Montross (Open Seasons) Boot Question

NROrtiz

Hunter
Okay so I got these boots and I’m having a hard time deciding on what to do. What I’m gonna do is take the laces out and put a leather flap over the front to cover the eyelets and to mirror that he has on the top of the boot.

What’s getting me is whether he has shin armor or not. In one panel he explicitly has it, but in others it’s hard to tell if it’s like the biker scout boots. In the first one I circled the area where some say it’s stitching like the boots I got, others say it looks like armor.

What should I do to match the movie quality look?

Attachments

• 359A0822-F7E9-486D-BDE0-30D9ECC1C091.jpeg
    359A0822-F7E9-486D-BDE0-30D9ECC1C091.jpeg
    334 KB · Views: 280
  • C7DA2ED0-05A1-4490-93A3-3B751520C330.jpeg
    C7DA2ED0-05A1-4490-93A3-3B751520C330.jpeg
    556 KB · Views: 275
  • 67EB0FA5-573F-446C-8104-BE0EF59C26EF.jpeg
    67EB0FA5-573F-446C-8104-BE0EF59C26EF.jpeg
    568.9 KB · Views: 281
The boots look like they will do the job nicely. The challenge I see with doing a costume from comic panels is your reference pics will all be dependent on what the artist chose to pencil in and/or what the inker chose to ink in, ect. It’s definitely possible. The guys that have done the Jodo Kasts, Jaster Mereels, ect. can attest to that. It will just be a challenge to nail down all the details is all. Good luck to you in your hunt.

The boots look like they will do the job nicely. The challenge I see with doing a costume from comic panels is your reference pics will all be dependent on what the artist chose to pencil in and/or what the inker chose to ink in, ect. It’s definitely possible. The guys that have done the Jodo Kasts, Jaster Mereels, ect. can attest to that. It will just be a challenge to nail down all the details is all. Good luck to you in your hunt.
I know, especially with the fact that the art in Open Seasons is as consistent as anything my ex-girlfriend ever said to me. In the meantime I will experiment and see what I and you guys think with what I can come up with.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back