My Four (or Five) Life Size Boba Fett Builds during the Pandemic

Apologies if this isn't the right spot for this, but thought I'd share my builds with this awesome community!

I took some photos today of my life size Fetts for another forum and thought I'd finally share over here. I started to build my first Fett (a ROTJ) in September of 2020 and I just finished up my fourth (or fifth if you count the 3D printed action figure) a couple days ago. I am still waiting on the jetpack from the awesome 7CsProps to finish off the Supertrooper and Mando Season 2 Fetts. I can't thank everyone who made this possible but there are so many people on these forums that provided guidance through build threads, stencils, sale items, etc. This community is incredible and I'm super happy to be a part of it. I don't troop in my stuff as it's just for my Star Wars basement but I do think it's 501st worthy as I really tried to follow all the CRLs available on the 501st and the BHG. The mannequins I used are pretty pricey but they have a half inch hole in one of the foots that I was able to use to make them free standing on the platforms I built. Enjoy the photos and at some point I'll respond with some of the places I sourced all the stuff.

ESB Fett Full.jpg

ROTJ Fett Full.jpg

Mando Full.jpg

Super trooper Full.jpg

3D Fett Full.jpg

and here's a view of my basement from my work from home desk. My wife didn't think I had room for a 2nd Fett when I told her I was going to build the ESB. Imagine her surprise now! :)

Room 11-2021.jpg

Wow wow wow... Im totally outta words. Most of us take years to finish one build. And even more of us (me included) have the idea in mind for years and years and years without ever starting. (ok, I got the suit in my profil pic, I hope that counts, lol).
But YOU... doing 4 in one year?!?!? Thats insane. Truly impressive. Really man...
Ok, I sound like a babbeling infant, but thats your fault really, since you caused my jaw to hit the floor daaang hard!

And thats even before I said anything regarding that basement! Dude thats bigger then some apartments here in Europe and its full of cool Stuff. And also what you did to the room itself. Thats some dedication. Wow. An amazing home office!

Wow wow wow... Im totally outta words. Most of us take years to finish one build. And even more of us (me included) have the idea in mind for years and years and years without ever starting. (ok, I got the suit in my profil pic, I hope that counts, lol).
But YOU... doing 4 in one year?!?!? Thats insane. Truly impressive. Really man...
Ok, I sound like a babbeling infant, but thats your fault really, since you caused my jaw to hit the floor daaang hard!

And thats even before I said anything regarding that basement! Dude thats bigger then some apartments here in Europe and its full of cool Stuff. And also what you did to the room itself. Thats some dedication. Wow. An amazing home office!
Thanks so much for the kind words. I work from home, my kids are grown and my wife is happy with me tooling away on this stuff for hours. She's the coolest and really supports my passion. Once I finished the one, I was like "that was super fun maybe I'll do another". Once I had ROTJ and ESB, I had some extra pieces and parts and sourced the Mando Season 2. After that, a member here was selling Supertrooper armor for a good price and I already had the helmet from MinuteFett I was going to use for a Pre-Pro but decided I wanted the all-white look to kind of bookend things. Now Book of Boba Fett is coming and I'm already eyeballing potential space :)

Wow. That is a lovely room, them life size fetts are fantastic. Is it just me or does the cat next to the ESB life size look like it's whistling
LOL. She likes sitting on the display stand because even though they're low wattage LEDs under there, there's a tad of heat they give off. I didn't notice she was there until I uploaded the pic :)

Thanks! That 3D print was the biggest pain in the back side I've ever experienced. 3D printing isn't a hobby as much as signing up for frustration sprinkled with occasional enjoyment :)
You 3D printed the life size Kenner action figure!!!???
I do a lot of 3D printing. Heck I printed my jet pack and I thought that was a pain in the rump. I can't imagine taking on the challenge you did with that.
Well done sir.

You 3D printed the life size Kenner action figure!!!???
I do a lot of 3D printing. Heck I printed my jet pack and I thought that was a pain in the rump. I can't imagine taking on the challenge you did with that.
Well done sir.
It really is fantastic isn't it. He must have spent a few days sanding. I 3d printed my armour/gauntlets etc and it's a pain getting it flat. Thank god for Hi build primer.

It really is fantastic isn't it. He must have spent a few days sanding. I 3d printed my armour/gauntlets etc and it's a pain getting it flat. Thank god for Hi build primer.
Sanding was minimal because I discovered this flexible rubber coating spray and used about 10 cans on it. It also helped strengthen it since I printed with almost no infill...

This thread is more than 9 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back