look what i've been making - pic intense

Ronin, have you done anything with your balls yet? :lol:

-=QuinN!

No, they are just laying around in my bedroom gathering dust :lol: (story of my life:lol: )

on a serious note the JP is almost done, just a little more attention to detail and then the thrusters.

will post soon (been busy modding my scratch built bucket for remoulding)

No, they are just laying around in my bedroom gathering dust :lol: (story of my life:lol: )

on a serious note the JP is almost done, just a little more attention to detail and then the thrusters.

will post soon (been busy modding my scratch built bucket for remoulding)

Well played,

I really let the dust build up on my scratchbuild 2.0 for the jet pack. I wanted to mold it up so i can make a sturdy reproduction and have a hollow inside for goodies and stuff. School must have gotten in the way and I put it off :facepalm .

Yours is definately looking kit worthy. Dunno if you have the resources but this turned out very nice

-=QuinN!

Its ok but the fuel cells are too narrow (should be approx 64mm in diameter and mine are only about 54mm wide). Still it will do as version 1. When i eventually finish it, I might think about upgrading the fuel cells to the correct width, then if i can figure out a feasible way to do it, i might cast it. Just got to get this bl00dy bucket finished first (it will be molded again next month).

thanks for all the really kind comments though guys, i feel kinda humbled as i know there are far better scratch built JP's out there.

I decided before i got any further with this bad boy that i would correct the fuel cells. The old one were far too narrow and thanks to Mandalore697 (Dan) i managed to get the correct size tubing. See what you all think.

There is a before photo and two modified.

1z.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Cheers guys. those comments mean a lot to me :)

once again, thanks Dan for the tubing. You are a star mate :cheers

That looks awesome mate, and a lot better too. I'm looking forward to seeing mine all completed now!

Yours is going to be the nuts mate. From the quick look i had at the weekend it is coming along really well (far better than mine buddy). at least yours is in proportion (ie the front panels)

Thanks for the kind words mate, I really hope I can make some progress soon. It's been sitting around for a while!

One thing I did notice though, I was looking at BM's pack on his site and noticed that the central column on his JP is the same width as the housing for the rocket. On yours it does look as if the central column is not as wide as the housing.

Perhaps you could add some filler to make these match up?

One thing I did notice though, I was looking at BM's pack on his site and noticed that the central column on his JP is the same width as the housing for the rocket. On yours it does look as if the central column is not as wide as the housing.

Perhaps you could add some filler to make these match up?

I tried to achieve a similar look to the JP shown here (i think it is a JP owned by Delta75). Not sure of the make though. Hope you don't mind me using one of your pics Delta75.

If you look at the bottom of my central column it is in fact nearly the same diameter as the rocket housing. Well spotted though mate (y)

IMG_0761.jpg

That Jet Pack is looking fantasic!! Great job! I am really looking forward to seeing it completed.

What size tubing did you end up using?

Alan

I tried to achieve a similar look to the JP shown here (i think it is a JP owned by Delta75). Not sure of the make though. Hope you don't mind me using one of your pics Delta75.

If you look at the bottom of my central column it is in fact nearly the same diameter as the rocket housing. Well spotted though mate (y)

Actually that is incorrect. The top of the column (above the keys) should be narrower than the bottom. It should be the same width through the middle portion, but the overall diameter of the top portion should be less than that at the very bottom of the jet pack. They should not be the same width as yours (and MLC) is.

Mitrinomon.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually that is incorrect. The top of the column (above the keys) should be narrower than the bottom. It should be the same width through the middle portion, but the overall diameter of the top portion should be less than that at the very bottom of the jet pack. They should not be the same width as yours (and MLC) is.

Mitrinomon.jpg

Another well spotted :) If fact through my own incompetence The rocket housing on mine is actually slightly smaller than the main column. So by getting it wrong i seem to have gotten it right :lol: (well almost, its near enough for me). Thanks for all the comments though guys, hopefully with your help i can make this thing look really good.

Last edited by a moderator:
That Jet Pack is looking fantasic!! Great job! I am really looking forward to seeing it completed.

What size tubing did you end up using?

Alan

For the rocket housing i used 100mm dia tubing (the main column isn't in fact tubing, but a piece of curled over plastic sheeting). For the fuel cells i used 68mm dia tubing (thanks Dan).

Oh and thanks Alan for the templates.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back