Malc's ESB WIP Thread

Malc

New Hunter
Hi TDH! A little background on me: I’ve been a Fett fan my whole life and I’ve always wanted to put a high-end Fett build together. Almost 20 years ago I took the plunge and purchased a full build to the tune of a few thousand dollars which ended up being both horrible quality and severely damaged by the post office in transit. The experience and lost money from that build put me off the dream until about two years ago when I met some local Mandalorian Mercs who really got me motivated to join TDH and after a few months of lurking I gave in and started again. I'm creating this thread to help hold myself accountable to my goals

My immediate goal is to get to the point where I have a wearable costume by September 1. 501st application will come after and I will make upgrades as appropriate. I’m shooting for L1 first so I’m not entirely worried about L2 approval requirements at this time. I'd love any feedback or constructive criticism as well as your opinions on how to progress or things I've overlooked.

Here’s my current project status:

PartSourceStatus
FlightsuitArkadyWeathering needed
Hip PouchesArkadyWeathering needed
Neck SealArkadyWeathering needed
Flak VestArkadyWeathering needed
GlovesMike M.Weathering needed
CapeMan of WarWeathering needed
Wookie BraidsWoodmanComplete
Girth BeltMan of WarNeed to mount webbingBlack 1" webbing
Ammo BeltBobamaker/Delta LeatherworksWeathering needed2nd belt ordered from DL to compare for final build
Shoes + Toe SpikesWastedFettComplete
HelmetWF FPH-2 // SuperjediNeeds helmet band / Chinstrap / Fans / VBChin Cup received from DVH
Armor: Collar ArmorBobamakerFinished needs mounting
Armor: Right and Left BreastplatesBobamakerFinished needs mounting
Armor: Ab PlateBobamakerFinished needs mounting
Armor: Center DiamondBobamakerFinished needs mounting
Armor: BackplateBobamakerFinished needs mounting
Armor: CodpieceBobamakerFinished needs mounting + webbingGrey 1" webbing
Armor Kidney PlateBobamakerFinished needs mounting
Armor: Knee ArmorBobamakerFinished needs mounting + webbingWhite 1" elastic webbing
Armor: ShouldersBobamakerUnpainted
Armor: StudsMachineCraftRecieved, Unpainted
Armor: Left GauntletMan of WarReceived In-Progress
Armor: Right GauntletMan of WarReceived In-Progress
Armor: Gauntlet DartsMachineCraftReceived
Armor: Gauntlet LaserMachineCraftReceived
Knee DartsBobamakerComplete
Square Armor Attachment StudsMachine CraftUnpainted
JetpackDVHOrderedWinter
Jetpack StablizerMachine CraftReceived
Jetpack BeaconMachine CraftReceived / Needs electronics
Jetpack HarnessBigDaneUnassembled: Missing belt webbing
Jetpack Rings + Clips
Jetpack BuckleUS DiverComplete
Shin Tool: Anti-Security BladePatterson/MitchellComplete
Shin Tool: Jetpack Adjustment ToolComplete
Shin Tool Sonic Beam WeaponPattersonComplete
Shin Tool Survival KnifeComplete
Translucent Screen for Left Breastplate ElectronicsBobamakerRecieved
Breastplate electronics
Pulce 40 holsterBobamakerWeathering needed
Pulce 40 SidearmAndy MeyersComplete
E-11Andy MeyersComplete
E-11 shoulder strapAndy MeyersComplete

I have also amassed several extra pieces I can leverage including a full set of painted RKD plates, an extra DVH jetpack, a set of Man of War gloves which I've already upgraded, and a jumpsuit, flak vest, and neck seal which are too small for me.

Pics to follow!

Last edited:
MoW premium ESB cape
CCBB6167-3E17-4C4F-9C46-06F4E4234100.jpeg

WF shoes + Metal toe spikes
81238BE5-A490-44C7-B099-08353A212D37.jpeg

Arkady soft parts:
EC1CCE88-F326-4B1C-BCDC-8FC449CAD175.jpeg

MoW Gloves. I was unhappy with the stitching so I ordered another pair from Mike M.
3D5E8ED9-4748-4E1F-9206-A5D0350ED580.jpeg

MoW girth belt
93153253-0C18-4224-98CC-B2919E070FFB.jpeg

MoW Gauntlets + shin tools
ED11D158-261C-4E11-8E5C-D4347DE7E7C2.jpeg

BigDane Jepack and Bobamaker’s new ammo belt
4A3C5E56-964F-4C0D-934A-574F0CBC125C.jpeg

Pulce 40 sidearm and EE-3 by Andy Meyers Pulce Holster by Bobamaker
F90C3641-2F70-44A4-BFDA-3DFA59D8154F.jpeg

OK so I absolutely know I have a SE Fett helmet. I couldn’t resist Superjedi’s work on this but I’m getting a second helmet and will have it painted in the proper ESB scheme before I go for approval.

97692168-E9B9-46DB-8115-904ABA3787C7.jpeg

8840E2CD-37FC-4126-8D1A-E2382D0E2158.jpeg

Here’s my first partial suit-up shot taken on May 4 using the RKD plates, Arkady flightsuit, and the flack vest that’s a size too small for me. It felt pretty awesome to finally get far enough to put something on.

355B8B62-C2D4-4A27-9633-285FF7F99D66.jpeg

That table would be a really good resource for erveryone taking on a Fett project. You'd just need to copy that to track your own progress and not loos sight of anything!

I have a question regarding your plates. Just from looking at the pictures (a little hard to tell since you didnt actually war the BM plates), the BM plates look better imho then the RKD ones. I suspect that is because the retunr edge is better done and it doesnt look like a trapez, so to speak. Can you veryfy that?

Edit: Maybe also better curvature?

That table would be a really good resource for erveryone taking on a Fett project. You'd just need to copy that to track your own progress and not loos sight of anything!

I have a question regarding your plates. Just from looking at the pictures (a little hard to tell since you didnt actually war the BM plates), the BM plates look better imho then the RKD ones. I suspect that is because the retunr edge is better done and it doesnt look like a trapez, so to speak. Can you veryfy that?

Edit: Maybe also better curvature?
It's the curvature of the RKD plates. It's way too much. You can carefully heat them up and make them less curved. That's what I did. I had his V3 armor a few months before he passed away. The V3 armor is made for smaller people. That curve was my main issue. Not sure why it was made that curved? Far Away Creations took over all the vac molds and he produces RKD kits if anyone is interested in buying.

Sorry Malc for derail.

Also great build, quality parts!

Quick update:

After many moons I have finally been able to retrieve the Woodman Wookie braids and DVH rubber chin cup from my office mail room where they have lived since February. I've also upgraded a few pieces with MachineCraft parts and acquired some micro mega dental files for the jetpack and gauntlets.

As for actual projects, a few weekends ago I actually began prep work on the Man of War gauntlets and got my airbrush + compressor out of storage. Finally, I've decided that I need to do the character better justice and started a diet so that I look better when suited up. I'm down about 11 pounds so far... want to lose about 30 more by spring so I can start the con season in a good place!

Braids.jpg
Chin cup.jpg
Bits.jpg

Last edited:
Update: I've been slowly adding, re-buying, and upgrading my costume (reflected in the build table at the beginning of this post) Last week I got tired of seeing all these boxes full of stuff I love and bought a mannequin to wear my duplicate parts. He doesn't have Bracers yet but bonus improvement to my virtual meeting background.

Attachments

• Fett office.jpg
    Fett office.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 147
  • Fett Teams.png
    Fett Teams.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 141
Looks nice! Which mannequin is that? Or how did you get the arms positioned like that?
This is the one I got but as a warning it was like 3-4 inches taller than expected so it barely fits my spare jumpsuit. It has posable arms and wire fingers which was a feature I was looking for to recreate the classic Fett "blaster across the chest" pose.

Amazon.com: Male Mannequin, Flexible Posable Bendable Full-Size Soft -Black, by TK Products, Great for Costumes: Arts, Crafts & Sewing

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back