JSmails BOBF Boba WIP

Now for something different, back to the spats.

I finished one spat today. When I made them originally, I made them a little too long so they dragged when she walked. Also, I hadn’t put the straps on yet.

A word of caution, it may seem like a cost effective idea to make the spats out of pleather like I did. And a yard of vinyl costs like $18 which makes both spats, the belt, and tons left over.

What you save in money, you lose in time and frustration. Sewing vinyl isn’t smart or easy to do. And with all the stitch lines on the spats, it’s a nightmare. I had to take apart my machine and clean it out 4 times doing just the straps. Thin leather doesn’t have problems like vinyl. It doesn’t tear apart and get pushed down into the machine by the needle. What I was hoping would take maybe and hour for both took me 3 hours for one due to all the maintenance.

Anyway, I’ll do the other one when I have more time and EXPECT 3 hours instead of being surprised by it tonight.

I still have to weather the new stitches and straps. Here are the pics.

Finished with the spats. All straps sewn on and weathered.

The next steps are going to be no fun at all. I have to figure a way to get the backplate/jetpack on her AND I have to figure out how to get the hoses to work to the gauntlet.

I haven’t been looking forward to those two steps. At all.

Ish. It’s been too long since I updated. I’ve kind of taken a break after the jet pack and the runup to Christmas. I had 2 troops as Vader in 4 days, so that took all my time.

Anyway, getting closer on the holster.

I cut out a piece of thick leather to glue onto my thin leather. Plus all the belt stuff etc. Here it is installed.

And with the blaster.

I just have to figure out the around the leg strap, then I think I’m done with the belt.

Always more to do.

Really? None of them?

I didn’t do anything different. I see them. I’ll start attaching them here, I guess, but it’s way easier to host everything on Imgur.

Or.

79CE8C1A-FBED-4E5A-8A37-3E9005E908C4.jpeg

I think I’m done with the belt. The only thing I’d really need to add is the support leather/velcro behind the holster.

I finished the leg loop and the top strap.

6F709722-ABE4-4812-92C0-67B9D66BA95C.jpeg

A few more things to do, of course, but I may take some time off for a bit.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back