Lazerjock's ROTJ Hero Fett Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found this at Home Depot.
I saw the yellow frog tape too, but they only had it in 1.88" so I decided to try the Scotch brand low tack since it was .94".

You'll have to let us know whatcha think of that stuff. (y) I see it says "Gentle Removal" on the package.....Gentle, by what standard I wonder? ;)

-Iron

Sorry to hear about the helmet redo. You are braver than I on that count. I got someone else to paint my helmet. Your redo looks great. I hope my redos come out as nice.

I’ve used the Tamiya tapes on smaller bits. Works just as well if not better than frog tape. No paint bleed or stripping of paint. Also they make curved tape which is great for rounded bits.

Side note if I have my conversion from mm to inch correct.They do make a smaller thinner frog tape. .94 inch 24mm.

Today I painted the lower mandibles. Sorry I only took pictures at the end.

FYI the Scotch brand Delicate masking tape works great!

20200812_171345.jpg
20200812_171348.jpg

I am having a hard time keeping motivated to work on my helmet. The wife says (and I agree), if you're not in the right mind set, don't work on it, you won't be happy with the results.

On a different note my soft parts showed up today!!!!

This completes all of my purchases. Now I just need to finish the build. No more excuses. Lol

I am having a hard time keeping motivated to work on my helmet. The wife says (and I agree), if you're not in the right mind set, don't work on it, you won't be happy with the results.

On a different note my soft parts showed up today!!!!

This completes all of my purchases. Now I just need to finish the build. No more excuses. Lol

I’m the same. If the mojo is slightly off, then mistakes are made. Take it easy and you’ll get there.

I certainly think you can get 'Fett fatigue'. I had to put it all away the other week as it wasn't fun.

Cheer yourself up and look at my cod... it's hideous :lol:

I’m the same. If the mojo is slightly off, then mistakes are made. Take it easy and you’ll get there.
AND, when the mojo happens, you can't ignore it.
10:30 at night...watching X-Files re-runs (of course ) and I look over and see mr.unfinished-helmet looking at me, and that's it...I have to get up, tape it up, which, in itself could take 1/2 an hour, do the deed, live with it for few minutes, inspect, inevitably find something else to add....then it's 3am. Oh look...I have to get up for work in 4 hours....

Yeah....that's a thing.

Keep up the awesome work!
Definitely switch it up at times when you are not in the mood or take a little break. I’m the same way with sculptures, sometimes I can even make it worse if I keep working when I’m not feeling it.
Doing something else clears the mind a bit and I actually start looking forward to the project again.

By the way, folks like me may not post that much, but be assured we are watching these progress threads with great interest and awe.
Your work is very inspiring and it’s a lot of fun to watch.

Keep up the awesome work!
Definitely switch it up at times when you are not in the mood or take a little break. I’m the same way with sculptures, sometimes I can even make it worse if I keep working when I’m not feeling it.
Doing something else clears the mind a bit and I actually start looking forward to the project again.

By the way, folks like me may not post that much, but be assured we are watching these progress threads with great interest and awe.
Your work is very inspiring and it’s a lot of fun to watch.

Wow! Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back