Mina Fetts - ROTJ WIP Build Thread

....I actually grabbed this stuff.....

Not too bad for $17.75. Since we have a Grainger here locally, I went into Seattle to pick it up. I tried a little bit of it out and it looks the part! (y) I'm going to attempt to finish them up this week along with my Gauntlets.

-Iron

Hmm. Looks like I cannot get that over here in Australia. I’d have to buy it online and get it shipped. Anything from US takes a minimum of 5 weeks to arrive. Got some kit things I’m at 8 weeks and counting to receive.

I’ll look at options for dulling down the tape I already have.

Thanks again for the feedback Iron.

Took off masking and painted rings. Pretty happy with how it’s looking so far. Gotta say rubber is harder to paint than the normal armour material.
43005C68-C89E-4D33-AC3F-B2BF6A019073.jpeg

Got temporary chest lights. I will probably use these for another project once I get my other ones back. My fettronics ones are still on the way back to me from the states. Lesson learned. Don’t misplace your powepack or put more than 5 volts in. The chip will fry spectacularly!

0A92CB01-CDC0-47B5-9A79-1134346A74BD.jpeg

What do you use to power them? I just presumed it was a 9 volt battery, obviously not lol

For the set I have pictured there they run off a USB power bank.it comes with a USB cable pre soldered.

23AF3CF9-58C3-4AA7-AB7F-DCA47D54B353.jpeg
Fettronics will also run off a power bank as long as it is 5 volts or below. But they come with a triple double a power pack.
62288714-0353-4741-86B5-6E1F89C849EC.jpeg

When I was last doing a test fit I thought hey let’s make a smaller power pack. Smaller power pack was a little too mighty for the programmed chip sadly. I’ve misplaced my power pack a few times which also lead me to try making a smaller pack always connected. I had to send the lights back to be repaired.

Mina,
If you want I can print you the security blade paddle on my SLA printer and throw in some black gaffers tape too. Just cover shipping. I know you said 5 weeks min to get to you, but if it gets you what you need.

Here is what mine looks like. Everything is 3D printed except the tape.
20200715_105750.jpg

Mina,
If you want I can print you the security blade paddle on my SLA printer and throw in some black gaffers tape too. Just cover shipping. I know you said 5 weeks min to get to you, but if it gets you what you need.

Here is what mine looks like. Everything is 3D printed except the tape.
View attachment 196599

Thank you for the kind offer. I will shoot you a PM.

I’ve finished the knees now.

4CC2D775-C269-4301-A1FD-105D866A0513.jpeg
Next steps will be:
fixing some bolts to collar and bells
Putting 3 grommets in vest for collar
Relocate the braids down closer to the seam
Paint jet pack greeblies
Black wash security blade
Try and smooth the black paddle more
Change out foam on gauntlets to make more comfortable

After doing those things I will just be waiting on the jetpack kits.

Been a while since I have updated thread. Had major health issues and parts delays hold me up.
Have made a few small steps forward.

I’ve mixed a paint match for my boba maker armour. Will give it a go once weather is a little warmer. 7DD4BC5A-C81F-43EF-AF72-D357BCD5A9CD.jpeg
8034DD51-A1BD-4C3C-AF43-5F1BDF829EAE.jpeg

Have received and painted the replacement paddle lazerjock kindly printed.
941F3A17-BB57-4503-9815-41184110092A.jpeg

Placed temporary bolts on shoulders. I intend to mark up placement on vest and probably take to alterations place for holes.
506CABCF-AEB4-4621-A3B8-7FD9DE0797E9.jpeg

Have received beacon light. Waiting on JP before doing anything further.

Started taking apart Howard earphones for hearing amplification solution.

MinaFett
I hope all is ok with you and that you are on the mend! Good to hear your making progress with this though. I see you mixed paints. I know on your very first post you had said that Rattlecans were your friend. You gonna attempt airbrushing? Nice Anti-Security Paddle - That Lazerjock is a helluva guy. (y) I'm also going to be upgrading my Shin-Tools as well (I've got MoW right now) with the actual Patterson Squeege. Was thinking of shaping Plexiglass to get what I need. Again, I hope you're feeling better and look forward to seeing more of your progress.

Side note....Everytime I glance at your profile pic on here, which I know is Boba's shadow. I instantly think of the "The Xenomorph Warrior" from Alien....I don't know why.....hehehe. :lol:

Alien.jpg

-Iron

MinaFett
I hope all is ok with you and that you are on the mend! Good to hear your making progress with this though. I see you mixed paints. I know on your very first post you had said that Rattlecans were your friend. You gonna attempt airbrushing? Nice Anti-Security Paddle - That Lazerjock is a helluva guy. (y) I'm also going to be upgrading my Shin-Tools as well (I've got MoW right now) with the actual Patterson Squeege. Was thinking of shaping Plexiglass to get what I need. Again, I hope you're feeling better and look forward to seeing more of your progress.

Side note....Everytime I glance at your profile pic on here, which I know is Boba's shadow. I instantly think of the "The Xenomorph Warrior" from Alien....I don't know why.....hehehe. :lol:

View attachment 200418

-Iron

Thanks iron and lazerjock . I’m getting there slowly. :)
I’ve airbrushed some bits already. The shoulders and knees are airbrushed. I mixed my paints by hand for those as well. I’ve been matching the paints to my Pantone swatch book where possible. The collar is the last bit I need to paint for now. I may go over some bits again with a black wash mist using the airbrush.

Originally I was afraid to try airbrushing as I have issues with my hands. But I’ve found if I do shorter sessions I can handle it ok. :) Traditionally for my woodworking projects I’ve done combo of rattlecan and paint brush for finishing. So that is what I am most comfortable with.

I am ok with being compared to a xenomorph. They kick butt. ;) The picture as you mentioned is Bobas shadow. From memory I think I took it from a screen cap from a cloud city scene.

Last edited:
Been a long time since I’ve updated. Have had ongoing health and supply chain issues. I’ve actually started working on a praetorian guard while waiting for bits. :)

The green paint I mixed did not match as well as I hoped. Thankfully did it on test material before putting on my collar piece. I purchased a few more greens to try again. Was happy to find a Vallejo paint combo that appears close. Will give it a whirl when have better weather.

I’ve commissioned and received a replacement belt only from delta leather works. My old one was much too large.

Also been told that my jetpack is being worked on now. Hopefully will be finished soon.

Swapped out the foam in my gauntlets to stop the dig in/circulation cut off issues. It looks like with changes it doesn’t show as much and is way more comfortable. New one is thinner and less dense.
Side by side comparison of old and new foam. 65B7FD40-F4DA-4E73-AF88-94803785F517.jpeg29059219-01E4-4DC7-8314-FE563B85322E.jpeg69A41204-736C-4150-BECD-40E309F7047D.jpeg76750644-9B03-42B8-A9D9-131FB8446633.jpeg

Small update. I had to redo my tubing as it went all milky and tacky (ewww).

My local garrison had a photo shoot and used my helmet as a prop. I think the phone shot I took still looks pretty cool. Hoping to see the ones the photographer did as well.

I’ve actually started working on a TLJ Praetorian while I am waiting for the rest of my Fett bits to arrive. That build is progressing really well.

Attachments

• 63D88EAB-7088-4D5B-97D2-7FBC9E70DF93.jpeg
    63D88EAB-7088-4D5B-97D2-7FBC9E70DF93.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 143
  • D66C7E20-01E3-44CE-B5E2-5656B779D816.jpeg
    D66C7E20-01E3-44CE-B5E2-5656B779D816.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 133
Jetpack has arrived. I have added greeblies I bought separately. Also had to glue some bits on that came loose in transit. I still have to paint the beacon but the rest of it was painted by DVH.

Still mainly working on my praetorian build at this point. Once I finish my praetorian I will be back on my Fett build as a dedicated thing. Really keen to finish. The end is in sight. :)

Attachments

• 223FBE71-3427-4F65-A7C1-DBB325628399.jpeg
    223FBE71-3427-4F65-A7C1-DBB325628399.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 118
  • E262B221-6618-4EB3-9373-B9BE0F4CEEFC.jpeg
    E262B221-6618-4EB3-9373-B9BE0F4CEEFC.jpeg
    953.7 KB · Views: 116
Jetpack has arrived. I have added greeblies I bought separately. Also had to glue some bits on that came loose in transit. I still have to paint the beacon but the rest of it was painted by DVH.

Still mainly working on my praetorian build at this point. Once I finish my praetorian I will be back on my Fett build as a dedicated thing. Really keen to finish. The end is in sight. :)

awesome! lets see more!

This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back