My First Ever Weather Attempt

aguma

Hunter
im working on weathering the helmet right now, but instead of jumping right into painting my $43 don post boba, i have decided to paint a normal bicycle helmet first, its already painted but i cant find my camera...also im going to add some sandtrooper sanding to it, so its not fully done lol but tell me what you think when i put up some pics in just about 5 minutes

well i took pictures and all that, but i cant find the bloody cord that plugs it into the computer...and it has no memory card either...so im screwed for a few hours lol

ALRIGHT!!! i got pics!! (y) although the camera is really crappy so it did absolutly no justice...i did it first by putting a light grey primer then coating it with glossy black, then misting with chrome, then sprayed the tip of a ripped off tough sponge, alot like steel wool only not so tough lol and did all the scratches...then after that i did the sand trooper weathering from some website i found a while back...the white one with sierra mist sticker on it isnt what i used, but basically thats what it looked like when i started lol
6664.jpg

666.jpg

6661.jpg

6662.jpg

6663-1.jpg

6665.jpg

6666.jpg

6667.jpg

6668.jpg

6669.jpg

tell me what you think, and please keep in mind this camera sucks so it actually looks ALOT better then it does here...and this is ONLY TO TEST WHAT I CAN DO!!! thank all of you

and YES that is paint, no mud, no dirt, no sand, no nothing, just spray paint and acrylic paint.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it looks really good. Were you sent to mogadishu in 93 as part of a Bigwheel battalion? Seriously though I think you did an awesome job on the weathering. Heck it looks like you could even just keep that helmet for another outfit.

lol well i love the really dusty, dirty look, thats why my first costume ever was a tusken raider lol and i see enough sandtroopers so i thought id do something different...

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back