My Four (or Five) Life Size Boba Fett Builds during the Pandemic

B0B4F3TT

Hunter
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
B0B4F3TT
Right? He seems to knock these out within 2-3 months for a full build. And I thought I did my ROTJ quick at just under a year. And yeah, thus far I got $5300 invested into mine at the moment. I’m just venturing a guess here, but all those mannequins and suits, probably over $60k in em’.

Still though super awesome and impressive.
:cool:(y)
Definitely, and he must have a good score for props n soft parts cos i had to wait months for mine ? I guess when you've made one or two you don't make the common mistakes we made, ordering the wrong parts and upgrading em etc.

Wow, just wow. You must have spent a fortune, not to mention the time involved. I'm still on my first one, been doing it since Nov 2020. You should be so pleased, that room is awesome :)
Honestly, I think I spent an average of about 3K on each Boba Fett life size. All the work was done myself so I only had to pay for the raw hard materials and the finished soft goods as sewing is well beyond my ability. If you're ever around my wife, just remember that what I spend "Boba Fetting", as she calls it, is like Fight Club. We DON'T talk about it :)

Definitely, and he must have a good score for props n soft parts cos i had to wait months for mine ? I guess when you've made one or two you don't make the common mistakes we made, ordering the wrong parts and upgrading em etc.
I developed some pretty reliable supplier relationships after the first one and in general was able to get the hard parts that required my work the soonest and it gave me plenty of time to work on them while I waited for the longer soft good parts.

B0B4F3TT
Right? He seems to knock these out within 2-3 months for a full build. And I thought I did my ROTJ quick at just under a year. And yeah, thus far I got $5300 invested into mine at the moment. I’m just venturing a guess here, but all those mannequins and suits, probably over $60k in em’.

Still though super awesome and impressive.
:cool:(y)
Definitely not $60K, but you make a good point about the mannequin costs, which probably average 400 per Fett. I just responded to someone via DM that was asking about the mannequins. They've increased in cost significantly since I bought most of mine. In some cases, the price has doubled. I do have a spreadsheet that I tracked how much each cost with a low of $2500 and a high of $4500. As far as the time goes, my wife and I are empty nesters and I've been working from home for the past few years, so A) it's an easy transition from work to Fetting in the evening and B) I'm around my wife enough that she looks forward to me spending all day Saturday in the basement working on this stuff :)

B0B4F3TT

Hunter
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
Honestly, I think I spent an average of about 3K on each Boba Fett life size. All the work was done myself so I only had to pay for the raw hard materials and the finished soft goods as sewing is well beyond my ability. If you're ever around my wife, just remember that what I spend "Boba Fetting", as she calls it, is like Fight Club. We DON'T talk about it :)
I love that.... The first rule about Boba Fetting is we don't talk about Boba Fetting. Brilliant

Irongladiator

Active Hunter
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
Definitely not $60K, but you make a good point about the mannequin costs, which probably average 400 per Fett. I just responded to someone via DM that was asking about the mannequins. They've increased in cost significantly since I bought most of mine. In some cases, the price has doubled. I do have a spreadsheet that I tracked how much each cost with a low of $2500 and a high of $4500. As far as the time goes, my wife and I are empty nesters and I've been working from home for the past few years, so A) it's an easy transition from work to Fetting in the evening and B) I'm around my wife enough that she looks forward to me spending all day Saturday in the basement working on this stuff :)
DennisFett1142
Well either way I'm happy for ya! I'm kinda in the same boat:
a) Work from home for the past few years
b) I spend enough time around my kid and wife that they don't mind the Saturday/Sunday being spent down in the garage working on cosplay stuff. Plus they come downstairs sometimes and hang out with me.
:cool: (y)

-Iron