My Four (or Five) Life Size Boba Fett Builds during the Pandemic

DennisFett1142 - what are the two carded figures over your ESB's left shoulder, tucked behind Slave-1?
Good eye! They are from Smith Lord Creations (also known as The Fans Strike Back). They've got a website and release replica vintage style figures. I also have a POTF Fett and Droids Fett (one of which never actually existed on card, I think) to the right further. They're very cool figures and ran about 60 bucks each.

Apologies if this isn't the right spot for this, but thought I'd share my builds with this awesome community!

I took some photos today of my life size Fetts for another forum and thought I'd finally share over here. I started to build my first Fett (a ROTJ) in September of 2020 and I just finished up my fourth (or fifth if you count the 3D printed action figure) a couple days ago. I am still waiting on the jetpack from the awesome 7CsProps to finish off the Supertrooper and Mando Season 2 Fetts. I can't thank everyone who made this possible but there are so many people on these forums that provided guidance through build threads, stencils, sale items, etc. This community is incredible and I'm super happy to be a part of it. I don't troop in my stuff as it's just for my Star Wars basement but I do think it's 501st worthy as I really tried to follow all the CRLs available on the 501st and the BHG. The mannequins I used are pretty pricey but they have a half inch hole in one of the foots that I was able to use to make them free standing on the platforms I built. Enjoy the photos and at some point I'll respond with some of the places I sourced all the stuff.
and here's a view of my basement from my work from home desk. My wife didn't think I had room for a 2nd Fett when I told her I was going to build the ESB. Imagine her surprise now! :)

View attachment 217009

holy !!! respect !!! i really enjoy that view..... good work!
cheers

I finished my updated Han in Carbonite over the weekend and since I had to dismantle my ESB Boba to change out my Hans, I went ahead and re-dyed the flight suit to be more accurate. I also was able to get a pose close to RafalFett 's icon which I wanted because A) it's a great pose and B) I like to think of it as a tip of the cap to someone who's made a lot of the building I've done over the past two years possible. Pose isn't perfect because mannequin arms are finnicky but I think it captures the cool vibe that photo of Fett has.

ESB Fett Update.jpg

I finished my updated Han in Carbonite over the weekend and since I had to dismantle my ESB Boba to change out my Hans, I went ahead and re-dyed the flight suit to be more accurate. I also was able to get a pose close to RafalFett 's icon which I wanted because A) it's a great pose and B) I like to think of it as a tip of the cap to someone who's made a lot of the building I've done over the past two years possible. Pose isn't perfect because mannequin arms are finnicky but I think it captures the cool vibe that photo of Fett has.

View attachment 220877
Looks pretty dead on balls to me.

I finished up another TWO life size Boba Fetts for my Star Wars basement and thought I'd share my updates. I made a Mando Season 2 Post-Sarlacc and a Holiday Special Fett this time. Here's a pic of each of those as well as an updated view from my work from home desk. I started my first Fett (ROTJ) in October of 2020, so I've been humping along. I think I'm officially finished building for myself and have opened up for commissions. Hopefully I can offset some of my Fett purchases! Enjoy!

Post Sarlacc Fett.jpg
Holiday Special Fett.jpg
Basement View May 2022.jpg

DennisFett1142
As most have said already, that room is awesome and awe-inspiring! The Mando Season 2 is missing the signature “Dad Bod” belly. Just stuff a pillow under that Flak Vest!
:lol:

-Iron
LOL, you're not the first to say that. I honestly was intentional with the sizing of it. It's really tricky to get a mannequin to look appropriately plump, which I discovered when doing the Season 2 re-painted Boba late last year. I decided to use my head canon of Bulloch being under the suit, all lean and ESB-mean! :)

Wow, just wow. You must have spent a fortune, not to mention the time involved. I'm still on my first one, been doing it since Nov 2020. You should be so pleased, that room is awesome :)

B0B4F3TT
Right? He seems to knock these out within 2-3 months for a full build. And I thought I did my ROTJ quick at just under a year. And yeah, thus far I got $5300 invested into mine at the moment. I’m just venturing a guess here, but all those mannequins and suits, probably over $60k in em’.

Still though super awesome and impressive.
:cool:(y)

This thread is more than 9 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back