My 9 year old's gauntlets

Bubba Fett

Well-Known Hunter
Hi everyone. As I finish up my kids armor (is it ever REALLY finished?) I thought I would post pics of the parts so I could show a little more detail. This is the left gauntlet that I have (maybe) finished. The shell is from Cruzer, pulled from the ones he made for his son. Sorry the photos are not great...

gaunt1.jpg

I used a piano hinge for closing it which works great.

gaunt6.jpg

For the fastening I originally used magnets. Then my son showed me how, by twisting his arm a particular way the gauntlets would pop off and smash to the floor. :eek: I thanked him for showing me after I picked up the pieces and put them back together. Anyway, after that I used magnets, along with a velcro tab on the back of the flame thrower box, in addition to velcro that attaches the gauntlets to the jumpsuit. I considered stapling them to his arm as well, but thought that might be going just a bit too far.

gaunt4.jpg

I made a couple of small changes to the templates. As he is 9 and very "action oriented". I shortened the flame thrower part just a little so it would get knocked around a bit less. I also had to cut off some of the keyboard since the gauntlets are smaller. I did not have a small rocket, and besides everyone likes a big rocket :lol: so I used a normal one. Anyway, this is my first go at it and I thought it turned out ok. Now to finish the right one!!!

gaunt5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Cruzer! I really consider that high praise after seeing what you have done with your son's costume.

This will be really fun this Halloween. I am going to be Vader, my 9 year old son will be Boba and my 7 year old daughter is Padme. My wife...well, let's just say she is not happy about the whole thing. :lol:

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back