Mini-Me jet pack

Geo

Active Hunter
Mini-Me jetpack

Okay, here are the most current photos of my son's Custom Mando! I'm still refining and tweaking as much as possible before we have to leave for C3 tomorrow. The rangefinder is not on yet as well as the hoses aren't attached. The Ab-plate is off because I need to cut down the chest, ab and collar armor a bit. Other than a little "dirtying up" (he doesn't want any) I'm done! Whew! Enjoy!

Geo

Here are some pics of my 8 year old son's jet pack that I'm scratchbuilding for him. I'm making him a Custom Mandolorian for C3. Utilizing anything I can find. :) Rocket parts, air fresheners, both electric and cone-shaped, wooden discs, pvc pipe, paintball gun speed loading tubes, and lots of sintra.

Also, the trash can armor works great for kids too! :)

More pics to come later, I'm going out of town for 5 days and won't be back 'til Monday.

Geo

Last edited by a moderator:
He wants smaller rockets on top of the red tubes, but I told him that will have to wait til I get the rest of his costume done first. :) He wants it to be Gold and silver with red highlights... His favorite color is RED! :) Possibly going to put vacuum tubes inside the red tubes also.

Geo

THAT'S REALLY GREAT!!!

NICE WORK! Your kid must be SOOOOOOOOOOOO Happy!!!

attachment.php

Cool Pack! What's that piece in the middle of the main canister with the slits? It looks familiar, like a Star Trek bridge. It's cool too.

That part in the middle of the main canister is a plastic cover to a plugin air freshener. I've got 3 or 4 of em at home. Looks Awsome tho, very inventive!!!!! Wish my dad could have done this for me when I was that age. ;)

GEO! You Suck! Bein' all Super-Dad! Sheesh! I am going to steal it from your son! That is what I am talkin' about!...OK, you don't suck. Sorry.

John

My son is going to dress up as Boba at CIII. I only have a JD kid's helmet (which rocks), the commercial toy armor, gauntlets and blaster and grey sweats. I'm such a horrible dad!

I think it looks awesome as is!!! I wouldn't even paint it as the red on the side tanks looks freakin' awesome clear!! (y)

Steve

I agree its the tank would look excellent clear. As for the pack :eek: Wow! Thats one lucky kid you've got their. :cheers (y) :jet pack

I love it...well except for the rocket, it looks a little small IMHO, but the rest of the pack is sweet! Here's an idea, leave the tanks clear and fill them with water to slosh around - IE rocket fuel!

Yea that is totally bad ass. I would but some of the ribbed hoses like on the Tie helmets into the red tubes and fill with liquid.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back