My Boba (FettHam WIP)

So I eventually got around to the fun part, painting the things I've rubbed for 2 days. I wanted a rough look and wanted a couple of the darts to look 'fired'. I think they turned out ok, but I bid farewell to 3D and possibly budget options from here on :unsure:

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Still chipping away at it...

These came
1.jpg

It put green on them
2.jpg

I cut a hole in this one
3.jpg

Made a thingy for the hole
4.jpg

This is the mess I have right now
5.jpg

And I used different yellow paint for this, and I hate it. Still needs work... but I hate it.
IMG_E0523.JPG

Great progress, things are coming along nicely.

I hear you on the sanding. I’ve sanded all of mine by hand and taken so many layers of skin off. It’s a Fett right of passage. Sand, fill, sand some more. Wash, rinse repeat. ;)

I hear you on the sanding. I’ve sanded all of mine by hand and taken so many layers of skin off. It’s a Fett right of passage. Sand, fill, sand some more. Wash, rinse repeat. ;)

It's no wonder Boba couldn't hit a target... poor bloke hand no skin on his fingers after all the sanding!

Thanks, yeah I can see a little light at the end of the tunnel.

RamSkirata its the first part of my surname.
It indeed sounds like some meat product. “I could really fancy a Fettham & cheese sandwich “

Even more so for my German ears. "Fett" literally means "fat" in German.

How does Bobas Surname then sound to us Germanz in the absence of an additional "ham" I hear you ask...
Well... not too bad. He is known widely enough that it has a unique ring to itself so you don think about fat when you hear the name^^

The reason I posted my hideous cod attempt, was to shame myself into fixing it.
I done that tonight and I like it now, I think it's fit for Boba's bits now. :cautious:

7.jpg
8.jpg

Hideous version on the left... or right/both in some eyes

Last edited:
Done a few more mods and added some items.

Added velcro to my fake jump suit. I might still go with studs, see how things pan out.
1.jpg

Ruined a good set of boots (spikes in post)
2.jpg

Ruined the bottom of my fake suit and cape
3.jpg 4.jpg

My cheapo chest lights work great, but the let light bleed onto the vest and it didn't look good. So I sacrificed a pair of socks to save the day. Works great!
6a.jpg 6b.jpg

Needed collar studs, so I remember someone using a keyboard. I'd credit you but I can't remember who it was sorry! So far right one is a Bobamaker stud, the other are genuine 2003 Microsoft Easy Wrist keys sanded and painted white. Need to red and grey the other 2.
IMG_0612.jpg

Done some other weathering and mods but they are more boring than the above update, so I'll spare you.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    352.4 KB · Views: 116
Final update from me, as I'm waiting on my belt to be completed from a friend. Then need to buy a jetpack and rifle, probably throw a jumpsuit in there :rolleyes:

I started this during lockdown, I've had a crap 2020 like most. Lost my job and my father almost died from covid. I watched a video of local guys giving out craft things to kids stuck at home, then at a hospital. Their faces changed my 2020, such joy to see Stormtroopers, Fetts and wookies on their street or ward. So that's when I decided to make a build.
I genuinely thought Boba wouldn't be that difficult :D Since found out he's considered one of the most challenging! So having zero experience I set out.

My aim was to get this done by October. Cheap as I could go without looking utter crap. Aim was also to complete the front and do the rear later.
I'm happy to say I'm completed Phase 1.

Is it accurate? Is it perfect? Do I look ridiculous (yes)? I'm not concerned about the answers to any of these... if I can make 1 kids day or make them smile further down the line, then this has been worth it.

So I'll leave you with my final pic. Yes, there's incorrect stuff in there lol. Also, I'm on my own, so I couldn't get the vest etc hooked up correctly.

IMG_E0624b.jpg

I don't know how I missed this thread!!!! You crack me up Fettham. What you did on a shoe string budget in such short time is amazing. Give yourself some credit.
I've made this offer to others. The reasons for your build are deeper than just running around in a costume. I admire that. If there is something you need that I can help with by 3D printing, all I ask is to cover the material and shipping cost. I am also out of work due to COVID-19 and have time on my hands to help.
I'm not sure about printing another entire jet pack, but if there is something small/medium sized, I'm here to help.

I also have a second LED chest display I bought from an Etsy seller. It was a kit I had to assemble. When I bought my chest armor it had a Fettronics display. If you want the one I built, I believe I have $60 wrapped up in parts.
$60 + shipping and it's yours.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back