JSmails BOBF Boba WIP

So I found someone on Etsy for the soft parts and the soft parts are in.

www.etsy.com/listing/1176444952

The picture shows they used white thread for the lines, but I requested black poly thread, so that it shines with light on it. I just don’t think white thread is correct.

Anyway, here is my daughter wearing it.

The only thing that is a little “off” is the shoulder flaps could use some quilting and there shouldn’t be sewn lines on the forearms. Everything else looks great and she loves it.

Does anyone have a BOBF gun belt template? I’d really rather not mock up everything if someone already has a pattern.

Thanks.

The hardest part of this build is that they changed everything, not only from M2, but from the OG. Literally everything. So everything had to be done custom. It’s hard.

Anyway, here is her armor after the final coat. I just have to wait for it to dry, then pull off the toothpaste, then weather it. She’ll then have all the armor except the backplate.

Which is also custom. Ugh.

JSmails
The things we do for our kids, eh?
1662739119417.png

So, me and the family we're watching ROTJ last year, a few days before Halloween. At this point I had my ROTJ Fett costume pretty dialed in (I still find myself doing upgrades to it though) and at the end of the movie my daughter asked me if she could join me in costume at next years Community Halloween Star Wars display. I said "Sure which costume did you want to me to build?". She said "That disguise that Princess Leia wears when she goes to Jabba's Castle". She then took out her iPad and googled this image and said "This one!"...
1662740474156.png

...and thus began my long research, painting and assembly on the Boushh costume. And 10 months later, here was that result!
Boba and Boushh.jpg

(That's me with my daughter)

So I get it.....as a father, building something like this for a daughter (or Son) instills you with a sense of pride!
1662740766927.png

Getting closer with the belt. This really is taking forever.
What can I say? Welcome to the joys of Cosplay Construction!
For a budget BOBF, I think you're doing a great job! Keep it up, you daughter looks like she definitely approves.
1662741055317.png

Best,
-Iron

JSmails
The things we do for our kids, eh?
View attachment 228518

So, me and the family we're watching ROTJ last year, a few days before Halloween. At this point I had my ROTJ Fett costume pretty dialed in (I still find myself doing upgrades to it though) and at the end of the movie my daughter asked me if she could join me in costume at next years Community Halloween Star Wars display. I said "Sure which costume did you want to me to build?". She said "That disguise that Princess Leia wears when she goes to Jabba's Castle". She then took out her iPad and googled this image and said "This one!"...
View attachment 228519

...and thus began my long research, painting and assembly on the Boushh costume. And 10 months later, here was that result!
View attachment 228520
(That's me with my daughter)

So I get it.....as a father, building something like this for a daughter (or Son) instills you with a sense of pride!
View attachment 228521

What can I say? Welcome to the joys of Cosplay Construction!
For a budget BOBF, I think you're doing a great job! Keep it up, you daughter looks like she definitely approves.
View attachment 228522

Best,
-Iron
Thanks for stopping in! Great Boushh and Fett. :)

Today I had the fun job of doubling all armor. Unlike all other Fett armor, BOBF armor is TWO layers.

Instead of just going around the edges with another layer, I decided to glue an entire piece on the armor. Don’t do it.

Anyway, now I have to paint the edges and dull coat that, WITHOUT messing up the top paint job.

Now that this is done, I’m hoping to get the completed pieces on her vest soon. Soon she’ll really start looking like Boba.

And here are a couple references showing that every chest piece is double-layered.

Lots of changes today. I had finished modding the gauntlets over the weekend, and started painting, but today my order from 3DCauldron came in with new gauntlets, the EE-3, and the jetpack
I believe. They have a Halloween sale on their site, so if you’re looking for top eschelon BOBF 3D prints, head over there.

I’m going to be sanding, priming, and gluing for a while.

I also got my shoulder armor from Clever3DStudio on Etsy and I started sanding, priming, sanding, and I got the undercoat of silver done.

I am nearly done with the belt. I have the leather belt secured in place on the girth belt. I just have to make the back part and figure out what the “gold” things are on the back of the girth belt. I’ll probably just look for a shiny goldish thick fabric, denim, or vinyl, and attach that.

Here are some pics.

Finished the shoulder bells today. I had painted them, and put some toothpaste where the damage is, on Monday. Today I got to take the toothpaste off and paint on more damage, weather, and dull coat so they are ready to wear.

After dull coat:

Bottom:

They just need to be Velcro’d in place and I’m done with one more thing. Started work on my THIRD pair of gauntlets for this costume. 3D print so lots of sanding and bondo and gluing together.

More to do. I’d like her to be able to wear this on Halloween in one form or another.

JSmails
Them that there Shoulder Armor turned out great, as did the belt! You got yourself 11 days, much can be accomplished during that time. Even if it isn't fully completed, she should still rock it on Halloween night!
:cool: (y)

I went without my Mythosaur Shoulder bell my first time out - long story there. But everyone knew who I was.
;)

-Iron

I figured out what I wanted to do with the back and sewed it up. I’ll have to fit it to her soon. Hopefully I have some leeway on one end to wrap it tight. We will see.

I finally gave up and just made the brass plates out of white soft/flexible plastic. I’ll paint those pieces up and weather them and try to get them close enough. Then I’ll hope the paint doesn’t peel.

Not completely screen accurate, but I hope close enough as that part is under the jetpack anyway.

In the runup to Halloween, I’m working on this around the clock. Unfortunately, I don’t think there is any way to get the jetpack done in time. Everything else, maybe.

Here are a lot of pics of progress.

I didn’t like how long the belt cylinders were, so I cut a CM out of each of them and reattached.

Here are a few cut down cylinders vs an intact one. I like the length way more.

After the cylinders weee cut down, I sprayed the top and bottom silver so that I can get the silver rings. After that dried, I had to tape every single cylinder. Twice. OMG. Tedious.

Here are all of them taped up and ready for the bronze spray.

On to the knees.

Then later after damage etc. Ready for weathering.

Weathering.

Only thing left is dullcoat.

Gauntlets done. Ready for weathering.

I have to run. More soon.

Had to spray another coat of dull coat on the bottoms of the gauntlets. Where was I? :)

I weathered the gauntlet tops. Then dull coated the gauntlets and the knees. Here they are ready to wear.

Here are the gauntlet bottoms. The left has been weathered, the right, not.

Both have been weathered and have been dull coat sprayed. Just waiting for them to dry.

Back to the cylinders.

Here they are, sprayed, and weathered.

And finally, I got to pull off all that tape. Here is what that looks like.

And here are all of them.

I was going to dull coat them, but they are shiny in many, many references. Especially in sunlight. So I gloss coated them to see what that looks like. I’m waiting for them to fully dry to put them on the belt and see what that looks like.

Back to work.

JSmails
Looks really good sir! Keep up the good work!
(y) :cool:

The Jetpack is an absolute beast to complete and you've got less than a week. Mine took nearly a month to do and that was just casually pecking away at it during the work week and then hitting it hard on the weekends. If you have to go without, then so be it. Boba is seen a few times without his JP on, so it wouldn't be too out of the norm.

Best,
-Iron

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back