MoW Boots

deathxcircle

Active Hunter
Hey team,

I received my boots today, and I have a question. I tried them on, and they fit perfectly in the toe, but seem to be really loose around the lower leg so when I walk in them my heels are lifting.

Is this normal? I've attached some pictures.

Thanks in advance.

20180522_123035.jpg

20180522_123046.jpg

The extra room will probably be helpful if you're trooping. Your feet will swell and it won't feel to tight.

Hmm... That's interesting. I haven't experienced that with mine. So am I understanding you correctly to say that the heel "cup" (?) isn't securing your heel in place and as a result the back of your foot lifts from the sole of the shoe when you walk?

Hmm... That's interesting. I haven't experienced that with mine. So am I understanding you correctly to say that the heel "cup" (?) isn't securing your heel in place and as a result the back of your foot lifts from the sole of the shoe when you walk?

Yes, albeit only slightly, however just enough to be noticable.

It occurred to me today that I could be noticing this because I don't yet have a flight suit with which to cinch the ankles tight with the velcro strap.

Is this what I am experiencing? Do other people's boots sit as loose as mine at the top?

Mine have the same sort of wiggle room at the ankle. However they feel completely comfortable to walk in, and I’d imagine with the flightsuit on they’d be just fine.

bcurtis and I were chatting about this last night, and mine are the same way. easier to get on/off, but these MoW boots KILLED my heels after my first troop. Not impressed at all with these. I got a pair of these construction boot socks from Wal-Mart. They're very breathable and feels like I'm walking on a cloud

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back