Letraset Dry Transfer Font - Folio Bold Condensed.

And here is Folio Medium at 7.6mm for pack although we were never able to positively ID all the characters.

Keep in mind the TTF's that are currently available vary slightly from the original dry transfers from Letraset.

Folio_Medium_7-6mm.png

Folio_Medium_7-6mm.png

Last edited:
Here is what we had come up with for the PP1 pack based on the 7.6mm Letraset letters... I can't remember if this was ever finalized or not, but for whatever it is worth, here it is.

PP1-Jetpack-Lettering-White-Right.pngPP1-Jetpack-Lettering-White-Left.png
PP1-Jetpack-Lettering-Tank-Right.pngPP1-Jetpack-Lettering-Tank-Left.png
PP1-Jetpack-Lettering-Center-Top.pngPP1-Jetpack-Lettering-Center-Bottom.png

PP1-Jetpack-Lettering-Center-Bottom.png

PP1-Jetpack-Lettering-Center-Top.png

PP1-Jetpack-Lettering-Tank-Left.png

PP1-Jetpack-Lettering-Tank-Right.png

PP1-Jetpack-Lettering-White-Left.png

PP1-Jetpack-Lettering-White-Right.png

Last edited:
And I am almost embarrassed to post these up because we never came close to finishing them, but here is as far as we got with the MoM pack based off Folio Medium.

MoM-Pack-Center-Top.png

MoM-Pack-Tank-Left.png

MoM-Pack-White_Right.png

MoM-Pack-Center-Top.png

MoM-Pack-Tank-Left.png

MoM-Pack-White_Right.png

Last edited:
I'm a bit confused! I know that the correct font size is 28, altough all the converters on the internet shows different values:

The height of the font is 7mm or font size 19.92 in US and UK or 18.62 in Europe (or 26.45 pixel or 0.2756 inch).

I did a test print and the font size 20 was wrong, so a gradualy increased the font size until I got the font size 28, which for me gived exactly 7.0mm and not 7.6mm.

The other thing that I don't understand from Art's post(s) is if this font was a known Letraset font or not, because all my searches were with no result(s).

Last edited by a moderator:
The thread title was changed and the beginning of the first post was updated with new informations:

It seems that this Letraset font was already known by some members to be the one used on the Pre-Pro #3 and the ESB Hero helmets, but was never posted on the forums. I did a search on the forums for this font and all the results were negative.
I will resume this thread from a found font to a simple font presentation.

I'm a bit confused! I know that the correct font size is 28, altough all the converters on the internet shows different values:

I did a test print and the font size 20 was wrong, so a gradualy increased the font size until I got the font size 28, which for me gived exactly 7.0mm and not 7.6mm.

Keep in mind, as I mentioned earlier that the TTF font is not exact to the dry transfers.

Here is where we are coming up with 28pt being 7.6mm. This is a scan from my 1976 Letraset Catalog which shows samples of all of their dry transfer fonts.

letraset-folio-bold-condensed.jpg

letraset-folio-bold-condensed.jpg

Last edited:
It seems that this Letraset font was already known by some members to be the one used on the Pre-Pro #3 and the ESB Hero helmets, but was never posted on the forums. I did a search on the forums for this font and all the results were negative.
I will resume this thread from a found font to a simple font presentation.

Sorry about that. Not trying to steal your thunder or withhold information. You have done an amazing amount of detective work here and that should not go unnoticed.

Unfortunately, I thought the Letraset thing was well known and published. Tylerdurden (Dan) is the one who positively IDed the fonts about 8 years ago. I know their was debate about the size, but I didn't realize people weren't aware of what fonts were used. This is why we should be populating the wiki! Actually... if you look in the wiki, we do have an entry for Letraset Dry transfers, but we never filled it out. :(

Keep in mind, as I mentioned earlier that the TTF font is not exact to the dry transfers.

Here is where we are coming up with 28pt being 7.6mm. This is a scan from my 1976 Letraset Catalog which shows samples of all of their dry transfer fonts.

View attachment 60193

You are right on the difference between the Letraset and TTF font and the difference is under 1mm (more exactly 0.6mm) which is a huge deal in a small scale.

Sorry about that. Not trying to steal your thunder or withhold information. You have done an amazing amount of detective work here and that should not go unnoticed.

Unfortunately, I thought the Letraset thing was well known and published. Tylerdurden (Dan) is the one who positively IDed the fonts about 8 years ago. I know their was debate about the size, but I didn't realize people weren't aware of what fonts were used. This is why we should be populating the wiki! Actually... if you look in the wiki, we do have an entry for Letraset Dry transfers, but we never filled it out. :(

The use of the Letraset lettering was a public knowledge, but not the specific font used. The fact that this particular font was never posted(?) on the forums made me to search for it. But now this is all public and the hunt begin for the accurate Letraset sheet.

Updated the end of the first post with 2 (A4 and LTR) transparent PNG files with a replica Letraset Folio Bold Condensed sheet for anybody would like to use it.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back