Fett Builds during the Pandemic

B0B4F3TT
Right? He seems to knock these out within 2-3 months for a full build. And I thought I did my ROTJ quick at just under a year. And yeah, thus far I got $5300 invested into mine at the moment. I’m just venturing a guess here, but all those mannequins and suits, probably over $60k in em’.

Still though super awesome and impressive.
:cool:(y)
Definitely, and he must have a good score for props n soft parts cos i had to wait months for mine ? I guess when you've made one or two you don't make the common mistakes we made, ordering the wrong parts and upgrading em etc.

Wow, just wow. You must have spent a fortune, not to mention the time involved. I'm still on my first one, been doing it since Nov 2020. You should be so pleased, that room is awesome :)
Honestly, I think I spent an average of about 3K on each Boba Fett life size. All the work was done myself so I only had to pay for the raw hard materials and the finished soft goods as sewing is well beyond my ability. If you're ever around my wife, just remember that what I spend "Boba Fetting", as she calls it, is like Fight Club. We DON'T talk about it :)

Definitely, and he must have a good score for props n soft parts cos i had to wait months for mine ? I guess when you've made one or two you don't make the common mistakes we made, ordering the wrong parts and upgrading em etc.
I developed some pretty reliable supplier relationships after the first one and in general was able to get the hard parts that required my work the soonest and it gave me plenty of time to work on them while I waited for the longer soft good parts.

B0B4F3TT
Right? He seems to knock these out within 2-3 months for a full build. And I thought I did my ROTJ quick at just under a year. And yeah, thus far I got $5300 invested into mine at the moment. I’m just venturing a guess here, but all those mannequins and suits, probably over $60k in em’.

Still though super awesome and impressive.
:cool:(y)
Definitely not $60K, but you make a good point about the mannequin costs, which probably average 400 per Fett. I just responded to someone via DM that was asking about the mannequins. They've increased in cost significantly since I bought most of mine. In some cases, the price has doubled. I do have a spreadsheet that I tracked how much each cost with a low of $2500 and a high of $4500. As far as the time goes, my wife and I are empty nesters and I've been working from home for the past few years, so A) it's an easy transition from work to Fetting in the evening and B) I'm around my wife enough that she looks forward to me spending all day Saturday in the basement working on this stuff :)

Honestly, I think I spent an average of about 3K on each Boba Fett life size. All the work was done myself so I only had to pay for the raw hard materials and the finished soft goods as sewing is well beyond my ability. If you're ever around my wife, just remember that what I spend "Boba Fetting", as she calls it, is like Fight Club. We DON'T talk about it :)
I love that.... The first rule about Boba Fetting is we don't talk about Boba Fetting. Brilliant

Definitely not $60K, but you make a good point about the mannequin costs, which probably average 400 per Fett. I just responded to someone via DM that was asking about the mannequins. They've increased in cost significantly since I bought most of mine. In some cases, the price has doubled. I do have a spreadsheet that I tracked how much each cost with a low of $2500 and a high of $4500. As far as the time goes, my wife and I are empty nesters and I've been working from home for the past few years, so A) it's an easy transition from work to Fetting in the evening and B) I'm around my wife enough that she looks forward to me spending all day Saturday in the basement working on this stuff :)
DennisFett1142
Well either way I'm happy for ya! I'm kinda in the same boat:
a) Work from home for the past few years
b) I spend enough time around my kid and wife that they don't mind the Saturday/Sunday being spent down in the garage working on cosplay stuff. Plus they come downstairs sometimes and hang out with me.
:cool: (y)

-Iron

Well, I finished my PP2 Fett which brings to an end my new Fett builds for myself. I'm out of room and honestly out of Fetts that interest me enough to do a full build (although that all Black comic version would be sweet :) ). Anyway, here's an updated look at my crazy basement as well as a few of the finished PP2.

Final 000.jpg

Final 008.jpg

Final 007.jpg

Final 006.jpg

Final 005.jpg

Final 004.jpg

Final 003.jpg

Final 002.jpg

Final 001.jpg

Dude that looks killer!!! I love seeing my flamer on your Fett! Your build looks so great! If you still have my number could you send me some close ups of your armor paint work, I’d love to see how you tackled the painting

Dude that looks killer!!! I love seeing my flamer on your Fett! Your build looks so great! If you still have my number could you send me some close ups of your armor paint work, I’d love to see how you tackled the painting
You bet. I need to do some updated photos on Instagram anyway. Probably be over the weekend sometime... And yes, that flamethrower is the absolute chef's kiss to the whole thing!

Apologies if this isn't the right spot for this, but thought I'd share my builds with this awesome community!

I took some photos today of my life size Fetts for another forum and thought I'd finally share over here. I started to build my first Fett (a ROTJ) in September of 2020 and I just finished up my fourth (or fifth if you count the 3D printed action figure) a couple days ago. I am still waiting on the jetpack from the awesome 7CsProps to finish off the Supertrooper and Mando Season 2 Fetts. I can't thank everyone who made this possible but there are so many people on these forums that provided guidance through build threads, stencils, sale items, etc. This community is incredible and I'm super happy to be a part of it. I don't troop in my stuff as it's just for my Star Wars basement but I do think it's 501st worthy as I really tried to follow all the CRLs available on the 501st and the BHG. The mannequins I used are pretty pricey but they have a half inch hole in one of the foots that I was able to use to make them free standing on the platforms I built. Enjoy the photos and at some point I'll respond with some of the places I sourced all the stuff.

View attachment 217004
View attachment 217005
View attachment 217006
View attachment 217007
View attachment 217008

and here's a view of my basement from my work from home desk. My wife didn't think I had room for a 2nd Fett when I told her I was going to build the ESB. Imagine her surprise now! :)

View attachment 217009
I love this so much. I don't think I would ever leave this room. My Wife-"Hey babe, supper is ready." Me-"Ok babe, be up there next year." :lol:

Wow every thing in that room is an eyeful. The detail of it and the scope of the collection truly jaw dropping. I’ve been staring at the photos and each time I look I‘m even more amazed! Hats off to you sir on this… ohh and by the way are you looking to hire an home office assistant, I can start immediately?

Wow every thing in that room is an eyeful. The detail of it and the scope of the collection truly jaw dropping. I’ve been staring at the photos and each time I look I‘m even more amazed! Hats off to you sir on this… ohh and by the way are you looking to hire an home office assistant, I can start immediately?
LOL. Thanks very much. It does make the work day more enjoyable for sure! I spend too much money on Star Wars to afford an assistant though? Unpaid internship? :)

I do not have anything during my work day that comes remotely close to that. I have to say again how amazing that room is! Unpaid internship, I think wife wife would kill me haha.

"We're not worthy!!! We're not worthy!!!"

With all that awesomeness, one thing is for sure....your wife is a keeper.
Considering she has never watched a Star Wars movie all the way through...I'd say she is! She actually thinks the artistic aspect of it is pretty cool but could care less about the intricate differences between the various Bobas. Now that I'm upgrading my ROTJ and ESB Fetts I might be pushing the boundaries of her good nature though! :)

I just finished upgrading the first Fett I ever built...the Return of the Jedi Hero! I upgraded to Minute's ultra accurate armor, added a set of metal ears to the existing bucket, re-trimmed and repainted the gauntlets as they were the last of my rattle can paint ups. I also added a real half shelter as the cape as well as the nifty little cape greeblie Irongladiator sells on here. It's a little capper to my upgrade that I love! This is on a different mannequin as well that captures the more slight built of ROTJ Fett in Jabba's palace. Next up, upgrading the armor and cape on my ESB Fett!

ROTJ Upgrade 001.jpg
ROTJ Upgrade 002.jpg
ROTJ Upgrade 003.jpg
ROTJ Upgrade 005.jpg

This thread is more than 9 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back