Jango Poncho

whojedi

Active Hunter
After watching the deleted scenes on the DVD, I have started my latest Jango upgrade...

The poncho!!!

I always thought that these things looked pretty cool, ala Clint Eastwood in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. But now, the baddest bounty hunter ever gets to sport one. Very, very cool.

I don't know if I will ever wear it out trooping, but I have already started working on it.

Got Maul

Well-Known Hunter
I was looking at that...very interesting, keep us updated man. What material are you looking on using ?

gm

Last edited by a moderator:

SEEKER

Well-Known Hunter
I have something for you whojedi - when i get home :)

Bountys Hunted

Well-Known Hunter
I was wondering about how long it would take for that to get started here!!

TDH!! The only place to hang out!

;)

whojedi

Active Hunter
Excellent Seeker, you probably have a poncho just laying around there don't you?

BTW, if you haven't watched the web documentaries on the DVD yet, check it out, especially the one called "Bucket Head", very cool stuff...

Got Maul

Well-Known Hunter
Jay, how do I navigate to the Bucket head on AOTC DVD ?

whojedi

Active Hunter
Just go to Disc 2, and it is under the Web Documentaries. Then go to Next Page. I think it is number 9 or something around there.

SEEKER

Well-Known Hunter
whojedi - yeah i saw that way back then when it was out in starwars.com. very cool heh? great jango shots - specially now thats full screen. I like the umbrella shot :)

SEEKER

Well-Known Hunter
Here's some reference shots for you.

<image src=http://www.r2ro.com/images/jangoponcho.jpg>

<image src=http://www.r2ro.com/images/jangoponcho1.jpg>

<image src=http://www.r2ro.com/images/jangoponcho2.jpg>

whojedi

Active Hunter
Excellent, I was trying to decide whether it was a dark blue or black, but it definately looks blue in those photos, anyone agree or disagree?

Got Maul

Well-Known Hunter
My observations :

1. Wool..heavy winter wool

2. Heathered Charcoal, as in Black base and grey hairs...sort of like JCrew coats---that not exactly black, not exactly grey median

3. Definitely not blue. I think its a neutral color and the purplish blue jumpsuit is making it look more towards a darker blue...but that's just an illusion.

gm

K

Kylash327

It looks like fuzzy felt to me.

Got Maul

Well-Known Hunter
actually, it kinda looks like polar fleece...doesn't it ?

i don't know...it looks mighty heavy..and usually in hollywood, heavy = wool.

Gilmortar

Well-Known Hunter
i think that it looks like a blue suede, especially on the dvd...

askywalker98

Active Hunter
Woah a thread from the dead! Yeah, has anyone made one of these? It seems kinda pointless to me, just something else to have. I cant see someone wearing that for a convention or anything really, defeats the whole purpose of having the chest armor and stuff. Also, no one would know who you are supposed to be. Thats just my thoughts.

judz dwedd

Well-Known Hunter
Great idea for someone who doesn't have all the armor yet. It looks like it's made of fleece. This is a good time of year to shop for it.