Journeyman's ESB Jumpsuit w/ vest

Lookin Good JMP.
I should get my set soon and cant wait to get to work.
Hope they come out this good.
Aren't you the same guy that was afraid to paint his helmet because he would mess up?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that's still me lol. Nice thing about the gauntlets is that reference material is sparce, so who can say that I screwed them up? For the helmet though, reference material is abundant. The bar is much higher ;)

Thanks guys,
Phil

Be very careful with the sealer you choose. I discovered the hard way that many clearcoats will turn nice chrome paint a dull color.

Last edited:
that looks pretty cool man! For ESB that is :evil

it isn't too late to switch over to the true path.... ROTJ!!!

Appolo, you're so lucky I'm not a mod . . you'd be banned for a statement like that! :lol:

Jer

Yeah, get 'im outta here!

lol, thanks guys :)

BB, I'm not sure yet which sealant I'll use, of if any yet. The gauntlet came out pretty flat and subdued after the charcoal, so I may not need to seal it yet. On the armor I might use the topical method, so I could seal the base color before applying the chrome...

We'll see :)

Phil

:eek: those are awesome JMP. :eek:
The weathering looks sweet. your costume so far is just awesome. :cheers
keep up the great work. :)

nah, they're actually Boba Phett's. :)

Thanks for the kind words guys, I'm really psyched about how this costume will come together. I hope I can maintain the patience I've had for these first few pieces :)

Phil

Thanks alot for those pictures Phil I really wanted to see comarison pictures of all the helmets. By the way, are you going to apply the weathering topicaly??

Another question, is the RF you will use for the MHK the same size as a the RF of your regular DP??

Thanks.

no problem on the pics, I'd wanted to take some anyway. The weathering will be applied topically, I only hope to do it well :)

I'll be using an aluminum RF from RA. The DP's, I believe, are too small.

Phil

Well, I won't answer for him, but the one I'll use for my Mystery helmet is gonna be taller at least. I don't know why they made the DP helmet with such a short RF (except maybe for the box), but even with the smaller helmet, the RF stalk is still not to scale. So, if you get one of those helmets, you'll probably want to make an all new stalk for the RF. it's kinda funny how the DP really looked ok to me until I got my mystery helmet. Now the Dp looks like a deformed dwarf fett helmet.

Thanks JM :) I hope to begin weathering it within the next week or so :) Let's hope it continues to be a nice helmet ;)

Phil

That pic of Fett ESB, is the best reference pic I've seen of him (correct me if I'm wrong..)

mereel-88.jpg

it's from Star Wars Topps Magazine, issue #1 I believe. It was a pullout poster. Magazine has long since been discontinued :(

Phil

Looks like you nailed the color there JMP! After a bit of fading & some weathering that should be a spot on match! (at least it looks pretty darn accurate to me anyway!) Cant wait to see the final jumpsuit! (y)

I also got a Fett Topps magazine - however the pull-out is ROTJ.
Your stuff really looks cool, phil!

Mardon

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back