Jet Pack Mounting power supply inside jetpack

jedisushi

Hunter
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey folks,

I’d love to hear about how others have mounted their power supply for the beacon light inside the jetpack.

Simply at the bottom seems logical, but fiberglass is not a great material for adhesion, for example with stick on Velcro.

I’d love to make sure the box is secure so it won’t bounce around in there, but it needs to be easily removable so that I can change the batteries.

Thanks!

Put e6000 on the velcro and glue it that way. Holds up super well. Also helps to sand it down a little with around 80 grit.

That or hot glue the battery pack on. I have lights, sound, and fog in my pack and it is all held in with shot glue and e6000 with velcro.

Kinda funny I was gonna ask the same thing in that how well fiberglass held sticky back velcro. But E6000 - seems like a winner to me.

-Iron

Last edited:
Kinda funny I was gonna ask the same thing in that how well fiberglass held sticky back velcro. But E6000 - seems like a winner to me.

-Iron
Adhesive back industrial velcro with e6000 is my secret weapon. It's way stronger than you'd expect for some reason. Make sure to clamp it down if possible. It's holding my ammo belt together, knees in place, as well as all the electronics in my helmet, gauntlet, and jetpack in place.

Not to derail this thread, but I'm using straight 3M Velcro (with NO E6000) on my Fiberglass Boba Maker helmet and so far it is holding up your power supply and receiver nicely - for that servo kit I just got and installed from you. And the 3M Velcro is also holding up my PASGT Helmet Headstrap suspension system, and has for the past year with no E6000 either.

Last edited:
Not to derail this thread, but I'm using straight 3M Velcro (with NO E6000) on my Fiberglass Boba Maker helmet and so far it is holding up your power supply and receiver nicely - for that servo kit I just got and installed from you. the 3M Velcro is also holding up my PASGT Helmet Headstrap suspension system, and has for the past year with no E6000 either.
ooo gonna have to get me some of that

C989BE81-0E6D-4C62-A130-2141B89032C2.jpeg
Hey folks,

I’d love to hear about how others have mounted their power supply for the beacon light inside the jetpack:

Simply at the bottom seems logical, but fiberglass is not a great material for adhesion, for example with stick on Velcro.

I’d love to make sure the box is secure so it won’t bounce around in there, but it needs to be easily removable so that I can change the batteries.

Thanks!
I have a lot of stuff inside my jet pack but the beacon power supply is set with some screws into the back:

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back