Joe's Jango WIP

HI Joe,

Just look at the piano hinge and you will see small divots where a punch was driven in to lock the pin in place. Simple get a small flat head screwdriver and pry those spots up gently. You should be able to drive out the in easily after. Remember you only need to have one removable hinge pin per gauntlet.
I'm not sure if I understand. I didn't ask MinuteFett about it yet either.

hinge.jpg

Are you saying for this hole punch looking piece in the middle I'll need to wedge a flathead in to try and bend it out? Do I have to jam in the small flathead screwdriver to get the pin/stick out of it first?

Look at segment 2 and 8 on the right side and you can see the small dimples. Flip the hinge over and pry up those spots just a bit and the pin can be driven out. I then sand the pin just a bit so it slides easier.

Last edited:
So a small update... Perhaps, someone who is looking at this thread saw my for sale thread about giving up on this build.

I felt extremely overwhelmed last week when I got my Bobamaker vest and Bobamaker flight suit and wanted to completely give up since it seems every time I think I'm taking a step forward I'm taking a step back.

I put it on over a t shirt and tried to suit up with Cruzer's leatherwork and there are some things wrong.

The Bobamaker vest is quite large. It seemed about 44 inch chest and it's a straight down seam so the waist is 44 inches or so. It's very massive. My real measurements are about 42 inch chest and 36 inch waist.

The flight suit seemed good, but it was very tight across my belly button. It felt like it was 35 inches, which is my waist tight or when I'm very skinny. I removed the elastic bunching in the back of the flight suit and overall the fit of the suit is good now. Similar to my Boba flight suit from BobaMaker, but that one is larger at 43 inch chest and 38 inch waist, but with the elastic still in it fits me a little big but workable.

Anyways, when talking with Cruzer he mentioned for my leather measurements to use my t-shirt and measure across my navel, which now and at the time is about 35 inches across my belly button with just a t-shirt, but that is measured tightly. I gave Cruzer the 35 inches, which is exactly what the leather is made to specifically the girth belt and pistol holster black webbed belt and it's way too tight with my flight suit and flak vest on. With the t-shirt, flight suit and flak vest I'm sitting at around 37 inches at my navel/belly button. It hurts to put on this girth belt and it sits very high in relation to where the holsters should lay. I can adjust it to compensate for it to go farther down onto the right part of my thigh, but honestly it's just too tight. I put some photos of me with about a 1-inch gap in the back and it feels like a corsette and it's a little harder to breathe with it this tight. I can get it on, but there is no way the cod plate and the piece of leather that should cover where it's tied up will be able to fit underneath since I'm already bursting out near my hips/butt.

The biggest lesson that I hope if someone is reading this learns is buy your soft goods first, then your armor, and then your leather. In other words, buy it layer by layer inner-most to outer-most. I made the mistake of trying to purchase everything at the same time similar to a checklist and I'm paying for it with my own inexperience with measurements and how the costume should lay on my body proportions. If I had my soft goods and armor first I could've figured out where the girth belt needed to lay and get the appropriate measurement the first time. It's honestly just a mistake of impatience since I was trying to get everything purchased to be ready as fast as possible.

Cruzer was super nice about it and offered to replace it once I get my armor and everything situated so I get the right measurements, but still I feel bad for Cruzer and pretty upset with myself for making such a preventable mistake.

You can see the BobaMaker vest is just straight up big on me. I dropped it off at the tailor and they will be taking it in about 2 inches in total so it should fit much better to my body.

Sorry for the novel on this post, but man I am feeling very discouraged when it comes to finishing Jango right now, but my girlfriend talked me out of completely selling everything and giving up completely, so I'll keep going and learn from my mistakes with this build.

bobamaker vest.jpg

bobamaker jumpsuit.jpg

jango fett soft parts 2.JPG

jango fett soft parts.JPG

Last edited:
I don't see anything there that can't be resolved so don't give up! The flightsuit looks like a good fit but if it is snug in the waist or torso, perhaps you could get it altered and get some mesh sewn in the back for breathability, the suit gets hots. Sounds like you have the vest under control, a slight taper on the sides to the waist. It shouldn't be expensive as the vest is unlined.

The girth looks fine and you can open it up a bit in the back since this gets covered by the leather flap back there. The holsters can be adjusted upwards by moving the straps. Ideally they should be on the middle hole, just like wearing a belt. But the holsters should hang a little low, you will see when you start placing the thigh armor and knees and such. Don't just look in the mirror, have you r girlfriend take a pic from a distance and zoom in for better perspective.

I appreciate the kind words bigkidbiggertoys. Also I didn't think about adding mesh. Right now the flight suit actually fits pretty well. I did a stress test just lounging around the house since it was cold and for a costume I felt like it fit well. A little tight around the neck, but not a big deal. Costumes aren't really "comfortable" anyways.

I ended putting the holsters at the longest length in these photos since they sit way too high in proportion to my knees to be able to put the girth belt on. I look at the Jango Fett CRL and I see SEEKER has his end of the holster a little past where the knees sit. As well as all of the reference photos I see of the costume the holsters definitely got a little past the top of the knee armor.

My waist is a 35 inch snug, which I understand for an accurate Jango you do want the girth snug without depending on velcro/snaps to the vest, but my hips are about 38 inches where my hip bone starts and I think right now it sits too high in these photos. I can't really lower the girth belt because of my hips and letting it out maybe more than another inch will make the back gap too big to be covered by the leather piece.

I'm thinking I'll need a 37-38 inch girth belt for it to fit on my body proportions, but it's too hard to tell yet without my armor for proportion.

Last edited:
1610659044784.png

You are correct about the holsters hanging low to the knees and if you look at this pic, the wearer has moved the screw post to the second hole from the top. The only thing I can really notice is the width of the girth belt. As yo can see in this pic only one or two strands are visible above and below the ammo pouches. I calculate about 21 strands in total but it will need to be adjusted to the wearer and different ammo belt makers.

bigkidbiggertoys I'm looking at the fit of his girth and it looks like it's big on him since it's definitely sitting on his hips at the bottom of the girth and it's tilted/angled forward sitting low in front and higher in the back.

I do see what you mean about the width of the girth though since the ammo pouches cover most of it. Cruzer did mention needing to cut off up to 3 of them being possible depending on the torso of the wearer.

Looks like in addition to getting a bigger girth/pistol holster belt it's possible I'll need to cut off some braids.

Don’t give up! It’s all worth it in the end. I have been working on my Jango on and off for about 4 years. Life just got busy after adding kids. I just started back up on the jetpack and making progress. Hang in there.

Well this build has become a point of stress for me. Instead of being something fun and exciting... All I can see is obstacles and it's not helping my mental health with work being pretty stressful as well.

I've listed pretty much everything I purchased in the Cargo Hold.

If for some reason it doesn't sell maybe sometime in the future I'll pick this build up again, but it's just too overwhelming. Thanks everyone for the advice, encouragement, and input.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back