Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest

This has been bugging me so I thought I should post and see what you guys think.
I don't want to offend anyone, so don't take this the wrong way.

I've been wondering why every Joker shirt selling on ebay or fan made is really poorly fitted.. the jokers shirt is ment to be fitted and his trousers are slim fit with slight jack ups :O

I don't understand why some people spend all this money on the look, but when it comes to the fit its baggy and looks abit halloween costume

any thoughts?

I've had that same thought. I'm having all my Joker related stuff completely tailored to fit me exactly. I think the stuff on ebay and such is meant to be taken to a tailor and fitted after your purchase. As for the fan made stuff, different people have different levels of talent/different resources available so things will fit better for some than others.

That said, this is my first post! Hello all!

This has been bugging me so I thought I should post and see what you guys think.
I don't want to offend anyone, so don't take this the wrong way.

I've been wondering why every Joker shirt selling on ebay or fan made is really poorly fitted.. the jokers shirt is ment to be fitted and his trousers are slim fit with slight jack ups :O

I don't understand why some people spend all this money on the look, but when it comes to the fit its baggy and looks abit halloween costume

any thoughts?

i'm glad somebody else recognizes that. i tapered my pinstriped pants, my vest and coat are form fitting, etc. the joker's look was after all inspired by a bunch of punk rockers and stuff but still keeping with high fashion. which is slim nowadays.

just out of my own curiosity, how much have you people spent in time/money thus far on your joker costumes?

I did an estimate not long ago... it came to approx. $233, but I think I forgot to include some transfers I'd bought for the suspenders. ~_~ And I've forgotten his freakin chain. Hot Topic requires I have a credit card to buy that $6 one. I'll open a checkings one day *exhale*

any thoughts?

I'm custom making EVERYTHING except his socks. ~.~ But you're right, it does look Halloweenish when you buy the cheaper material, but it makes sense if you're only going to wear it for one night. Why spend "real suit" money for one wearing? I plan on wearing this on a couple events, so that's why I'm investing in quality. And there are some people who just want the look. Accuracy means nothing to some. *heart breaks*

I'm custom making EVERYTHING except his socks. ~.~ ...

That brings me to another question to people making stuff from scratch. has ANYONE found purple pinstripe fabric?

If you're going the "find a light colored natural fabric with white pinstripes and dye it" route, have you had any success??

That brings me to another question to people making stuff from scratch. has ANYONE found purple pinstripe fabric?

If you're going the "find a light colored natural fabric with white pinstripes and dye it" route, have you had any success??

dye is being a pain in the a** for me, ive been dying these light grey with white pinstriped pants for about a week, and they are almost lavender. pants that are purple on ebay are ridiculous in cost, i found the perfect pair and the lady wanted like 300.OO for them, they were some ralph lauren collection, but they were awesome. If i cant get the pants down then the whole thing is kinda pointless , my lady is already watching my spending like a hawk now, she hasnt been to happy with me lately over this whole "joker madness" i cant and i wont ( because even i know when to draw the line) spend 100+ on pants that will be worn one night and then ...... yeah done. so far im into this thing way deep and its still not close to a test run

I have some purple pinstripe fabric. My pants are currently being made. From my estimations based on photos and the size of my own hands, the width between the white stripes(the part that's purple) are about 1/8-1/4 of an inch wider than what they had Heath in. It's a poly/wool blend.

Tomorrow I get my purple cashmere for the overcoat.

Go to steveandbarrys and check out sarah jessica parkers 'bitten' collection. They have purple pin stripe pants with silver stripes in the right shade for VERY cheap they are womens but they look great - They COULD use minor tweaking.

Hello everybody,

I am a little worried, I haven't heard anything from Kwally and don't know the status of the order of the fabric nor the receipt of payment.

Has anybody heard anything about it?

There have been no major updates yet, as we're still in that 3 week period he said it would take to get done. He's also a very busy guy, so there is no point in updating daily with a, "no news yet" response. All the news I've seen can be found here: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=27780
and that's because there were one too many impatient, crybabies whining... have some patience guys. We're getting closer.

Has anyone found any accurate Joker gloves yet? The closest I've been able to find is at Leather Gloves Online. http://www.leatherglovesonline.com/pages2/wd2a-cs4801.htm

The purple gloves have a similar handsewn style stitching to the fingers (though the contrast color of the stitches would have to be corrected), and the color is the right shade, but the button on the back of the wrist is wrong and there's no inner wrist strap. I'd be tempted to pic these up but I'm hesitant to drop over $60 on gloves which aren't 100% screen accurate.

To be accurate they'd have to be that deep purple (technically a "plum" or "grape" color), drop about a half inch past the wrist, have three lines stitched on the back of the hands, a buckled strap on the inner wrist and hand sewn fingers.

So, any leads to proper purple leather joker gloves in a size 8.5?

~Morgan

Has anyone found any accurate Joker gloves yet? The closest I've been able to find is at Leather Gloves Online. http://www.leatherglovesonline.com/pages2/wd2a-cs4801.htm

The purple gloves have a similar handsewn style stitching to the fingers (though the contrast color of the stitches would have to be corrected), and the color is the right shade, but the button on the back of the wrist is wrong and there's no inner wrist strap. I'd be tempted to pic these up but I'm hesitant to drop over $60 on gloves which aren't 100% screen accurate.

To be accurate they'd have to be that deep purple (technically a "plum" or "grape" color), drop about a half inch past the wrist, have three lines stitched on the back of the hands, a buckled strap on the inner wrist and hand sewn fingers.

So, any leads to proper purple leather joker gloves in a size 8.5?

~Morgan

http://www.leatherglovesonline.com/pages2/mwi1a-ew3015.htm?Shopzilla

They don't come in purple, but there are ways to fix that. ;)

Please correct me if I am wrong, but...

TODAY IS THE DAY!

THREE WEEKS HAVE COME AND GONE!

HALLOWEEN IS COMING UP SOON!

ANY UPDATE ON THE STATUS OF OUR ORDER!

(y)(y)(y)(y) (y)(y)(y)(y) (y)(y)(y)(y) (y)(y)(y)(y) (y)(y)(y)(y) (y)(y)(y)(y)

Last edited by a moderator:
From Kwally:

I actually am going to receive the test run tomorrow or friday. After the color and scale is approved, it will only take a couple days to print all 400 yards. I will then cut and ship within 24 hours of receiving the fabric. So as of right now, you should be receiving the fabric with ample time before Halloween. Thanks for being so patient guys! This is turning out to be a huge success!

(y)(y)(y)(y) (y)(y)(y)(y) (y)(y)(y)(y) (y)(y)(y)(y) (y)(y)(y)(y) (y)(y)(y)(y) (y)(y)(y)(y) (y)(y)(y)(y) (y)(y)(y)(y)

From Kwally:

I actually am going to receive the test run tomorrow or friday. After the color and scale is approved, it will only take a couple days to print all 400 yards. I will then cut and ship within 24 hours of receiving the fabric. So as of right now, you should be receiving the fabric with ample time before Halloween. Thanks for being so patient guys! This is turning out to be a huge success!

(y)(y)(y)(y) (y)(y)(y)(y) (y)(y)(y)(y) (y)(y)(y)(y) (y)(y)(y)(y) (y)(y)(y)(y) (y)(y)(y)(y) (y)(y)(y)(y) (y)(y)(y)(y)

YES! (y)(y)(y)

Originally Posted by tick-tock
viewpost.gif

http://www.leatherglovesonline.com/p....htm?Shopzilla

They don't come in purple, but there are ways to fix that. ;)

Hey, have someone fix the color problem???
How do you do to change leather gloves' color??

good to hear on the fabric!

also, I found those gloves earlier last week. I've been debating picking them up, but 60 is a bit more than I'd like to spend on gloves. Unless someone chimes in with a surefire way to dye these puppies that is.

Go to steveandbarrys and check out sarah jessica parkers 'bitten' collection. They have purple pin stripe pants with silver stripes in the right shade for VERY cheap they are womens but they look great - They COULD use minor tweaking.

for the life of me i can't find what you're talking about! could you give link by link or click by click details?

good to hear on the fabric!

also, I found those gloves earlier last week. I've been debating picking them up, but 60 is a bit more than I'd like to spend on gloves. Unless someone chimes in with a surefire way to dye these puppies that is.

neopaquejx9.jpg

Used on black gloves:
GlovesTexture.jpg

:)

~Morgan
Well I bought these: http://shop.vendio.com/theprimroselane/item/989475259/?s=1223462109 because they were the most accurate from this:
batman-dark-knight-joker.jpg
and hand-stitched the lines. There're also these: http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...110944&ci_sku=B001BO21SI&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001
which need some tayloring too. As for the buckles - shoot. never noticed those before. The costume designer for Joker really just wanted to make this difficult for us fanatics. XC

That is awesome. *highfive*

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back